illlogical

Married but Haven't had wedding

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am American and my wife is Chinese. She and I hae lived together for 4 years or so and have gotten married however we have not yet had our wedding. Partly, this is because we are saving some cash to have an awesome celebration and partly we are trying to navigate the issues of where and how to have the wedding. We are currently applying for a CR1 green card for her and I was just wondering whether it will be a problem that we haven't had a wedding. We have lots of photos and proof of our long-term relationship. (we heard about the fiancee visa after getting married unfortunately).

Any help is appreciated.

-A Illlogical

Hi,

I am American and my wife is Chinese. She and I hae lived together for 4 years or so and have gotten married however we have not yet had our wedding. Partly, this is because we are saving some cash to have an awesome celebration and partly we are trying to navigate the issues of where and how to have the wedding. We are currently applying for a CR1 green card for her and I was just wondering whether it will be a problem that we haven't had a wedding. We have lots of photos and proof of our long-term relationship. (we heard about the fiancee visa after getting married unfortunately).

Any help is appreciated.

-A Illlogical

Not a problem in the least. Only a legal marriage matters for any spousal visa process.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

-A Illlogical

Not a problem in the least. Only a legal marriage matters for any spousal visa process.

Evidence of living together four years is far more convincing evidence of a bona fide relationship than pictures of a party.

The Notarial translation of the information in you little red book will confirm you registered a marriage in China.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Bills on both names for same address, insurance documents (if insured together), phone or internet contracts if signed together, rent contract etc etc as long as both names are in it.

As long as it is some kind of official document that has both names in it. If all bills etc are on separate names, then something else that has come to the same address officially would probably do, like the back statement for one name and insurance for the other name.

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Bills on both names for same address, insurance documents (if insured together), phone or internet contracts if signed together, rent contract etc etc as long as both names are in it.

As long as it is some kind of official document that has both names in it. If all bills etc are on separate names, then something else that has come to the same address officially would probably do, like the back statement for one name and insurance for the other name.

He's probably not going to have much, if any of that if they are living together in China. Whatever you do have, use. The primary evidence is going to be your passport and visas showing you were in China. If you've been working there in the same city, then you should have evidence of employment in the same city. If you have any documentation showing your address in China is the same, like received mail etc. use that. Did you register your address with the local police?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

-A Illlogical

:yes::thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.