CoCo1020

Interview Casablanca 8/15 refused!!!!

37 posts in this topic

Visa Donkey......

A well put moniker...because this whole process is a real pain in the azz!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

O M G .........................

I am sitting here reading this thread and got to your post and I had to bust a gut!!!

That was funny!!!! and so very very very true!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The noble donkey ;)

donkey.jpg

HEY -- that is why my husbands name check has not completed --- the dang donkey cant get his feet on the ground to go anywhere ..............................................

Will someone please help that donkey already ?????

Again -- LMAO....... there must be a full moon (or I have really lost my mind!!)

Malarie

Edited by Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is interesting. I wonder if the second notation by 5/19 indicates that there was a hit when the donkey check was completed, so additional checks were ordered then? I guess there's no way to know, but it's intriguing to see the time-line written out like this.

We were told our AP was complete and they even called my husband for his passport. 3 days after he took in his passport, they requested new checks, this was the 5/19 check. It took DOS 5 days to even start the new request. When I called DOS, a lady there advised me the new check was a more in depth check and can take up to 6 months to clear. She also said it was a multi agency check done by the FBI and other outside agency's. You can see our time-line below.

04/27/2006: INTERVIEW

05/10/2006: AP complete

05/16/2006: Consulate called to bring passport...yeah!

05/19/2006: New clearance requested

05/24/2006: New clearance acknowledged by DOS

05/25/2006: Consulate called to come get passport (no visa), back in AP...????

09/02/2006: Off for another visit...hope it's the LAST!

09/28/2006: VISA IN HAND..finally after 5 months and 1 day of AP...alhamdulillah!!!

What happened to us is not the norm, but certainly not unheard of. There are a couple other members that come to mind that went thru similar situations. There is nothing to worry about, just be prepared for a bit longer wait than others.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

This is interesting. I wonder if the second notation by 5/19 indicates that there was a hit when the donkey check was completed, so additional checks were ordered then? I guess there's no way to know, but it's intriguing to see the time-line written out like this.

We were told our AP was complete and they even called my husband for his passport. 3 days after he took in his passport, they requested new checks, this was the 5/19 check. It took DOS 5 days to even start the new request. When I called DOS, a lady there advised me the new check was a more in depth check and can take up to 6 months to clear. She also said it was a multi agency check done by the FBI and other outside agency's. You can see our time-line below.

04/27/2006: INTERVIEW

05/10/2006: AP complete

05/16/2006: Consulate called to bring passport...yeah!

05/19/2006: New clearance requested

05/24/2006: New clearance acknowledged by DOS

05/25/2006: Consulate called to come get passport (no visa), back in AP...????

09/02/2006: Off for another visit...hope it's the LAST!

09/28/2006: VISA IN HAND..finally after 5 months and 1 day of AP...alhamdulillah!!!

What happened to us is not the norm, but certainly not unheard of. There are a couple other members that come to mind that went thru similar situations. There is nothing to worry about, just be prepared for a bit longer wait than others.

This is one of the most useful personal experiences posted in a loooong time.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Carshel -

How did your husband get his actual file?? I'm just curious why our visa was approved to fast and easily. I think it was one of the only cases with a male beneficiary recieving visa the next day that I've seen on here.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
Carshel -

How did your husband get his actual file?? I'm just curious why our visa was approved to fast and easily. I think it was one of the only cases with a male beneficiary recieving visa the next day that I've seen on here.

I don't know why they gave it to him, but they did. I did not believe him when he was telling me what they had written on it until he showed it to me when he got here. I honestly think a lot of it has to do with the fact he is a Mohamed and his last name is just as bad. It could not have been due to previous travel or his job as he had never been outside Maroc and his job was nothing technical. The lady at DOS even made a comment about his name being the possible reason.

What's crazy, it was quicker to get his Green Card than it was the Visa, and we had no interview.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.