Marriednow

How many interviewers are there in Casa?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was just wondering how many people are there conducting interviews in Casa? I have heard of three: an African-American youngish woman, a blonde Caucasian woman, and a man of unknown identity (just trying to be politically correct, which is BS, but what the heck????) :whistle:

If I am reading correctly, seems the blonde one is the hardest to deal with????? Let's just hope they don't read these posts!!! lol

Any advice on dealing with any one of these folks? I am signing this "Anonymous" hee hee.....(like that is gonna help) :wacko:

And as for the post about jealousy, I met and passed by lots of different women in Morocco. Many passing by women seem to be giving me the "I loathe you" look. I am a very friendly person, just smiled at them. And there were lots of others who smiled back. My SO was taken aback by my openly friendliness, especially to the men, whom he advised me would look at me as a "hooker" if I was sooo friendly. He said, and I quote, "I have seen lots of American women, but not as friendly as you." Which he didn't see as a GOOD thing...lol I think on my first visit, I was the only white woman in Casa as this was during off tourist season, so I got lots of looks, yeah from men, smiles, whistles, air kisses, winks, etc. And in his small hometown, I must have been the town oddity. It seems we were always passing by the high schools when they let out and they would follow us--boys and girls. The girls were curious, the guys were giving me the once or twice over. And the little kids would follow along behind us. I smiled at them, they smiled back. I bought some of the kids around where he lived chalk and stuff--felt sorry for them cuz they had nothing to play with. Can't help that teacher in me coming out.

So I will throw out another stereotype, the friendly southerner, which I swear to God is true. I keep trying to explain this to my SO, but he just doesn't understand that women can be so open and friendly as to hug and kiss guys, other women, and sometimes strangers. But if you have ever been in the south, you will know this is true.

Anyway, his family was wonderful to me, so open and accepting (and not looking for money and help, thank you very much). When I approached the age thing with one of his sisters, she just kept saying, "No problem, no problem. We are happy for him." So I am going to believe my SO when he tells me that his family only wants him to be happy with whomever he falls in love with." And I am the lucky one!!!

AND, just for the record, my SO was never deceptive about the fact that he is poor, but wanted to find a life mate. AND when I tried to give him the business about being lots older, he says, "What is the problem? I like you, you like me and you don't look that old" His former gf was lots older than him too, so I am thinking he just likes older women. Also, his friends were super friendly to me, a little overly friendly, if you know what I mean. Several tried to email me "to talk." I think they were jealous as to the fact that they wanted a fiance/gf too, not necessarily from America or whatever. They were all looking for future wives cuz they all think marriage is the greatest thing in the world. Anyway, enough about all of this....just a few thoughts. AND also wanted to say, none of his friends and/orfamily think age and weight are defining factors about somebody's love.... :whistle:

Edited by dgintenn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was just wondering how many people are there conducting interviews in Casa? I have heard of three: an African-American youngish woman, a blonde Caucasian woman, and a man of unknown identity (just trying to be politically correct, which is BS, but what the heck????) :whistle:

If I am reading correctly, seems the blonde one is the hardest to deal with????? Let's just hope they don't read these posts!!! lol

Any advice on dealing with any one of these folks? I am signing this "Anonymous" hee hee.....(like that is gonna help) :wacko:

And as for the post about jealousy, I met and passed by lots of different women in Morocco. Many passing by women seem to be giving me the "I loathe you" look. I am a very friendly person, just smiled at them. And there were lots of others who smiled back. My SO was taken aback by my openly friendliness, especially to the men, whom he advised me would look at me as a "hooker" if I was sooo friendly. He said, and I quote, "I have seen lots of American women, but not as friendly as you." Which he didn't see as a GOOD thing...lol I think on my first visit, I was the only white woman in Casa as this was during off tourist season, so I got lots of looks, yeah from men, smiles, whistles, air kisses, winks, etc. And in his small hometown, I must have been the town oddity. It seems we were always passing by the high schools when they let out and they would follow us--boys and girls. The girls were curious, the guys were giving me the once or twice over. And the little kids would follow along behind us. I smiled at them, they smiled back. I bought some of the kids around where he lived chalk and stuff--felt sorry for them cuz they had nothing to play with. Can't help that teacher in me coming out.

So I will throw out another stereotype, the friendly southerner, which I swear to God is true. I keep trying to explain this to my SO, but he just doesn't understand that women can be so open and friendly as to hug and kiss guys, other women, and sometimes strangers. But if you have ever been in the south, you will know this is true.

Anyway, his family was wonderful to me, so open and accepting (and not looking for money and help, thank you very much). When I approached the age thing with one of his sisters, she just kept saying, "No problem, no problem. We are happy for him." So I am going to believe my SO when he tells me that his family only wants him to be happy with whomever he falls in love with." And I am the lucky one!!!

AND, just for the record, my SO was never deceptive about the fact that he is poor, but wanted to find a life mate. AND when I tried to give him the business about being lots older, he says, "What is the problem? I like you, you like me and you don't look that old" His former gf was lots older than him too, so I am thinking he just likes older women. Also, his friends were super friendly to me, a little overly friendly, if you know what I mean. Several tried to email me "to talk." I think they were jealous as to the fact that they wanted a fiance/gf too, not necessarily from America or whatever. They were all looking for future wives cuz they all think marriage is the greatest thing in the world. Anyway, enough about all of this....just a few thoughts. AND also wanted to say, none of his friends and/orfamily think age and weight are defining factors about somebody's love.... :whistle:

As I was reading all of this, I have been to Casa and Tangier and the men definitely look at you. They looked at me knowing I was an American. My hair color was brown streaked with henna and blonde. It looked good and the men would turn and look at me and I told my SO if someone looks at me again, I swear I will kiss you right here on the street. You know open affection is not allowed. I found that out when I got off the plane and kissed him in the cab.

The cab driver was furious. Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO WHAT? Everywhere we went, men and women would stare. His friends were glad we were together and I am 23 years older than him. His mother did ask him why did I want someone much older, well love has no age on it. But after they met me, they were wonderful to me. Good food at his home, good hospitality there and now they are excited for us. They even took to me as do the ritual of public bath house, where you are washed by girl family members and put henna on my hands before I returned to USA. I feel so good

about having them as my family now. AND I miss them all as I have not returned back yet. Too expensive right now.

We are now waiting for packet 3. So let everyone talk about our age, I know I don't care.

Sara El Malki

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:bonk: now u did it :whistle::lol:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Moroccan women, like French or Italian woman carry themselves with something of an aloof look normally. It's not a reflection on what they think of you. If you are grinning back at them, that' a very american thing to do and it does not translate into the culture the same way you think.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

some like to say its the blonde who is the "evil" one, but many have had her and have had no problems. There is also an Asian-american who has been tagged the evil one too....I have long suspected that cases are tagged before the interview and the more difficult cases are handled by one or two of the COs...maybe those with supervisory postions or a little seniority. So in other words, its nto the CO who will make it difficult on you...its your case.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

some like to say its the blonde who is the "evil" one, but many have had her and have had no problems. There is also an Asian-american who has been tagged the evil one too....I have long suspected that cases are tagged before the interview and the more difficult cases are handled by one or two of the COs...maybe those with supervisory postions or a little seniority. So in other words, its nto the CO who will make it difficult on you...its your case.

As much as I'd like to differ with MBP :P I'd have to agree it may well be the case that causes them to be harder on some. I have heard (you can read reviews in the consulate review section) that the blonde has been an evil witch with some, and was laughing and looking at pics with others. Maybe it's the day of the week; maybe it's the case, who knows. I have yet to hear anything good about the asian lady. I have heard that there is a nice african american guy. So there you have it. Three CO's...one is a mystery (afrian american or asian american...actually I saw her, and she was more african american now that I think about it.)

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.