malego77

Why NOA1 didn´t arrive?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

[size="3"]My boyfriend sent our I-129F application on May 8th 2007. Since then we haven´t any news about an answer from imigration. We have the mail receipt and my husband called them. They said they sent us the NOA1 since May 14 but this notice didn´t arrive to my boyfriend address. Why this happen? When he called, he corroborated the address and it was Ok... We are worried about the content of this letter because I have read that sometimes imigration ask for more evidence. I´m not sure if in case of the RFE be necessary, it comes with the NOA1 or if they may ask for the RFE in another mail?

When we check our case on USCIS page this information do not change since 2-3 wk ago... The same happen when we check about the processing times on CSC...

What is happening? It´s a normal thing?

I thank you so much for the information you can bring me.[/size]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If they said they it was sent you should be ok. Also, you can call the 800 number and ask if there are any outstanding RFE's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are you doing a K-1 or K-3 visa? It says K-1 is what you are filing for. But then you referred to your "husband". Are you married to him? When I read that, I was thinking you need to be filing for a K-3 visa. Not a K-1. The K-1 visa is to bring your fiance(e) to the US to be married.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
[size="3"]My boyfriend sent our I-129F application on May 8th 2007. Since then we haven´t any news about an answer from imigration. We have the mail receipt and my husband called them. They said they sent us the NOA1 since May 14 but this notice didn´t arrive to my boyfriend address. Why this happen? When he called, he corroborated the address and it was Ok... We are worried about the content of this letter because I have read that sometimes imigration ask for more evidence. I´m not sure if in case of the RFE be necessary, it comes with the NOA1 or if they may ask for the RFE in another mail?

When we check our case on USCIS page this information do not change since 2-3 wk ago... The same happen when we check about the processing times on CSC...

I don't think your husband would be too thrilled about mail going to your boyfriend's address :P

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't think your husband would be too thrilled about mail going to your boyfriend's address :P

I didn't catch that. :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Timeline
Are you doing a K-1 or K-3 visa? It says K-1 is what you are filing for. But then you referred to your "husband". Are you married to him? When I read that, I was thinking you need to be filing for a K-3 visa. Not a K-1. The K-1 visa is to bring your fiance(e) to the US to be married.

Hi Joe, we´re filed for a k1 visa. I wrote "husband" because we live together but he isn´t my husband legally talking. So I have a boyfriend and a husband in the same person... hahahaha :whistle:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi Joe, we´re filed for a k1 visa. I wrote "husband" because we live together but he isn´t my husband legally talking. So I have a boyfriend and a husband in the same person... hahahaha :whistle:

It can be ha ha ha here but it is not a laughing matter with the immigration authorities. One of their favorite questions to ask the K1 applicant is anything about their husband. If the applicant fails to correct them and say, he is my fiance, not my husband, before answering the actual question, things have been known to go very badly.

If I were you, I would immediately get out of the habit of referring you your fiance as husband or boyfriend.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

It can be ha ha ha here but it is not a laughing matter with the immigration authorities. One of their favorite questions to ask the K1 applicant is anything about their husband. If the applicant fails to correct them and say, he is my fiance, not my husband, before answering the actual question, things have been known to go very badly.

If I were you, I would immediately get out of the habit of referring you your fiance as husband or boyfriend.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am trying it right now¡¡

Call the service center and ensure that they have your fiance's (he's not your husband, think fiance fiance fiance) address correct in their system. You don't need the NOA1 for anything -- we never received ours -- but it's good to make sure that they're not sending your mail to Outer Mongolia. Plus, then you can check on the status of your case.

Another thing you can do is ensure your name is labelled on the inside of your mailbox, especially if you live in an apartment building.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
Call the service center and ensure that they have your fiance's (he's not your husband, think fiance fiance fiance) address correct in their system. You don't need the NOA1 for anything -- we never received ours -- but it's good to make sure that they're not sending your mail to Outer Mongolia. Plus, then you can check on the status of your case.

Another thing you can do is ensure your name is labelled on the inside of your mailbox, especially if you live in an apartment building.

Hi caladan, My fiance called 3 wk ago and he corroborated the address already. The address was OK. So, it delay may be a CSC system problem. I am reading about these problems in this forum... But of course we continue checking the case on USCIS page.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.