Kevin and

Got Blue

47 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm also in the same situation as you are...my husband and I got married the first time he visited me but we have known each other for almost 7 years. Let us know if they gave a pink slip after the letter of explanation. Hope you get approved.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Tuyen brought in the requested papers on yesterday (8/28) they gave her another blue slip . They are sending it back to the USCIS to review. They think its a sham.

I wrote to my Congressman and Sentator this morning. I am going to meet with an immigration lawyer this afternoon.

Nice birthday present huh?

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline
Tuyen brought in the requested papers on yesterday (8/28) they gave her another blue slip . They are sending it back to the USCIS to review. They think its a sham.

I wrote to my Congressman and Sentator this morning. I am going to meet with an immigration lawyer this afternoon.

Now they are saying that communications between us isn't good. They couldn't have stated that in the first one? There was no request of additional evidence on the first Blue Slip, just a timeline and police record. :angry::crying::wacko::o:(

CR-1 Visa

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

Processing

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Now they are saying that communications between us isn't good. They couldn't have stated that in the first one? There was no request of additional evidence on the first Blue Slip, just a timeline and police record. :angry::crying::wacko::o:(

Kevin,

I'm afraid this is always how it is. Many people before you have gotten the wrong impression that because the consulate is requesting specific information back after an interview, this means that once you give that information your visa will be granted. This is rarely the case and only true if it is something blatant such as a missing passport or birth certificate.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Hang in there.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Sorry To hear that Kevin. It is very important to try to keep the case at HCMC before they ship it back to the states. Once it is sent back, you will most likely have to start over. I'm not an expert at this but a senator,congressman or an attorney may be able to request the case remain at the consulate for further review. There's an Americian attorney working in HCMC that could possibly help you with this.

Once again I am very sorry.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Kevin and Tuyen,

The only well-known with proven track-records I've heard is M.E. in HCM City. Need to contact him ASAP before they send your case back to the US. There is NOT even one lawyer I've known here in the US can stop this 'return to USCIS' action but M.E.

Good luck and please by all mean contact M.E.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
Kevin and Tuyen,

The only well-known with proven track-records I've heard is M.E. in HCM City. Need to contact him ASAP before they send your case back to the US. There is NOT even one lawyer I've known here in the US can stop this 'return to USCIS' action but M.E.

Good luck and please by all mean contact M.E.

Hi,

What does M.E. stand for? Have anyone use or try that before? Where can you find more information about it?

Thanks

Timeline

I got a hold of M.E., if I had all the addtional evidences right now , maybe it could be stopped from being sent back. By the time I get everything together it will be too late.

The Attorney I spoke with yesterday said the easiest thing now is wait for the Intent to Deny and submitt addtional evidences. More picture, affidavits from family and friends, reciepts from language classes, ect. Of course anything after the interview date would not be looked at.

She said that they are really scrutinizing fiance/marriage visas like never before and were even looking back at cases already approved.

So I will gather more evidence and wait.

CR-1 Visa

Processing

Hi Kevin,

Our case was denied Oct 26,2006 and it was sent back December 6, 2006. It finally was received at CSC 2-6-07. In May 2007, they told me my case was expired and they won't adjucate expired visas.

My case was a little different because the petition was originally approved at NSC.

Here are some emails from CSC after our case was returned. Things could have changed between then and now. I only wish I could have kept the case at HCMC and fought it there with M.E. 's help.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above listed 129f F petition. Said petition was returned to the California Service Center (CSC) by the State Department's [consulate/NVC] for review and was received in the CSC on or about 2/6/2007. All returned petitions are reviewed in the order in which they are received, and due to the high volume of petitions returned to our center daily and the various complexities involved in returned petitions, we may make no predictions as to the amount of time necessary to complete our review nor may we release the reasons for return to our center until the review is completed.

Once adjudicative review is completed, a CSC officer will notify the petitioner of his findings and what actions are available to the petitioner in response. If the petitioner has not received any notice from our center within eight to ten months of this notice, please do not hesitate to contact our office for additional information

Officer: Rani Hingorani

CSC USCIS WS 22547

Congressional Unit Div XII

In May 2007 I asked where my case was and they sent me this:

We do have the case here at our office, although I'm not sure why we have it since the Nebraska Service Center adjudicated the I-129F Petition. We really should not review a Consulate return from a decision issued by another office. We really should send this back to the Nebraska Service Center.

Additionally, at this time, due to our limited resources, our office is not sending the Petitioner any further notification from an Embassy or Consulate return on I-129F Petitions since the validity period has already expired (4 months), and we will not revalidate the petition. There would be no further action for the USCIS to take since we would not be revoking an approval that already expired. For the most part, concerning I-129F Petitions, the Embassy or Consulate returns the case to the USCIS as cancelled since the visa was not issued during the authorized period. The Petitioner may file a new I-129F Petition.

Rebecca M. Cruz, CAO

CSC Congressional Unit

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Timeline
Hi Kevin,

Our case was denied Oct 26,2006 and it was sent back December 6, 2006. It finally was received at CSC 2-6-07. In May 2007, they told me my case was expired and they won't adjucate expired visas.

My case was a little different because the petition was originally approved at NSC.

Here are some emails from CSC after our case was returned. Things could have changed between then and now. I only wish I could have kept the case at HCMC and fought it there with M.E. 's help.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above listed 129f F petition. Said petition was returned to the California Service Center (CSC) by the State Department's [consulate/NVC] for review and was received in the CSC on or about 2/6/2007. All returned petitions are reviewed in the order in which they are received, and due to the high volume of petitions returned to our center daily and the various complexities involved in returned petitions, we may make no predictions as to the amount of time necessary to complete our review nor may we release the reasons for return to our center until the review is completed.

Once adjudicative review is completed, a CSC officer will notify the petitioner of his findings and what actions are available to the petitioner in response. If the petitioner has not received any notice from our center within eight to ten months of this notice, please do not hesitate to contact our office for additional information

Officer: Rani Hingorani

CSC USCIS WS 22547

Congressional Unit Div XII

In May 2007 I asked where my case was and they sent me this:

We do have the case here at our office, although I'm not sure why we have it since the Nebraska Service Center adjudicated the I-129F Petition. We really should not review a Consulate return from a decision issued by another office. We really should send this back to the Nebraska Service Center.

Additionally, at this time, due to our limited resources, our office is not sending the Petitioner any further notification from an Embassy or Consulate return on I-129F Petitions since the validity period has already expired (4 months), and we will not revalidate the petition. There would be no further action for the USCIS to take since we would not be revoking an approval that already expired. For the most part, concerning I-129F Petitions, the Embassy or Consulate returns the case to the USCIS as cancelled since the visa was not issued during the authorized period. The Petitioner may file a new I-129F Petition.

Rebecca M. Cruz, CAO

CSC Congressional Unit

Thanks for the info Dave. Mine actually did go through CSC.

What a bunch of BS. They hang on to it until it expires, then extort more money out of you. :angry:

CR-1 Visa

Processing

I got a hold of M.E., if I had all the addtional evidences right now , maybe it could be stopped from being sent back. By the time I get everything together it will be too late.

The Attorney I spoke with yesterday said the easiest thing now is wait for the Intent to Deny and submitt addtional evidences. More picture, affidavits from family and friends, reciepts from language classes, ect. Of course anything after the interview date would not be looked at.

She said that they are really scrutinizing fiance/marriage visas like never before and were even looking back at cases already approved.

So I will gather more evidence and wait.

Kevin and Tuyen,

If I were you, I would seek the asistance of M.E. and do anything I could to stall the case from being sent back. Why are you slacking now? You need to pick up your speed on this one. Waiting for the arrival of the ITD letter is way too late in the game already. Usually when they send you the ITD letter, they also give you 30 days to appeal and sometimes, they will close the case even before the 30-day period expire. I personally do not think the advice your attorney gave you is the best one. It took you that long to get your case from the US to Saigon and now back to square one again. If you hang around this forum long enough, you will definitely see the rate of success from people who seek ME's assistance while cases are STILL in Saigon is much higher and LESS time then the ones who let their cases sent back to the US. Once your case is back here, it will be at least 1 year before you can see anything. Good luck to you and yours

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Timeline

OK I'm going to try to contact M.E. From what everyone here says, I hope he can help us.

CR-1 Visa

Processing

Timeline

WHAT?

You haven't done that yet? I feel like we have been giving you a fairly sound advice for the past few days inlight of your out-come! Please, do yourself a favor and contact M.E. B) :(

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Agree with David-Hien!

Two things I learn in life: There is a GOD, and I am not HIM!

M.E. is no exception here... but he is a better choice between sitting here in the US and cry out on VJ vs. reach out for assitance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.