paulinespens

Police report has middle name spelt wrong

14 posts in this topic

I received my police report today from the address in New Scotland Yard London. They have spelt my middle name wrong? Is this gonna cause problems at interview? Trying to get through to them is inpossible. I have sent a fax.

Thanks

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, two years ago, they had my husband's street address spelled wrong on his police report. IMO this could have meant they searched for the completely wrong person. We did manage to get an e-mail reply from the consulate that this would not be a problem.

Have you tried e-mailing them? That used to be the most efficient way to get an answer.........

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Same thing happened to me last year.

The quickest thing to do is phone them, I did and spoke to a lovely lady

who posted out an amended one the next day.

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Thanks I will send them an email in a few days. I will see if the police take action to my fax I sent.

Phone them again and if you get the answer machine leave a message. They do take notice of it and they are really helpful. The main office for the branch I worked for was on the 16 floor of NSY and I went into the Subject Access Office to see them when I need my police report and they are very helpful people.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thanks I will send them an email in a few days. I will see if the police take action to my fax I sent.

Phone them again and if you get the answer machine leave a message. They do take notice of it and they are really helpful. The main office for the branch I worked for was on the 16 floor of NSY and I went into the Subject Access Office to see them when I need my police report and they are very helpful people.

Yeah, I phoned them to enquire about something and the woman couldn't have been more helpful. I'd try again. I phoned at about 9am in the morning and got straight through.

When I needed to contact them, I tried calling. At that time they had a recorded message saying they were too busy to take calls and didn't give you the option of leaving a message so I'm not sure if that has changed.

I e-mailed them and got an answer the same day, and they were very helpful. I would go the e-mail route myself :D

I tried calling yesterday and the answering machine was full so not allowing me to leave any meassages. So I hope they respond to my fax.

I tried calling yesterday and the answering machine was full so not allowing me to leave any meassages. So I hope they respond to my fax.

Try sending an e-mail as well. They do respond quickly :thumbs:

Good luck

Timeline

Are you trying the direct number, give The Yard switchboard a try 0207-230-1212 and ask for the Subject Access Office, unless they have specific instructions for that office they should connect you to a member of staff. They may have been told they can only connect calls to one extension but if not they should try to you get an answer.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Timeline
I received a new police report today with my middle name spelt correct :devil:

They are good people in the Subject Access Office

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.