12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok my man got his police cert-

2 fines paid for drunk and disorderly conduct and one for litter(don't ask).

I don't think a waiver will be necessary for these minor offenses. Also it does not state anywhere on the cert that there are "convictions" of any kind.

Hopefully he will be ok(these were all over 4 yrs ago).

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Were they a long time ago? Even if no waiver is required they might well grill him a little about them. Could be worth thinking about the kind of questions they may ask him about them and thinking of some answers in advance, and most of all stay calm and collected.

Randomly matched up by a computer as penpals at eleven years old in French Language class (1988)

Letters/Emails/Phonecalls continue for the next 16 years.

Kerri Visits England for a month 25/05/04

We get engaged following a wonderful weekend trip to Brussels as a birthday treat for Kerri.

K1 Petition Received by Nebraska 17/07/04

[10/01/05 Interview in London. Success - K1 Visa Aproved!

28/01/05 Kerri & I get married!!

20/04/05 Mail out AOS & EAD forms 1 day before due!!

07/07/05 EAD Received but returned for incorrect DOB!!

31/08/05 Hurricane Katrina Rolls into New Orleans, we pack up and evacuate to Cordova TNcolor]

25/11/05 Corrected EAD finally received after being mailed to New Orleans the day after Katrina

20/12/05 AOS Approved without interview after transfer to California.

28/04/06 I head back to England for 3 to 4 months whilst my wife completes a training shcool.

07/05/05 Things are looking up!! I get a well paid job. Ive started my driving lessons1

29/05/06 My Wife tells me she is not ready to be married and wants a divorce.

18/06/05 My wife officially starts divorce proceedings.

Timeline
Were they a long time ago? Even if no waiver is required they might well grill him a little about them. Could be worth thinking about the kind of questions they may ask him about them and thinking of some answers in advance, and most of all stay calm and collected.

He will be prepared for anything-hopefully they won't give him a really hard time about it.

Edited by irishgirl73

good to hear Irish :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Hope all is well Irish, good to hear :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Glad to hear! :thumbs: Has he posted all the stuff to the Embassy yet?

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline
Glad to hear! :thumbs: Has he posted all the stuff to the Embassy yet?

He hasn't rec'd packet three yet :angry:

The letter that was waiting for him was the police cert-I assumed it was the info from the embassy. I have to ring them tomorrow and see what the story is. They told me last week that it was rec'd there 3/19 so I don't know why he doesn't have it yet. I explained that I wanted to attend the interview and since I am starting a new job(started today), that I can only be there the first week of May-she said "no problem" tell your finace to write a little note and we will do our best. Which is good news-but where the hell is packet #3????????

he is going for his medical in 2 weeks-maybe I will get good news tomorrow.

hey Irish, good luck on the Medical!!

The embassy recived ours about 2 weeks ago now, we got packate 3 and ive booked the medical.... YOU will be soon!!!!!!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Timeline
Well i was waiting to see you post about the police report. Good to see that it's just 'running about' stuff.......

Let us know how the new jobs goes, okay?

The job is ok.............it is always awkward starting out somewhere new :huh: , but I am hopeful that I made the right move. Thanks for thinking of me Rebecca.

hey Irish, good luck on the Medical!!

The embassy recived ours about 2 weeks ago now, we got packate 3 and ive booked the medical.... YOU will be soon!!!!!!

Actually he got packet 3 today :dance: I had called the embassy today to see what the hold up was & they said "if he has all the forms send in the ds-230 Pt I and II, with a little note and we will set up his interview", Gav sent me a text telling me he had rec'd it. Of course after I had called & wrecked their heads.

So he is going to send it back in right away(with a note explaining that I will be there the first week of May and would they possibly set his interview for that week?) The woman at the embassy told me she would do her best to accomodate us!!

Can't wait to see him-Lizzy keep me posted!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.