Flames9_RN

Tracking software???? Computer Geeks Unite!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, this is really not for me, really,lol My wife has been away fro 4 months, thus not required,lol Lady I work for just called me up in tears!! She found a bunch of "bad" stuff on the family laptop which was for her husband! She didnt go into detail, but sounded very very bad, pretty much confirms he is seeing someone on the side. Any one know of any good software one can put on a laptop and trace a persons websites/email they utilize? Of course it has to be invisible so the other person doesn't know he isn't being tracked!!

Thats not the avenue I suggested!! i suggested she see a therapist on her own and go from there. But I guess they have already crossed that bridge! But I said sometimes it takes a therapist one can trust!!! She is also thinking of a private investigator!! Its a touchy situation!! I just tried to be a good listener! feel bad for her. Any help is greatly appreciared

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, she should REALLY be talking to him and a therapist!

But anyway, she can check his surfing history if he doesn't delete that from his browsers but she can also purchase keystroke logging software. Not sure which one to use as I've never used it but if she just does googles it she can read what each one does.

I strongly advise against this type of spying on spouses!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

yes, I stated i was against it as well!! he is a big guy, and if he ever found out, he would be ticked I bet!! I really don't know him that well!! I highly suggested a therapist! They both have gone to one, but didn't work!! I said sometimes it takes awhile to find a therapist 1 can be comfortable with! Sad situation!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I discussed this with my husband and he's pretty much in agreement that it's just a bad idea. Whether or not he's messing around, really no good can come out of this. If she "catches" him, well the marriage is probably over. If she doesn't find anything and he finds out? Well, that's a HUGE problem! And if she doesn't find anything, is she going to continue monitoring him? That's no good either.

It's just a bad idea all around!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

I agree!! Pretty much stated all the above to her!! Going to contact my old psychology prof for recommendations, she is most excellent!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, I get really excited reading your posts because of all the exclamation points.

I've heard of some monitoring software, like SentryPC and PC Nanny, but I've never used any of them or seen them in use. She could google "monitoring software" and read about them their. I've also heard of a little device you can plug into the back of your computer that logs every keystroke made on the machine, he wouldn't know it was there unless he looked at the back.

I agree that it is a really bad idea. If she's at the stage where she's willing to spy on him then the trust is gone. She'll probably always be suspicious that he is cheating on her, even if she doesn't find anything while she's spying. I think the only way to fix the situation would be for her to talk to her husband.

Misa is right, if he's not cheating but finds the software/hardware she's using to spy on him, then she's just made things soooo much worse.

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.