Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Craigy's (fiance's) Medical Experience, pt 1 (so cute I had to post, made me smile) :luv:

Loved the review. Made me laugh.

Shame about the blood preasure issue-I've heard of them letting people off about that one, so it's not something I worried about when I had mine (though I should have, since my BP is often all over the place-strangely enough though, not the day of my medical, fortunately).

Still, one step (almost!) down for you. Hopefully once the blood preasure report is sent on, that'll be that taken care of.

Edited by FrostyMist

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Really nice review!

Ive got mine in about 13 hours time... and its snowing like hell with weather warnings for london. Will write a review once ive been there, if I can plough through all the snow in the morning!

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline
Really nice review!

Ive got mine in about 13 hours time... and its snowing like hell with weather warnings for london. Will write a review once ive been there, if I can plough through all the snow in the morning!

Have a safe trip.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

Saw my GP today for a psychiatric analysis! Turns out I'm as normal as anyone can be, so he's faxing off his letter and I can finally pass this medical. Hurrah!

ROC Journey
2012-10-01: Paperwork Received
2012-12-03: Biometrics Appointment (Delayed twice)

2012-04-24: Approved

Timeline
Saw my GP today for a psychiatric analysis! Turns out I'm as normal as anyone can be, so he's faxing off his letter and I can finally pass this medical. Hurrah!

Congrats! :)

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Timeline

Excellent news, well done!

Ive just arrived back from my medical. I went to the ''Bentick mansions'' one. I must say I was a little nervous before going in.

After being buzzed in at the door I went to the counter and was asked to hand over my passport, passport pic and the medical questionare, She then handed me another questionare to fill out whilst I waited in the other room. About 5 mins later another person ushered me into another room and said that I required two shots (mmr + tetnus booster) but that I didn't have to have them now, just as long as I took them before the AOS - which was fine as she told me it would of been £60, whereas im sure my GP will do em for free.

Anyways, next off to see a guy who got me to remove my top and took my chest x-ray, all very easy to do. Once that was done it was off to see another doctor, this time female. She asked if I had chicken pox when I was younger which I said I wasn't sure.. so she told me to check with my GP to find that out, Said that I was overweight (well dur! :P) and if I had tried diets etc. I asked her with my ''BMI'' being classed as obese would this be a problem in obtaining the K1, she said no but it'll obviously put the cost of insurance and the like up. After asking a few more routine questions I took the old eye test, then was told to take off my top. After examining me it was down with the old trousers... yep two legs.. then underwear down... yep hot dog... then it was back on the table to take my blood pressure - yep all good. Then was the blood part, had a problem finding a vein but after a few minutes got one and bled me dry :P , that was the end, yippie!

The stuff all gets sent to the embassy within 4 days, and if theres anything wrong they'll let me know... so 4 days and counting!

Overall it was a very painless, and something I wish I hadn't of been so nervous about before hand. It raised a few questions for me so if anyone could answer them i'd appreciate it! Ive made a appointment with my GP for next wednesday to get my shots done, and get him to endorse my passport pic + forms for the police certificate :D

Do I need to get a letter or form from my GP stating that ive had chicken pox, do they even ask for it at a later date?

Will me being overweight effect the outcome of the K1 decision? (im 6'4 150kg / 23 ish stone)

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Do I need to get a letter or form from my GP stating that ive had chicken pox, do they even ask for it at a later date?

Will me being overweight effect the outcome of the K1 decision? (im 6'4 150kg / 23 ish stone)

Did they ask you about having had it as a kid, if so and you replied that you did have it, they'll note that you've had it so don't need vaccination.

And nope, I jolly well hope not with the weight thing!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Huh. I'm quite a bit overweight, but they didn't say a word to me about that one.

I don't see how it could prevent someone getting a k1 though, unless perhaps it caused some sort of medical condition that made them inelegible somehow.

Timeline

Did they ask you about having had it as a kid, if so and you replied that you did have it, they'll note that you've had it so don't need vaccination.

Yes, I just said I think I did.. but wasn't sure. I asked my mother when I got back home and she said that ive had chicken pox, mumps and measles when I was little. Im not sure whether or not the doctor put down that I need it or not, just to ask my GP when I see him about the other two shots I need. Do I need to obtain another vaccination record and or some kind of evidence to say ive already had the pox from my GP when I see him?

The weight thing did seem a bit odd to me, just the fact that she was going on about it pretty much all throughout the examination and how she does yoga and all this kinda stuff she was recommending. Could of been just to make conversation while she was taking my blood. Ive never had any medical problems, never been to the hospital once!

Edited by Adrian+Mike

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yes, I just said I think I did.. but wasn't sure. I asked my mother when I got back home and she said that ive had chicken pox, mumps and measles when I was little. Im not sure whether or not the doctor put down that I need it or not, just to ask my GP when I see him about the other two shots I need. Do I need to obtain another vaccination record and or some kind of evidence to say ive already had the pox from my GP when I see him?

The weight thing did seem a bit odd to me, just the fact that she was going on about it pretty much all throughout the examination and how she does yoga and all this kinda stuff she was recommending. Could of been just to make conversation while she was taking my blood. Ive never had any medical problems, never been to the hospital once!

Just looking at this from a different angle, you may be aware that the US is going under major health care reform right now (or trying to). Companies are having to pass down expenses to employees and have them pay more out of their paychecks to afford quality healthcare. Therefore many are offering programs to their employees to lose weight or quit smoking to reduce future expense. Even though you may be healthy, it is suggested that there may be longer term problems with high blood pressure, heart attack, etc that could take place. This may go back to the whole managing the expense burden that the USC shows on the I-134 form (whatever it is?). There are many people here without insurance and if anything did happen, taxpayers/hospitals/etc have to eat the cost. Or, she could just be making conversation. :)

Timeline

The doctor I had during my medical was quite chatty. Many of the things she talked about could easily have been relevant to the k1 application, or they could just have been idle chatter. It's difficult to tell, and sometimes the uncertainty is a bit unnerving. I'm sure it'll be okay, but I know I'd have been worried if they'd have gone on at me about my weight.

Regarding the chicken pox: Well, I'm sure someone can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that the reason they ask is because if you've had it already, they can sign off on the vaccination form and you don't need to worry about getting the vaccination for AoS. Since you've had your medical now, I don't think you can do much about them not having signed you off on the form as having had chicken pox, but I would maybe try to get some sort of written proof from your doctor to confirm that you had the illness when you were younger. People who have had chicken pox don't need to be vaccinated. When you get to AoS, you'll need to see a civil surgen to sign off to say you've had chicken pox, and also update any other immunizations you've had (or will need for AoS) since the medical.

Edited by FrostyMist

Timeline

Just looking at this from a different angle, you may be aware that the US is going under major health care reform right now (or trying to). Companies are having to pass down expenses to employees and have them pay more out of their paychecks to afford quality healthcare. Therefore many are offering programs to their employees to lose weight or quit smoking to reduce future expense. Even though you may be healthy, it is suggested that there may be longer term problems with high blood pressure, heart attack, etc that could take place. This may go back to the whole managing the expense burden that the USC shows on the I-134 form (whatever it is?). There are many people here without insurance and if anything did happen, taxpayers/hospitals/etc have to eat the cost. Or, she could just be making conversation. :)

Sure, I don't see how that would be a problem in our case though as she more than meets the requirements of the poverty line and intend to have her put me on her health insurance once im there.

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline
The doctor I had during my medical was quite chatty. Many of the things she talked about could easily have been relevant to the k1 application, or they could just have been idle chatter. It's difficult to tell, and sometimes the uncertainty is a bit unnerving. I'm sure it'll be okay, but I know I'd have been worried if they'd have gone on at me about my weight.

Regarding the chicken pox: Well, I'm sure someone can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that the reason they ask is because if you've had it already, they can sign off on the vaccination form and you don't need to worry about getting the vaccination for AoS. Since you've had your medical now, I don't think you can do much about them not having signed you off on the form as having had chicken pox, but I would maybe try to get some sort of written proof from your doctor to confirm that you had the illness when you were younger. People who have had chicken pox don't need to be vaccinated. When you get to AoS, you'll need to see a civil surgen to sign off to say you've had chicken pox, and also update any other immunizations you've had (or will need for AoS) since the medical.

Thanks for clearing that up. I just want to be prepared just incase they do need some kind of evidence, guess its just best to just ask my GP next week when I see him. Im sure the weight thing was just idle chatter.. I mean can they really deny someone with a weight issue.. surely thats discrimination? Hell.. I don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs.. its my only vice! lol

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

event.png

event.png

event.png

I've got my medical tomorrow. Will give you all my review tomorrow or the following day. Feeling a bit nervous but I have my Rusty here with me to look after me now. We're having a look round London for the rest of the day aswell, so that will be awesome! Wish me luck peeps! :huh:

Part Two....

So Kim request the following, Passport, questionnaire, pictures, I hand

them over while keeping complete eye contact (just to clarify my eye's

remained focused) , she politely smiles and instructs me to wait in the

near by waiting room, great ceiling in there plastered in coving very

Edwardian, anyway I wait then Kim is back with another questionnaire which

is the same as the first but formatted differently, quick test see if I

can write me thinks (sneaky) so I apply the same answers and pass it back.

Minutes pass by and another woman calls my name, right game on I think as i

follow her to a small medical room but "computer says no" she is the jab

woman, she has a copy of my jabs and states I'm covered no others required

but I could have MNR for £35.00, i pause with a thoughtful look upon my

face then say "No" she looks disappointed but directs me to another room

for a chest x ray, 2 minutes later task complete I'm back in the waiting

room .

"Mr Craig!" I hear the voice, turn quickly and there is the doctor, shock!

horror! holly molly it's a woman, panic I wasn't expecting that but I follow her into another office.

Few questioned followed, fairly standard, am I mentally disturbed, do I

smoke, no mention of alcohol which saved me lie'ing direct to her face,

hopped on to the weighing scales, I notice a slight frown as she jots the

number down, quick eye test which I just squeezed through and a received a

ticking off for not going the opticians every year and before you know it

my pants are round my ankles then there back up my shirt is off and she's

tapping me on my back, ok mr craig just need some blood and a blood

pressure test and were done, I look at my watch , total time of stay

32mins, blood came out nice and easy one more step and I'm homeward , hummm

stumbling block, my blood pressure is high 154 / 102, I tried to explain

6hrs travel, 4 coffees on the train and a red bull prob wasn't helping the

matter but she wasn't having it, I'm packed back to the waiting room, I

wait awhile Kim calls me back over the hatch then hits me for a quick

£190.00 closely followed by a letter for my Doctor, which states" Mr Craig

blood pressure is high monitor him for two days then fax down a plan of

action " great thank you for nothing, I've now seen my Doctor and I have to

go twice a day for blood pressure tests till Friday, oh happy days!

Hi guys!! Great review, mine is tomorrow! Eeek! Can I just ask, when they asked you to have the MMR, did you 'have' to have it or not? I just ask cos when I visited my nurse at my doctors and she gave me my vaccine history, even though I've had the MMR when I was a baby she said I may need it again. Is this true? Will I have to pay for it again?

Many thanks,

Rachel & Russ

:yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.