love my Nour

Packet 3 and 4

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know something. Please respond as time is drawing near for interview.

My fiance has not received Packet 3 from Casa which Washington says was mailed out Aug 6. Now Packet 4 was mailed last Friday.

Do you think it is necessary for me to email Casa about the Packet 3? Washington says he is way past that

and we all fill out unnecessary forms that we don't have to fill out.

whatever that means.................

Anyway, his interview is set for Sept 13 according to Washington Visa Place, and that taint far.............

So what do I do.............call them or email them? :blink::blink::blink::help:

Please advise.............and I have not sent Affadavit of support yet to him..............someone says they don't take that anymore in Casa.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Thanks for all who reply to this..........

Sara El Malki

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

it sounds to me like you may have already filled out the necessary forms from packet 3--also, i was under the impression that the embassy would not even schedule the interview until you returned the necessary forms from packet 3....not sure though, I would probably email the embassy for sure :)

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
it sounds to me like you may have already filled out the necessary forms from packet 3--also, i was under the impression that the embassy would not even schedule the interview until you returned the necessary forms from packet 3....not sure though, I would probably email the embassy for sure :)

Casblanca does not require submission of any forms prior to the interview. There are no separate "packet 3" and "packet 4".

Hi - have you ever received anything from Casa indicating your fiance has an interview? If not, I would definately email them and put in the subject line something that indicates you know you have an interview 9/13/07 however NO PACKET #3 EVER RECEIVED.

My husband received his "packet 3" via email from Casa --- and he had to print the email to bring it with him so he could even attend his interview........ just something to think about (if he has nothing from casa that says he is to be there on 9/13/07 the guard will probably not let him in the consulate!!)

I wish you the best of luck!!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Timeline

We have not sent any forms in nor have we filled out any, so I can't imagine why they set up an interview for him. Washington just said when it was and that a lot of people fill out unnecessary forms that they do not have to fill out.

Whatever that means. So now we are waiting to see. I have emailed Casa but have not heard anything from them.

So now I might call Washington again to see what they might say to do.

Sara El Malki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

good luck !

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I bet I'm not the only one that couldn't help because I didn't know that casa is short for Casablanca - and that you're referring to the beneficiary's embassy. Also, what is Washington referring to?

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Timeline

We have not sent any forms in nor have we filled out any, so I can't imagine why they set up an interview for him. Washington just said when it was and that a lot of people fill out unnecessary forms that they do not have to fill out.

Whatever that means. So now we are waiting to see. I have emailed Casa but have not heard anything from them.

What do ou mean you haven't filled out any forms? Didn't you file an I-129F petition?

There is no packet that must be sent back to the consulate before they schedule your interview! Paperwork is brought to the the interview.

You might want to check out this thread. Maybe it will clear up some of your confusion: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41986

Timeline

What do ou mean you haven't filled out any forms? Didn't you file an I-129F petition?

There is no packet that must be sent back to the consulate before they schedule your interview! Paperwork is brought to the the interview.

You might want to check out this thread. Maybe it will clear up some of your confusion: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41986

Ok, We did fill out the I-129F, got the NOA1 and NOA2...........I called NVC and they said our papers were sent to Casablanca, but to call the Washington NV for more information. So I did, that person told me his interview is for Sept 13

and that packet 3 was mailed August 6, which he does not have as of today, and that packet 4 was sent August 16, which he does not have yet. The person there says people fill out unnecessary forms that they do not have to fill out and all will be taken care of at the interview. ??????????????? Anyway, that is what we have done. And now waiting to see. I have emailed Casablanca but no response yet. So now what?

Sara El Malki

Timeline

Ok, We did fill out the I-129F, got the NOA1 and NOA2...........I called NVC and they said our papers were sent to Casablanca, but to call the Washington NV for more information. So I did, that person told me his interview is for Sept 13

and that packet 3 was mailed August 6, which he does not have as of today, and that packet 4 was sent August 16, which he does not have yet. The person there says people fill out unnecessary forms that they do not have to fill out and all will be taken care of at the interview. ??????????????? Anyway, that is what we have done. And now waiting to see. I have emailed Casablanca but no response yet. So now what?

What I'm saying is that you must have received incorrect information from whomever you spoke with at the "Washington NV" (I'm not sure what you're referring to here - do you mean DOS?), since there are no separate packets 3 and 4 in Casablanca.

If you don't hear from Casa soon and your fiance still has not received his packet in the mail, then I would call and see if he can be permitted to pick up the forms and instructions (the packet) directly from the consulate.

Timeline

What I'm saying is that you must have received incorrect information from whomever you spoke with at the "Washington NV" (I'm not sure what you're referring to here - do you mean DOS?), since there are no separate packets 3 and 4 in Casablanca.

If you don't hear from Casa soon and your fiance still has not received his packet in the mail, then I would call and see if he can be permitted to pick up the forms and instructions (the packet) directly from the consulate.

Hi again, I did call Washington today, they said the same thing as before, packet 3 is not required as we have already filled out information forms like, GS325A and I-129F. He did say to call Casa and his interview is Sept 13. So I will tomorrow and see what happens.

Sara El Malki

Hi again, I did call Washington today, they said the same thing as before, packet 3 is not required as we have already filled out information forms like, GS325A and I-129F. He did say to call Casa and his interview is Sept 13. So I will tomorrow and see what happens.

Hi - I think you are very confused about what forms you need...... your fiance needs to fill out forms and bring them with him to the interview.... these forms are what is included with the packet 3 that was mailed (but never received) to your fiance...... there is also a letter with the date and time of his intervew which he will need to be permitted into his interview.

You are running out of time!! You need to email the consulate again with something to draw their attention to the subject line stating your interview is >>>>> (date) and you have not yet recieved packet #3.....

They will email you a listing of all the forms you need and your fiance will need to print this email as proof for his interview date and time.

I know it is confusing because Casablanca does not handle the process as other embassies and this is why when you call the DOS you are getting some conflicting information...

Please be assurred the information I have put here is accurate .... I have read many stories from couples that have been turned away because they did not have the proper forms (whether it were their faults or not!!)

I would hate to see you guys waiting all this time only to fall into this category!!

Did your fiance get his medical? that information is also included in packet #3......

Good Luck!

Malarie

Edited by Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.