Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Medical is tomorrow, am getting the 3AM coach from Exeter as the train was like £90 to get into London before 9AM so I'll probably be too sleepy to be stressed! Wish me luck, I'll write a review after I'm done :P

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck Otter, may you be hotter (but not so much hotter as to disturb the doctors at KB) ! :)

QueenofBlades, you said your husband was with you at the medical? Could he attend all parts of it with you, or did he have to wait in the reception area? I'll be able to go to Jake's medical so I was curious.....!

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

Not sure what it's like now, but for what it's worth I was able to tag along but I had to sit in the waiting room while the (now ex-) Mr Maven went in for his medical. He found it useful to know I was there because he was convinced he had dengue fever, or syphilis, or the ague, or, or, or... He was fine, by the way, just neurotic.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I blogged about it on my way home here http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/ but I thought I'd post a shorter version here as I know people find reviews helpful just like I did.

Panic on the Streets of London
Imagine a day when you have a blood test, an x ray and you lie on a bed naked as a female doctor examines your family jewels and you pay £235 for the privilege. Welcome to my Thursday! I’m on my way home from my immigrant visa medical in London, it went better than I expected which is a nice thing to report. By the time I arrived at Victoria my heart was beating faster and I was a bag of nerves. By the time I reached the clinic (an easy walk from Bond Street) I was shaking. The clinic was easy to find and they opened the door as soon as I pressed the buzzer.
I was sitting in the waiting room after filling out another questionnaire when a Kiwi doctor called me in. She was lovely, dispelling all my fears and putting me at ease. We started off with general questions about my health then I sat on the bed while she checked my ears and eyes. Next was the stripping off followed by lying on the bed. She checked my heartbeat and blood pressure and various other things before the dreaded pulling my pants down to check my gentleman vegetables. All was well apparently, and she then took my blood. She chatted to me the whole time, which helped a lot.
Then she revealed that although I’m quite light for my height, I’m healthy and in good shape. She added that she often has to give people lectures about their health but everything was fine with me and that made a pleasant change for her. I was pretty happy with that! I then had to go to another room to get a chest x ray which involved bizarrely taking on a chicken like pose while a lady xrayed my chest. So I have a clean bill of health so far and hopefully no bad feedback about the chest x ray and blood test.
After the medical I paid my £235 (ouch) then played the tourist for a few hours :)
Edited by Hotter Otter

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I blogged about it on my way home here http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/ but I thought I'd post a shorter version here as I know people find reviews helpful just like I did.

Panic on the Streets of London
Imagine a day when you have a blood test, an x ray and you lie on a bed naked as a female doctor examines your family jewels and you pay £235 for the privilege. Welcome to my Thursday! I’m on my way home from my immigrant visa medical in London, it went better than I expected which is a nice thing to report. By the time I arrived at Victoria my heart was beating faster and I was a bag of nerves. By the time I reached the clinic (an easy walk from Bond Street) I was shaking. The clinic was easy to find and they opened the door as soon as I pressed the buzzer.
I was sitting in the waiting room after filling out another questionnaire when a Kiwi doctor called me in. She was lovely, dispelling all my fears and putting me at ease. We started off with general questions about my health then I sat on the bed while she checked my ears and eyes. Next was the stripping off followed by lying on the bed. She checked my heartbeat and blood pressure and various other things before the dreaded pulling my pants down to check my gentleman vegetables. All was well apparently, and she then took my blood. She chatted to me the whole time, which helped a lot.
Then she revealed that although I’m quite lightweight, I’m healthy and in good shape. She added that she often has to give people lectures about their health but everything was fine with me and that made a pleasant change for her. I was pretty happy with that! I then had to go to another room to get a chest x ray which involved bizarrely taking on a chicken like pose while a lady xrayed my chest. So I have a clean bill of health so far and hopefully no bad feedback about the chest x ray and blood test.
After the medical I paid my £235 (ouch) then played the tourist for a few hours :)

My husband told me he read your blog this morning about your medical appointment. He feels much more at ease about his medical when it happens :-)

Edit: by this morning, I mean my USA morning lol

Edited by bdrew612

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Timeline

My husband told me he read your blog this morning about your medical appointment. He feels much more at ease about his medical when it happens :-)

Edit: by this morning, I mean my USA morning lol

That's good to hear, hopefully he gets the same Doctor! Also nice for him that he lives so close to London, I'm jealous after my 8 hour travelling today and again in two weeks lol

Timeline

Good luck Otter, may you be hotter (but not so much hotter as to disturb the doctors at KB) ! :)

QueenofBlades, you said your husband was with you at the medical? Could he attend all parts of it with you, or did he have to wait in the reception area? I'll be able to go to Jake's medical so I was curious.....!

I can answer that, there was a guy (early 20's) waiting with his mum at the same time as me and he asked if she could attend the examination with him and the Doctor said "we usually do these one on one".

Imagine a day when you have a blood test, an x ray and you lie on a bed naked as a female doctor examines your family jewels and you pay £235 for the privilege. Welcome to my Thursday!

Just this ^^ lol, exactly my sentiments when i had mine :)

That's good to hear, hopefully he gets the same Doctor! Also nice for him that he lives so close to London, I'm jealous after my 8 hour travelling today and again in two weeks lol

Hubby had another question; how was the nurse on a scale of Margaret Thatcher to Kelly Brook? lol

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Timeline

Hubby had another question; how was the nurse on a scale of Margaret Thatcher to Kelly Brook? lol

I didn't see the one everyone refers to! Either that or their taste in women is very different to mine lol

I found the nurse i had (can't remember her name) to be a little impatient with her requests but i put that down to doing the same thing every day..

Hello there. We have just received my wife's LND # and are now ready to complete the DS-260 and schedule her medical. My question is, how long do we have to wait for the medical appointment and can you choose the date that suits you best?

Medical is tomorrow, am getting the 3AM coach from Exeter as the train was like £90 to get into London before 9AM so I'll probably be too sleepy to be stressed! Wish me luck, I'll write a review after I'm done :P

I feel fro you. It sucks for those who have to travel far. Wish you best of luck.

Timeline

Hello there. We have just received my wife's LND # and are now ready to complete the DS-260 and schedule her medical. My question is, how long do we have to wait for the medical appointment and can you choose the date that suits you best?

Yes you can choose a date subject to availability (if you want one as soon as possible you won't have as much choice of course) and they offer a choice of appointment times the day you ask for as well. As an example I called them on the 18th of April and they had dates available from the 30th onwards.

Yes you can choose a date subject to availability (if you want one as soon as possible you won't have as much choice of course) and they offer a choice of appointment times the day you ask for as well. As an example I called them on the 18th of April and they had dates available from the 30th onwards.

Ok, thank you. Good to know, for we have a scheduled vacation and will not be back until the 20th. I guess, it would be good to call Knightsbridge now and see if we can schedule for a certain day, right after we come back. I noticed your interview was scheduled around 3 weeks after your medical. Would it be safe to assume that we will have that good 3 weeks after medical before the interview? I'm still waiting for some documents to arrive from the U.S.

You have to lie on the bed naked? Don't you even get a sheet to cover most of yourself up with? o.o I mean, I know they're going to be examining your entire body, but a little dignity wouldn't go amiss...

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.