neiks

I thought I was going to melt.

38 posts in this topic

I just got back from vacation at the brother-in-laws. They live in Charlotte and then we headed down to South Carolina to a beach house. Nice time to be there in the middle of a heat wave. At the resort they actually closed the golf course at noon b/c the heat index was 120 F degrees. When we got back to Charlotte the temp was reading 106 F. I have never been so glad to be back in NoDak and a breezy 65 F. Oh, and to top it all off we found out that the day we were leaving that there was 2 shark attacks in the area. I guess it could have been worse and been in the middle of a hurricane. lol :wacko:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

My darling!!! I am jealous!!! Being Mexican, the Canadian weather is not my fave thing - so I could do with more sun and sweat, he he.

Baby looks ADORABLE -and mind you, neither Bren or I are kid crazy, so this is a sincere compliment!!! You guys outdid yourselves with that little one!!!

Best, L.

p.s. where do you live anyways? I am lost.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad I'm won't be going till October (hopefully, real positive attitude here :lol: )

Jim says this way I'll get aclimatized before next summer comes around. yeah okay :blink:

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hate hot weather,lol!!! Just chill inside with AC on! One reason why I loved Victoria never got super hot!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

August is the hottest month in New Orleans. Most of my time has been indoors lately- except to go out and water plants or smoke. 1 minute outside and you break a sweat here, it's horrible.

Last night we went to a Zephyrs baseball game. I was dreading going and being out there. It was so hot and there was no breeze. At least we were in a shady spot- that helped a bit until the sun went down. Zephyrs won and the fireworks they had after were incredible. The fireworks alone made it worth it :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, you do acclimatize:-). When I left Canada in early May 2004 we were wearing jackets and the temperature was in the low 50s. When we arrived in Atlanta 2 days later the temperature was 94 and I thanked God for air conditioning (VBG)! We have had several 100 plus days here with the humidex up into the 111 plus range this year. The humidity normally sets in late May, early June and lasts until the end of August (although with our drought conditions this year it didn't set in until the end of July!). There are days when the temperature and the humidity are both in the 90s. Interestingly, though, it often cools down overnight. It is normal to have a 35 degree shift in temperature between day and overnight in both summer and winter. During the Spring and Fall - which are extended times here, not the short quick bursts of colour that you get in Canada - the temperatures are wonderful - like the best summer day you could ever want with low humidity. Even Winter - I am not a Winter person - is wonderful! It does get below freezing some nights but it almost always rises up to the 40s/50s or even 60s during the day. I gave away my winter coats when I left Canada and have not needed more than a light jacket ever since even on the coldest days. Yes, you definitely do acclimatize - but make sure you have air conditioning at home - you will need it.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup...my darling Joel has acclimated rather well. Neither of us likes the heat and humidity, and we are constantly grateful to the person who invented A/C! I can't get out in this intense heat as it plays havoc with my asthma. Joel likes to sweat since he thinks it's making him lose weight. :D Oh if only!

Even here in the mountains, where many think it should be cooler, we have temps upwards to 103F. I can only imagine what the temps are like further south. :wacko:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Another scorcher today. It was officially 100F at around 5:30pm. Which means it won't be cooling off anytime soon. LOL, I need a melting smilie. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

. . . and the weather is supposed to be more of the same for the rest of this week as well- including even hotter on Wednesday and Thursday (great - I have to work Wednesday, and work means wearing the 7 layers of Civil War costumes including corset and hoops - talk about hot!!). There is still no rain in sight - the drought continues and the plants in the garden are getting very stressed because it is difficult to water with the water restrictions in place. Summer, yep - you acclimatize, but it doesn't mean you necessarily have to like it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure has been hot in the South.

I am in South East Alabama and it has been in the l00's the last week.

Too hot

Glad my workplace has great AC :thumbs:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Im only in Illinois, not that much south, and being always around 90-95 F with the humidity I can barely stay outside. I thought I would have a nice 4 months of summer vacation and I've spent most of it inside with the A/C.... :devil:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

Neiks -- I have two words: air conditioning. Seriously. If we didn't have central heat/air in our house, I'd be moving back to Canada. I hate the hot weather, we miss the joy of most of the summer when you move from a/c house to a/c car (which you have to sit lightly in for the first ten minutes because the steering wheel is so hot you can make handprints in it) to a/c wherever you are going. You can't have any fun outside when all it takes is 20 minutes to get heatstroke.

Ok, maybe I am being a bit of a drama queen, but it is horrible!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

I'm still wearing light sweaters even though its in the 100's. Of course anything below 75 degrees and I start to freeze. I used to hike all over Arizona in the middle of summer with my jeans on and my black shirt so the heat is nothing, it's just the cold that I can't handle either. I do run my A/C in both the cars for about 5 mins every year just to circulate them. Never once felt the need to use them no matter where or what desert I'm driving through. I'm just dreading the fact my most hated season is comming up, Fall. Ewwwww, time to get my winter jacket out soon...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I talked to my friends in Canada over the weekend and they were talking about wearing socks to bed. I'm so jealous.

We've been near or over 100 for weeks now with the heat index at dangerous levels. People have died here recently from it.

I will never be so happy to see fall and winter!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.