Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

What I meant by the +90 day period was the fact it takes around that long for the CR1 to be processed via DCF in London. So just as I said earlier, all this cost will be incurred by me within that period.

It was my understanding that the Immigrant fee was payable on the day of the interview, before the interview can commence.

Okay so if you are DCF, put that in you profile. There is a choice for that. You don't process at NVC. You do have the medical before you can be given an interview date. You don't pay anything to NVC. Your visa fee is paid online once you know the Interview date. The DCF process is a lot like the K1 in many ways.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Okay so if you are DCF, put that in you profile. There is a choice for that. You don't process at NVC. You do have the medical before you can be given an interview date. You don't pay anything to NVC. Your visa fee is paid online once you know the Interview date. The DCF process is a lot like the K1 in many ways.

Sorry for the confusion. As I am the forum's user, I put my own information here and not my wife's. She will be the upcoming beneficiary. We haven't filed yet, but yes, it will be through DCF process. I've read the typical London's DCF process - provided by lost_at_sea, but there are still questions that arise. The medical cost was one of the. Although, I do have another one: you have posted a list of fees and I'm confused about the $230 visa fee and $88 AOS review fee. In my wife's case, the AOS review fee obviously does not apply, but what about this $230 visa fee on top of the $165 immigrant fee? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the latter, isn't that the one you pay at the POE, in order to receive the permanent resident card?

Could you, please create a list of fees (minus the obvious Police Certificate fee) and the time frame in which they have to be paid? I will greatly appreciate.

Sorry for the confusion. As I am the forum's user, I put my own information here and not my wife's. She will be the upcoming beneficiary. We haven't filed yet, but yes, it will be through DCF process. I've read the typical London's DCF process - provided by lost_at_sea, but there are still questions that arise. The medical cost was one of the. Although, I do have another one: you have posted a list of fees and I'm confused about the $230 visa fee and $88 AOS review fee. In my wife's case, the AOS review fee obviously does not apply, but what about this $230 visa fee on top of the $165 immigrant fee? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the latter, isn't that the one you pay at the POE, in order to receive the permanent resident card?

Could you, please create a list of fees (minus the obvious Police Certificate fee) and the time frame in which they have to be paid? I will greatly appreciate.

For DCF, without the police certificates/cost of travel/hotels/postage, your costs will be:

$420 for the I-130 - paid with petition package

£235 for the medical (plus extra for any vaccinations taken there) - paid at medical appointment

$230 for the visa (plus extra if you are having the passport+visa couriered back to your home) - paid online in advance, details outlined in Packet 4 interview invitation letter

$165 Immigration fee - paid before US entry, see http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

For DCF, without the police certificates/cost of travel/hotels/postage, your costs will be:

$420 for the I-130 - paid with petition package

£235 for the medical (plus extra for any vaccinations taken there) - paid at medical appointment

$230 for the visa (plus extra if you are having the passport+visa couriered back to your home) - paid online in advance, details outlined in Packet 4 interview invitation letter

$165 Immigration fee - paid before US entry, see http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

And again, my lost at sea "captain" comes to the rescue ;) Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Daymo, it is fairly new, but you did a different process before. There's a lot you won't remember because you didn't do a spouse visa before. Here's the K1 version for cost comparisons and where fees are paid.

K1 London route

$340 (USCIS) I-129F petition

£45 (ACPO) Police certificate just before petition approval

£235 (Knightsbridge Doctors) medical exam. Pay at exam.

$240 (Embassy) Visa fee prior to interview. Online pay.

$30 Courier fee if home delivery, $0 to pick up at a depot. Online.

$1070 (USCIS) Adjustment of Status/Work Authorization/Advance Parole

Yes, you're right - it WAS a different process I did before! And I've forgotten tons of it. It also occurred to me that I've never filled out an I-130 before and I have a few questions - get that spoon ready!!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Yes, you're right - it WAS a different process I did before! And I've forgotten tons of it. It also occurred to me that I've never filled out an I-130 before and I have a few questions - get that spoon ready!!

Call me. I talk faster than I can type on the iPad. I've never filled out an I-130 either :P

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi - I've been lurking but thought I would post as I have my medical on Monday.

It all seemed to happen really quickly which is good but means I am going to be a bit unprepared for the medical. I went to my doctors and they have no vaccination records apart from my yearly flu jabs and a tetanus booster I had in 1988. None of my records before I moved house in 1987 came from my previous doctors and my parents don't recall which doctors we went to 30 years ago. So that means I will probably have to get all the vaccinations again. Also I kind of forgot I have depression and reading on here I need a letter from the doctor stating I won't harm myself or others etc. I called the doctor but its too late for a letter as can take upto 2 weeks but better to go in and see the doctor directly.

Also I have Multiple Sclerosis but I have several hospital letters and I had one in January which looks like it will be useful as it states my prognosis and that they will send me with 3 months of injections when I do go to the states.

I get so nervous at the doctors and my blood pressure is always on the high side although in January the nurse who took it said it was fine and nothing to worry about so hopefully if I relax I should be ok.

I found it cheaper to get a plane down to London from Manchester rather than the train, I hate coaches and I am not driving! I am the sort of person that refuses to be late I would rather be 4 hours early than 1 minute late so I have allowed loads of time. Well 3 hours from when the plane arrives at Heathrow till my appointment.

My fiancee Melissa is coming over with her daughter in May, would be cool if my visa is all sorted by then and I could fly back with her.

Anyway I am thankful for this forum as reading some of peoples experiences on here has helped put me at ease a bit.

I will report on my experience when I get back. My appointment is at 14:30 on Monday 3rd March :)

It all seemed to happen really quickly which is good but means I am going to be a bit unprepared for the medical. I went to my doctors and they have no vaccination records apart from my yearly flu jabs and a tetanus booster I had in 1988. None of my records before I moved house in 1987 came from my previous doctors and my parents don't recall which doctors we went to 30 years ago. So that means I will probably have to get all the vaccinations again. Also I kind of forgot I have depression and reading on here I need a letter from the doctor stating I won't harm myself or others etc. I called the doctor but its too late for a letter as can take upto 2 weeks but better to go in and see the doctor directly.

Also I have Multiple Sclerosis but I have several hospital letters and I had one in January which looks like it will be useful as it states my prognosis and that they will send me with 3 months of injections when I do go to the states.

I get so nervous at the doctors and my blood pressure is always on the high side although in January the nurse who took it said it was fine and nothing to worry about so hopefully if I relax I should be ok.

I found it cheaper to get a plane down to London from Manchester rather than the train, I hate coaches and I am not driving! I am the sort of person that refuses to be late I would rather be 4 hours early than 1 minute late so I have allowed loads of time. Well 3 hours from when the plane arrives at Heathrow till my appointment.

My fiancee Melissa is coming over with her daughter in May, would be cool if my visa is all sorted by then and I could fly back with her.

Anyway I am thankful for this forum as reading some of peoples experiences on here has helped put me at ease a bit.

I will report on my experience when I get back. My appointment is at 14:30 on Monday 3rd March smile.png

Best of luck! I have a medical condition too, and I got my letter within a week from my GP, plus photocopies of letters sent from the hospital to my GP.

If you see your current GP and state the urgency of this letter, I'm sure they will try to accommodate your needs.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline

It isn't a huge deal to not have the letter by the time of the medical. If they ask for a letter, just tell them you are waiting for the letter. As soon as they receive the fax, they will send your package to the embassy (which is a 15 minute walk from the Knightsbrige doctors). It takes 3 or 4 days for them to get your blood back anyway, so the max you are going to delay your stuff getting sent out is maybe another week plus a day or two give or take.

I think May is a realistic timeline. I wouldn't want to give you false hope, but it typically takes between 2 and 4 weeks from London receiving the packet until they schedule your date (normally a month from the time the date is scheduled). It has been taking considerably less time recently, but god knows how busy they will be in the upcoming weeks. I still think from the timelines I have seen, and my own timeline (medical on 14th, note from doctor on 20th, sent to embassy on 21st January---Date received interview 4th Feb ----Interview 28th of Feb) Estimating I will get my passport back sometime late next week, early the following week, if that helps with you trying to figure out if May is possible.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Hi all

I have a question I hope someone can answer?

I had my medical booked for 20th February but had to cancel as my case is still at NVC and has not been forwarded to London yet. I spoke with Knightsbridge and they said they have been advised by the embassy not to examine applicants until all their paper work has arrived at the Embassy.

Anyway, I obtained my police certificate on 3rd Feb in time for this original appointment. Now I am worried that by the time I actually have my medical exam it will be out of date. Please note that I would have had to obtain the police certificate on the 3rd Feb in any case as it needs to be send to NVC in the IV application package. If all goes well at NVC I expect to have my medical by the end of this month.

Does anyone know how long Knightsbridge consider the certificate to be valid? I know for the Embassy it is 6 months so it would make sense for Knightsbridge to follow the same validity period.

Many thanks

Tim

Timeline

Hi all

I had my medical booked for 20th February but had to cancel as my case is still at NVC and has not been forwarded to London yet. I spoke with Knightsbridge and they said they have been advised by the embassy not to examine applicants until all their paper work has arrived at the Embassy.

Anyway, I obtained my police certificate on 3rd Feb in time for this original appointment. Now I am worried that by the time I actually have my medical exam it will be out of date. Please note that I would have had to obtain the police certificate on the 3rd Feb in any case as it needs to be send to NVC in the IV application package. If all goes well at NVC I expect to have my medical by the end of this month.

Does anyone know how long Knightsbridge consider the certificate to be valid? I know for the Embassy it is 6 months so it would make sense for Knightsbridge to follow the same validity period.

Many thanks

Tim

You are fine. Don't worry about it.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Hi all

Many thanks

Tim

If you are a K1 processing at the London consulate, then you send nothing to NVC. The processing at NVC is for spouse visas.

If you are worried about the UK police certificate, that is valid for 12 months. Read it for yourself on this London embassy web page http://london.usembassy.gov/document_checklist.html#police_certificate it discusses police certificates from other countries as well as UK ones.

And you would probably benefit from reading the K1 London tutorial posted here in the UK forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

If you are a K1 processing at the London consulate, then you send nothing to NVC. The processing at NVC is for spouse visas.

If you are worried about the UK police certificate, that is valid for 12 months. Read it for yourself on this London embassy web page http://london.usembassy.gov/document_checklist.html#police_certificate it discusses police certificates from other countries as well as UK ones.

And you would probably benefit from reading the K1 London tutorial posted here in the UK forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Thanks for the info. I am applying for a spouse visa so needed to send my police cert to NVC.

I was pretty sure I would be ok, but just wanted to double check.

Thanks for the info. I am applying for a spouse visa so needed to send my police cert to NVC.

I was pretty sure I would be ok, but just wanted to double check.

Sorry, I thought I looked at your profile and it said K1. Better go make the coffee and wake up :P

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I will report on my experience when I get back. My appointment is at 14:30 on Monday 3rd March smile.png

I don't have an awful lot to add that hasn't been said before.

I arrived an hour early but they were fully booked so I opted to wait in the waiting room for the hour. They were pretty prompt at my appointment time and I went through to the chest x-ray. Pretty straightforward - it was the same jovial fella that everyone else has talked about. He took 2 photos as I said I felt I had more breath in me. I went back to the waiting room and waited a little while for the appointment with the Doctor. She didn't tell me her name but I know it from the vaccination records. She went through the questions on the questionnaire I filled out in reception. Pretty straightforward. She explained what the physical entailed and I had eye test and ears and throat. Took top off and sat on the bed, examined heartbeat and breathing. She examined my genital area but was just to check for a hernia so she got me too cough and she just looked - 10 seconds later all done.

She then told me that she needed a letter from my GP about my depression. Told me that my results / records would get forwarded on to the embassy once they had the letter back from my doctor. She then advised me to wait in the waiting room to see the nurse about the vaccinations.

I was expecting to have to have all the vaccinations having not had any proof of any but got called into reception to pay and they have put waivers down for the visa as most are age inappropriate and the other 2 they put that medical reasons as to not have them. I'm guessing that this will do and I won't need to have any in the future? So all in all my appointment lasted about 45 minutes give or take.

I went to my doctor this morning for the letter which the receptionist said my doctor was on holiday for a week so I just said to use another one, can't see this being a problem. Got charged £30 for the privilege, she advised that depending on how busy the doctor was, depends on how long it takes but could be up to 2 weeks. I stressed how urgent it was and she said she couldn't guarantee anything but could be this week sometime.

I will collect the letter as soon as they call me and scan it and email it myself. Hopefully won't be that long a delay. It's not the end of the world but obviously I just want the visa in my hand asap to progress my life so I can be with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.