kellyc

What do Packet 3 and Packet 4 include?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I have to make sure that all my ducks are in a row now so that, Lord willing, in a month or bit longer I will be able to quickly respond with all my paperwork immediately. I can not find anything anywhere that talks about the forms and paperwork that are included with a Packet 3 and Packet 4. I'm not even sure who gets what packet! If you have any example forms or a place where I could get a list of what I will need to respond to the packet that I will be receiving, please send it to me.

I read in a response by another member that I can download a packet ahead of time through the embassy so that my fiance can be prepared with the paperwork already. Is this the case, and does that help to make things go more quickly?

My fiance and I have not seen each other since applying for the visa nor will we see each other again until after our visa is approved :crying: Neither one of us has an opportunity between now and then to make a trip either direction. So my question is, with many people saying that they take more up-to-date pictures to the interview and we won't have any more recent pictures other than what I sent in with the I-129, is that going to be a problem? We will have plenty of proof of E-mails and phone calls, packages with stamps, engagement ring receipt, etc.

Thanks so much for all the help !

There is a time for everything....all in God's time.

3-11-06: Met online

4-4-07: Engaged:)

5-31-07: K-1 package mailed

6-5-07: Signature of receipt at TSC

6-12-07: NOA1 notice mailed from CSC

6-15-07: Check clears bank

6-16-07: Bank shows that check has been cashed.

6-18-07: Obtained receipt number off the back of the check and registered on the USCIS site

6-18-07: USCIS portfolio states packet received at CSC on June 12 and notice has been mailed

7-12-07: Touch due to phone call to USCIS

7-16-07: Received NOA1 hardcopy

9-25-07: Called USCIS

9-26-07: Touch-probably due to phone call yesterday

10-29-07: NOA2!!

10-30-07: Touch

10-31-07: Touch

11-1-07: Touch

11-11-07: Touch

12-28-07: Medical

2-19-08: Interview date- Passed!

4-26-08: US entry in Dallas, Texas

5-17-08: Wedding date--Finally Married!

3dflagsdotcom_safri_2fawm.gifJonathan and Kelly 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have to make sure that all my ducks are in a row now so that, Lord willing, in a month or bit longer I will be able to quickly respond with all my paperwork immediately. I can not find anything anywhere that talks about the forms and paperwork that are included with a Packet 3 and Packet 4. I'm not even sure who gets what packet! If you have any example forms or a place where I could get a list of what I will need to respond to the packet that I will be receiving, please send it to me.

I read in a response by another member that I can download a packet ahead of time through the embassy so that my fiance can be prepared with the paperwork already. Is this the case, and does that help to make things go more quickly?

My fiance and I have not seen each other since applying for the visa nor will we see each other again until after our visa is approved :crying: Neither one of us has an opportunity between now and then to make a trip either direction. So my question is, with many people saying that they take more up-to-date pictures to the interview and we won't have any more recent pictures other than what I sent in with the I-129, is that going to be a problem? We will have plenty of proof of E-mails and phone calls, packages with stamps, engagement ring receipt, etc.

Thanks so much for all the help !

A lot depends on the Embassy. Some do have them for download, some not. Some will send the packets, and then others do both. Read the US Embassy website's information. I would assume they will have their procedure well outlined for you.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.