Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

What a bummer the xray being broken. Not the first time I've seen stories of that machine being bust on here. You'd think with the stupid high fee they charge us, they could buy a new one. wink.png

they should be able to buy 10 new ones!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Just want to check - would a sprained ankle have any adverse impact on the medical? It may be healed by then, but it's been hurting a lot all week since I rushed around to pick my fiance up at the start of the week.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Just want to check - would a sprained ankle have any adverse impact on the medical? It may be healed by then, but it's been hurting a lot all week since I rushed around to pick my fiance up at the start of the week.

Shouldn't do. When you're in the medical, you'll lie on the bed and you'll likely have your legs lifted up and down and such and bent about, so if you're at all sore then, they may notice and ask you about it. I don't recall having my ankles rolled or anything though as a flex test.

I have a hip condition, and ended up having to traipse across her office to prove I didn't have a weird limp or anything when she found I couldn't bend my right hip to a normal degree. ;) That didn't cause issues.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Yeah, this is kind of why I was asking about whether anyone had any clue if they'd ask questions about the gastric band I've had fitted and all of that - might show up on the x-ray or something. But either way I have the ID card for it and all that so when it does come to my turn for the medical and I go through this, it shouldn't be an issue. Could be a first for the VJ UK forums though. :P

"What's yours is mine!"

Yeah, this is kind of why I was asking about whether anyone had any clue if they'd ask questions about the gastric band I've had fitted and all of that - might show up on the x-ray or something. But either way I have the ID card for it and all that so when it does come to my turn for the medical and I go through this, it shouldn't be an issue. Could be a first for the VJ UK forums though. tongue.png

Wow that is definitely the first i have read about anyone with a gastric band! Awesome :)

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Yeah, this is kind of why I was asking about whether anyone had any clue if they'd ask questions about the gastric band I've had fitted and all of that - might show up on the x-ray or something. But either way I have the ID card for it and all that so when it does come to my turn for the medical and I go through this, it shouldn't be an issue. Could be a first for the VJ UK forums though. tongue.png

oh wow great question I had gastric bypass myself but I'm a USC. I don't think its an issue. Just make sure you find a doctor here in the US for checkups.

No, I don't reckon it will be (in more ways than one). First off I'll make sure any new Doctor in the US knows I've got it fitted (hence the ID card) and also it's not going to be an issue for flying unless I've had it adjusted within the 48 hours before my flight. Had the band purely because if I had the bypass I'd have had to deal with the injections and all, and something tells me they wouldn't be covered under insurance as a pre-existing. But that's another story.

"What's yours is mine!"

No, I don't reckon it will be (in more ways than one). First off I'll make sure any new Doctor in the US knows I've got it fitted (hence the ID card) and also it's not going to be an issue for flying unless I've had it adjusted within the 48 hours before my flight. Had the band purely because if I had the bypass I'd have had to deal with the injections and all, and something tells me they wouldn't be covered under insurance as a pre-existing. But that's another story.

aww bless i can imagin there is a long story. i hope all works out well for you :) i had a card a while ago to take with me if i went out to eat and such but misplaced it. which injections are you refering to? i only have to take b12 once a month for injections, use to not mind them but now that i lost so much weight i can feel the needle going in haha :P

aww bless i can imagin there is a long story. i hope all works out well for you smile.png i had a card a while ago to take with me if i went out to eat and such but misplaced it. which injections are you refering to? i only have to take b12 once a month for injections, use to not mind them but now that i lost so much weight i can feel the needle going in haha tongue.png

Bingo, the B12 injections. My worry was that if I had the bypass over the band, when I move over to the States in the next few months and would need said B12 injections every month (or 3 months), I wouldn't be able to get them without forking over a lot of money because it may count as a pre-existing condition on Amy's insurance (or my own as the case may be).

Either way, hopefully before I leave I'll have had a couple of band fills and I'll be a lot smaller within the next couple of years.

"What's yours is mine!"

Shouldn't do. When you're in the medical, you'll lie on the bed and you'll likely have your legs lifted up and down and such and bent about, so if you're at all sore then, they may notice and ask you about it. I don't recall having my ankles rolled or anything though as a flex test.

I have a hip condition, and ended up having to traipse across her office to prove I didn't have a weird limp or anything when she found I couldn't bend my right hip to a normal degree. wink.png That didn't cause issues.

Thanks for the response. I hope not as it's a right pain for this to pop up a week or two before my medical. Does anyone else have any experience of having an injured ankle going to the medical? I'm debating seeing a doctor for it as it will cause a lot of hassle and all they will do is wrap it up and immobilize it anyway, so I was hoping to just let it take care of itself.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Does anyone else have any experience of having an injured ankle going to the medical?

Let's get logical a minute. Ankles are not on the list of reasons for medical inadmissability to the US. You could get visa, even with no ankles or legs. Your ankle will not alter your blood test for STDs. It will not cloud your x-ray so they can't check for TB. It has nothing to do with mental health or addictions. What do you think would cause you to have a Class A medical condition because your ankle hurts? It is temporary. If you can't physically walk to the medical from the tube, then get some treatment, an orthopedic boot, and some crutches.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Let's get logical a minute. Ankles are not on the list of reasons for medical inadmissability to the US. You could get visa, even with no ankles or legs. Your ankle will not alter your blood test for STDs. It will not cloud your x-ray so they can't check for TB. It has nothing to do with mental health or addictions. What do you think would cause you to have a Class A medical condition because your ankle hurts? It is temporary. If you can't physically walk to the medical from the tube, then get some treatment, an orthopedic boot, and some crutches.

I thought so, I just never know what they could fuss about when I actually get there like what lost said above. Perhaps thinking I have an underlying disability or something; but I'm pretty much consigned to just going and hobbling along. I can walk on it. I once went scuba diving in Sharm El Sheikh thinking I had a sprained ankle and it turned out when I got back to the UK, I'd broken my foot/leg in two places and it was the size of a football and black. As soon as the nurse saw it in the hospital, she rushed to get me a wheelchair and couldn't believe I'd walked, let alone scuba dived on it, saying "I must have a very high pain threshold" and "it'd be a story to tell the kids".. XD.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

To be honest with having gastric I had the option taking B12 every day the rest of my life (under my tongue) or just take a shot once a month..I guess me being lazy I opt for the shot :P of course I give them to myself tho. I had insurance when I had the surgery but they didn't cover the b12 and now that I still have no insurance I pay out of pocket and my B12 for 3 months costs me $12.00 and that's through a walmart pharmacy which isn't bad at all. I just call my surgeon and tell him I need a perspiration for a refill every so many months. But to help you. You can always go to a small doc in a box and tell them about the surgery and ask about b12 they shouldn't have any issues with a perspiration.

Bingo, the B12 injections. My worry was that if I had the bypass over the band, when I move over to the States in the next few months and would need said B12 injections every month (or 3 months), I wouldn't be able to get them without forking over a lot of money because it may count as a pre-existing condition on Amy's insurance (or my own as the case may be).

Either way, hopefully before I leave I'll have had a couple of band fills and I'll be a lot smaller within the next couple of years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have a question about pricing:

Would it be cheaper to get the vaccinations done somewhere else? If you do get them somewhere else, how do you prove you have them when it comes to AOS? Do you ask your local doctor's for a vaccination record or something?

I saw someone here say there were charged £40 for a urine test! :o

Do they only take a urine test if you give them a reason to (ie having some sort of record, or admitting to drug use/alcoholism on the questionnaire) or will they request it at random? I'm early 20s, so perhaps they'd profile me haha :P. It does concern me a bit though, because my dad only agreed to pay for the medical, and I might find myself literally unable to pay for a urine test as well if it comes to that...

I have a question about pricing:

Would it be cheaper to get the vaccinations done somewhere else? If you do get them somewhere else, how do you prove you have them when it comes to AOS? Do you ask your local doctor's for a vaccination record or something?

I saw someone here say there were charged £40 for a urine test! :o

Do they only take a urine test if you give them a reason to (ie having some sort of record, or admitting to drug use/alcoholism on the questionnaire) or will they request it at random? I'm early 20s, so perhaps they'd profile me haha :P. It does concern me a bit though, because my dad only agreed to pay for the medical, and I might find myself literally unable to pay for a urine test as well if it comes to that...

Read the first post in this thread here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

It talks about immunizations so I don't have to repeat that.

The urine test is if you may be suspect for drug use. It is not usual to have one. It is not random.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.