chiquita

Casablanca

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here is waiting for an interview in Morocco? Our I-130 was re affrimed January 11, 2006. We were originally denied the K 3 visa last March and BCIS overturned it. I know NVC has to make the appointment, but what is taking so long???

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here is waiting for an interview in Morocco? Our I-130 was re affrimed January 11, 2006. We were originally denied the K 3 visa last March and BCIS overturned it. I know NVC has to make the appointment, but what is taking so long???

Sorry it is taking so long. The waiting is hell. It took NVC 2 months just to schedule our interview after completing our case, then another month for the interview. Good luck and hang in there.

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

Timeline

Sorry it is taking so long. The waiting is hell. It took NVC 2 months just to schedule our interview after completing our case, then another month for the interview. Good luck and hang in there.

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it. Most don't bother to reply once their beloved is here. I understand there is a back logg going on in Casa at the moment.

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

We have 12 going through Morocco listed on the Cheerleading thread who are awaiting their first interview to be scheduled.... there may be more out there we've missed. Many have been waiting several months.

Congratulations on your re-affirmed petition !! Casablanca's actions have cost you a lengthy and completely unnecessary delay... as your re-approved I-130 shows that USCIS sees nothing wrong with your case, even under a second, closer scrutiny.

Insha'allah you will get an interview very soon, be reunited with your husband, and finally be done with that consulate forever.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would think it would be first come, first served for interviews. However, a few K-1's recently (who were approved later than you) already have interviews for April. (I know it is immigrant vs nonimmigrant visas...I still think it should be first come first served.) This whole system is screwed up!

The only real light at the end of this tunnel for you Barbara is that by the time your husband gets interviewed again and makes it to the States, since you have been married over two years, he will get his 10 year greencard (not a two year conditional one). So...you guys will be done with DHS and USCIS for a while!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

have they completed processing the I-864 and the DS0230? If so, when?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
have they completed processing the I-864 and the DS0230? If so, when?

Our I-864 and DS 230 was completed last summer. Our I-130 was sent back to BCIS pending the denied K 3 and reaffrimed November 05. Now we are just waiting another interview.

I know he will get the 10 year card but I would rather hace had him here with me a year ago. It has been a long year of so mush anguish not knowing what was going on and I have learned so much about this process.

I still would love to bring a class action suit against DOS just to prevent this from happening to other couples. But I need other couples to join in. So far in 1 years time no one has shown any interest. Oh well, can't say that I didn't try.

There is so much Casa does and gets away with I am surprised it has gone on for so long.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

It looks like K-3's are waiting significantly longer than K-1's for interviews at Casa. Very unfair.

I'm surprised nobody wants to try for a class action with you; I would totally go in on it with you if I had anything to complain about, but I've been lucky so far.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The problem with going into a class action suit against them is because we aren't finished with the process. If we lose the case, what will they do to our cases?

We have actually talked about what we could do about it in the Desert Rose group. For right now discussions are on hold until Kiya gets back, but it certainly isn't a dead issue at all.

My thought is rather than us go after them as individuals we need large numbers, and we need involvement from congress. The reason? Simply put, if we lose the case and are denied visas then congress is there to see it all.....looks bad for Casa to deny all of them.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
The problem with going into a class action suit against them is because we aren't finished with the process. If we lose the case, what will they do to our cases?

We have actually talked about what we could do about it in the Desert Rose group. For right now discussions are on hold until Kiya gets back, but it certainly isn't a dead issue at all.

My thought is rather than us go after them as individuals we need large numbers, and we need involvement from congress. The reason? Simply put, if we lose the case and are denied visas then congress is there to see it all.....looks bad for Casa to deny all of them.

I am sure we would not lose our case. All we want is for them to follow the law and the guidelines set down for them. I don't think filing a law suit would have any thing to do with us getting a visa. That would prove even more wrong doing!

I agree, we need a large group of people to do this. I know the consulate in south Africa went under because of what they were doing so it is possible to do. Perhaps it didn't make the headlines but it did happen.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline
Hope your interview comes soon :luv:

Thank you!

P.S. I live in Michigan too.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree it should be first come first serve...

it does seem however that K-3's take longer...doesnt make any sense.

you have been so patient...im hoping things speed up for you.

Sarah and Otman

Naturalization interview: August 25th

Oath Ceremony: September 17th!!! woo hoo.

Timeline
Do you wonder if maybe Casablanca is just a bit embarrassed to have to see your case again after their denial got overturned? Nothing like having your face rubbed in your stupid mistakes to make you try to avoid the situation.

Just a thought.

I really hope so. I sure hope we get the same CO Nick Snyeder too!

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.