ladywhite

Tax return -- extension

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

Again, it's about tax return but different from the exsiting posts.

My fiance is not a business owner and makes way above the 125% poverty line. He has W-2 for 2004, 2005, and 2006 and tax returns for 2003, 2004, and 2005. for 2006, he filed for an extension, therefore won't have 2006 tax return in time for me to show at my interview i expect to be scheduled next month.

I will have his W2 for 2004-6, which will show his income. I will have his tax returns for the three previous years (2003-4-5) and his current pay stubs. And I will have a letter from a Vice President of a U.S. corporation saying about his employment.

Will these things suffice? Will there be a problem about me not having his 2006 tax return?

Has anyone experienced a similar situation like this? Please advice. My fiance thinks i will be fine at the interview, but i 'm not so sure.

Thank you everybody who helps or shares with me.

(F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

My fiance is not a business owner and makes way above the 125% poverty line. He has W-2 for 2004, 2005, and 2006 and tax returns for 2003, 2004, and 2005. for 2006, he filed for an extension, therefore won't have 2006 tax return in time for me to show at my interview i expect to be scheduled next month.

I will have his W2 for 2004-6, which will show his income. I will have his tax returns for the three previous years (2003-4-5) and his current pay stubs. And I will have a letter from a Vice President of a U.S. corporation saying about his employment.

Will these things suffice? Will there be a problem about me not having his 2006 tax return?

Has anyone experienced a similar situation like this? Please advice. My fiance thinks i will be fine at the interview, but i 'm not so sure.

(F)

Probably so. When he filed the extension, he declared income and paid estimated taxes if needed. The extension forms could also be included.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

(F)

You may or may not be. This is such a consulate specific question that the only people who can really provide a definitive answer is the consulate itself.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I actually didn't even give my fiance any tax returns. It specifically says they are only needed if you are self employed, which I am not. I know I've seen where the interviewer has asked for them, but that just seems so strange to me when it doesn't even ask for them on the form!

All I provided was a letter from my employer, past 3 pay check stubs, letter from the bank, and last 6 months of bank statements, I think these will be fine. For me anyway, my last 3 years tax returns would look terrible since I was mostly travelling the world and working odd jobs here and there. :thumbs:

My Timeline

K-1 Process:

3/30/07 - NOA 1

6/25/07 - NOA 2

8/30/07 - Interview

9/13/07 - US arrival date

AOS Process:

10/5/07 - Married

10/19/07 - AOS application sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)

3/7/08 - Interview - APPROVED

3/17/08 - Greencard arrives

Removal of Conditions:

01/12/10 - Removal of Conditions package sent

01/19/10 - NOA 1

02/11/10 - Biometrics

03/16/10 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.