Vann

QUESTION ABOUT I-134 Affidavit of Support

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance has her interview this Sept. 6 and recently received her information packet. One of the items it requested she needed to have present with her at her interview was the I-134 Affidavit of support

I currently have it printed out and I'm working on it now but I have a few questions:

Do I need to include the first two pages which are just the instructions or do I just include the last two that are the actual form?

Also, Item 7 is set up like this: I am employed as or engaged in the business of ___________________ with ___________

(Type of Business) (Name of Concern)

What exactly is Item 7 asking me for? I'm confused. :/

Also, near the bottom of the page it says "I derive an annual income of:" and leaves me a blank space to fill in a dollar amount. Is it requesting for me to write down how much money I make in one year or in one month? I know it's a stupid question but I want to make sure everything is 100% clear on this form before I mail it to my fiance in two weeks.

Thanks in advance! :)

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My fiance has her interview this Sept. 6 and recently received her information packet. One of the items it requested she needed to have present with her at her interview was the I-134 Affidavit of support

I currently have it printed out and I'm working on it now but I have a few questions:

Do I need to include the first two pages which are just the instructions or do I just include the last two that are the actual form?

Also, Item 7 is set up like this: I am employed as or engaged in the business of ___________________ with ___________

Also, near the bottom of the page it says "I derive an annual income of:" and leaves me a blank space to fill in a dollar amount. Is it requesting for me to write down how much money I make in one year or in one month? I know it's a stupid question but I want to make sure everything is 100% clear on this form before I mail it to my fiance in two weeks.

Item 7 examples.

teaching school, Topeka School District or Appliance Sales, Maytag

The form asks for your annual income. Do the arithmetic and write down the number.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You dont need to include the instructions, those are for you to read before you start to fill out the form :)

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Timeline

Item 7 examples.

The form asks for your annual income. Do the arithmetic and write down the number.

Oh, so it's asking for the occupation and name of the place?

About the income--I was asking if it mattered if I put how much I'm currently earning monthly or do I need to put it down for yearly? The thing is--my yearly would have to be an estiment because I work two jobs with varying hours. Is it just asking for an estiment of monthly or yearly income?

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you go to "Example Forms" up top, they have a I-134 filled out that you can use as a good guide as to what to fill out.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Item 7 examples.

About the income--I was asking if it mattered if I put how much I'm currently earning monthly or do I need to put it down for yearly? The thing is--my yearly would have to be an estiment because I work two jobs with varying hours. Is it just asking for an estiment of monthly or yearly income?

If there is some part of "annual" you're not understanding, try a dictionary.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Item 7 examples.

yearly , and have the i 134 notorized , you also need a bank letter and paystubs and a letter from your employer , read the instructions carefully you have to prove to be over the poverty guideline , you also have to include the last 3 years of tax returns ( include copies dont send the originals )

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That was a bit harsh :(.

OP:

The first two pages are just instructions, those are only for you to use to help you fill the form out. You just need to mail in the form pages.

For 7 they want what you do in the first blank, and who pays you to do it in the second.

They want to know how much money you make in a year. Combine your yearly income from both jobs and include proof of both, like paystubs, a letter from your employers and tax return transcripts.

I'm about ready to fill out my I-134 and I've posted quite a few questions about it already. Try doing a forum search on it, you'll find tons of posts. Many of them are the same thing, but reading them might help you make sure everything is in order.

Good luck with the interview! :thumbs:

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Timeline

That was a bit harsh :(.

OP:

The first two pages are just instructions, those are only for you to use to help you fill the form out. You just need to mail in the form pages.

For 7 they want what you do in the first blank, and who pays you to do it in the second.

They want to know how much money you make in a year. Combine your yearly income from both jobs and include proof of both, like paystubs, a letter from your employers and tax return transcripts.

I'm about ready to fill out my I-134 and I've posted quite a few questions about it already. Try doing a forum search on it, you'll find tons of posts. Many of them are the same thing, but reading them might help you make sure everything is in order.

Good luck with the interview! :thumbs:

Thank you very much! This forum is full of some of the most pleasant people I've ever encountered on the internet and I certainly wasn't expecting unnecessary sarcasm from people. :/

Thank you for answering my questions and I feel much more assured! :)

As for the tax transcripts, I only started working two jobs a year and a half ago. Before that, I was only working in one low-paying job that was below the poverty level. I'm now quite a ways above the poverty level now with my two jobs. I will specify that in a letter when I send the forms.

Filed: Timeline

Vann,

Item 7: What is the name of the company that you work for? What does that company do - what type of product or service does it provide.

"Annual" means in 1 year ('monthly' means in 1 month).

Yodrak

Thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.