lovedolphins

Any recent approvals out of the Texas Service Center

693 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nothing like overpreparation, so her word for the day is "perspicacity" and her U.S. history lesson is Shay's Rebellion.

Does she have some kind of study guide?

Yep. His name is James. :P

Actually, I haven't given it much thought yet. There are a ton of resources around here given the huge immigrant population, so I don't imagine it will be a problem. At least finding the resources, that is.

Meh

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me, I'm looking at the N-400 instructions to make sure we're ready to file for naturalization in April. My wife has to do a bit of work for this one. Nothing like overpreparation, so her word for the day is "perspicacity" and her U.S. history lesson is Shay's Rebellion.

Yes, I think that is overpreparation :). I wonder how many in USCISC even know the meaning of that word ;)

But learning a new word each day is not a bad idea for everyone, not just immigrants. :)

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

At the risk of stating the obvious, USCIS service centers don't make much sense lately. A couple of weeks back they've switched to putting a timeframe as opposed to the date of the applications being processed. The instructions on their website clearly state: if we have a timeframe in the processing field that means we are processing applications within that timeframe or less (in the case of I-751, 6 months) and if we have a date - we are behind.

Both VSC and NSC must be behind (they have a date in the processing field) whereas TSC and CSC must be caught up (they have a timeframe in the processing field - 6 months). Yet, what we are seeing is that VSC works, NSC works slowly (but works nonetheless), CSC is on fire, and TSC, which has "6 months," has stopped working.

They contradict their own instructions but... and it's a strange feeling of helplessness... there is no one to complain to. All your polite questions are met with equally polite idiocy - such as "wait 45 days." My wife has suspended her quest for a new job (HR will understandably frown when they find out the GC has expired and has only been extended for one year), she can't apply for a visa anywhere, so we can't go on vacation, and just the bare fact that we had to pay that ridiculous sum of money for, essentially, nothing, makes it all nonsensical.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I plan to send TSC a letter once my 7 months are up. I don't know if it will help any.

USCIS used to have the address of the director of the TSC on their website, which was to be used for complaints (if I remember correctly).

yet this is gone now, or I cannot find it anymore. Anyone still got that info somewhere or can point me in the right direction?

Other then that I don't know what to do. Naturalization next year will probably resolve the I751 issue for me.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

How about a collective petition signed by those of us who've been waiting over 6 months. Should be around ten of us. Come up with a short petition and we will all sign it (not to speak on everyone's behalf). If more than five people sign it, I'll add my signature to it.

Dear USCIS Texas Service Center Director General:

We, the undersigned, have been waiting for some sort of response from the Texas Service Centre regarding our pending I-751 petitions for over 6 months, which, according to the timeline on your website, cannot be the case. We would like to respectfully request an update on the status of our petitions. The following are just some of the inconveniences caused by the delay: 1... 2... 3...

Cordially,

VisaJourney Forum Participants

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

mine hasn't either. Methinks it's a common theme for us.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

@James: thanks for the warm welcome to the round of losers - I feel right at home :dance:

Well, here is my recent encounter with the USCIS:

Bursting with enthusiasm after waking up too early this morning I decided to start my day by talking to the always friendly and informative people at the USCIS.... "if your case is outside the processing window please press 9, then 1, then 2, clap your hands the number of months you've been waiting for a reply and voila - we are right here at your service" - wow, that was easy, I actually got to speak to a real person (although a machine might have been smarter in this case, but oh well .. it's the thought that counts :thumbs: ).

Stating my concerns that it has been over 7 months since my NOA and I have not seen any activity on my application, I find myself trying to understand that "6 months" can mean soo many different things. Since it doesn't have a date for cases that are currently being processed, it is impossible to tell what "6 months" means and could be from any date, so I am told :blink: Well, I sure hope it isn't from Easter of 05 ... :bonk: Oh, and while we are one on one, I am also told the breaking news that apparently the different departments don't communicate very well and don't know what's going on. Duh, you think - I didn't know that yet, so I thought I better share that with you all! :secret:

Well, after wasting some more time discussing what "6 month" could actually refer to, I finally received a ~20 digit confirmation number for my inquiry that I am supposed to recite in a month if I have not heard anything by then ... :ranting: arrrrrgh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks, AC and Cassie for the information.

Well....I shall call USCIS, too and ask what 6 months means. Perhaps it means 6 months TO the time they touch our applications, from any date. In other words, they will always be telling us "six months from now we shall review your app."

I believe I might have gone delirious...

:wacko:

hahaha

Edited by lovedolphins

Timeline
Me, I'm looking at the N-400 instructions to make sure we're ready to file for naturalization in April. My wife has to do a bit of work for this one. Nothing like overpreparation, so her word for the day is "perspicacity" and her U.S. history lesson is Shay's Rebellion.

Yes, I think that is overpreparation :). I wonder how many in USCISC even know the meaning of that word ;)

But learning a new word each day is not a bad idea for everyone, not just immigrants. :)

My wife would beat me up if I really tried to make her learn a new word every day. I'm just there for her if she has questions about usage and vocabulary. Although she went to a bilingual secondary school in Colombia, unlike her sisters she did not go to college in the US but instead pursued her law degree in Colombia. So she has this fluent but funny English.

Meh

Timeline
just the bare fact that we had to pay that ridiculous sum of money for, essentially, nothing, makes it all nonsensical.

I hear that. Why not grant conditional residency for three years instead of two with the option of either pursuing a permanent card or citizenship after those three years? It would winnow out a lot of unnecessary I-751s. The I-751 is a real waste of money for those who plan to pursue naturalization.

Meh

Timeline
just the bare fact that we had to pay that ridiculous sum of money for, essentially, nothing, makes it all nonsensical.

I hear that. Why not grant conditional residency for three years instead of two with the option of either pursuing a permanent card or citizenship after those three years? It would winnow out a lot of unnecessary I-751s. The I-751 is a real waste of money for those who plan to pursue naturalization.

But James, a plan like that would make sense. ;)

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

Timeline

dohen2.gif Doh! I forgot who we're dealing with here . . . .

Meh

Timeline

aye ;)

aye ;)

Yo! :dance:

Wipfeld.jpg

zep_19579_010.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.