ikyang

CR1 Visa, due for removal of conditions Dec 14 2007

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i am a new member to this forum. and as i was browsing all discussions i find it very helpful.

I got here in US-TN to be exact, last MArch 14, 2006 with a CR1 Visa, i got my conditional green card then 2 weeks after i arrived.

Now, i am preparing my papers to lift my conditions, that will be this December 2007.

My questions are:

1. I live in TN, where should i send my papers to?

2. Me and my husband are renting our home now, and we don't have a lease agreement from our landlord. no lease contract. so what papers should i send?

3. We have joint account, family health insurance, we file join-taxes, would this be enough?

4. For the past 1 year and 5 months that i lived here in US, we did not have trips together, we are tight of money.

5. We dont have baby

6. I am working now, and we bought a car on my name alone, because he has a very bad credit from his ex-wife. we had a good deal on that car if my name alone not joint, good interest rate.

7. Some utility bills on his name, and some on mine.

Please give me some advices of what documents i need to get prepare. and how much is the filling fee?

thank you so much

aying

Hello guys, i am a new member to this forum. and as i was browsing all discussions i find it very helpful.

I got here in US-TN to be exact, last MArch 14, 2006 with a CR1 Visa, i got my conditional green card then 2 weeks after i arrived.

Now, i am preparing my papers to lift my conditions, that will be this December 2007.

My questions are:

1. I live in TN, where should i send my papers to?

2. Me and my husband are renting our home now, and we don't have a lease agreement from our landlord. no lease contract. so what papers should i send?

3. We have joint account, family health insurance, we file join-taxes, would this be enough?

4. For the past 1 year and 5 months that i lived here in US, we did not have trips together, we are tight of money.

5. We dont have baby

6. I am working now, and we bought a car on my name alone, because he has a very bad credit from his ex-wife. we had a good deal on that car if my name alone not joint, good interest rate.

7. Some utility bills on his name, and some on mine.

Please give me some advices of what documents i need to get prepare. and how much is the filling fee?

thank you so much

aying

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i just wanted to mention that you can file anywhere between 90 days (not 3 months) and the day your card expires .. so filing on Dec 14th might be pushing it.. I would wait a few days....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

biometrics is where they take your fingerprints and your picture.. everyone has to do this when removing conditions... once you have filed the I-751 you will get a biometrics appointment a few weeks or months later that will let you know where yo have to go and what day...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.