thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so I was just typing out this whole big spiel about our experience at UCLA today and right in the middle of typing I must have hit something and it all disappeared :unsure: I really don't feel like typing it all out again :P ..lol

we were at UCLA for a follow-up on the surgery the hubby had over a year ago and to sum it up there was a little mix up and some wires were crossed but in the end everything got done and hubby is doing good.... and doesn't need to go for another check up until 2010...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Mom sent us gift certificates (one for me and one for my Husband) - and it was way too much, and I was thinking, why can't I just be happy and enjoy the gift?

Anyway, I am giving her money for Christmas :lol:

trailmix, I used to be the same way...until I just started giving up, and thinking about it differently, and now just count my blessings, and say, "thank you"! That goes with anything someone gives me, even if I don't reciprocate, I don't say, "you really shouldn't have...I wish you hadn't..." I just realize how thoughtful the person was and thank them!

ok so I was just typing out this whole big spiel about our experience at UCLA today and right in the middle of typing I must have hit something and it all disappeared :unsure: I really don't feel like typing it all out again :P ..lol

we were at UCLA for a follow-up on the surgery the hubby had over a year ago and to sum it up there was a little mix up and some wires were crossed but in the end everything got done and hubby is doing good.... and doesn't need to go for another check up until 2010...

So glad everything is alright now Marilyn! Hope the wires crossed didn't occur during the surgery though! :blink:

Good morning everyone! I have some luscious looking coffee this morning! Gene and I had such fun last night. We went to a 4 pm show, and we were the only ones in the theatre. I think that movie has run it's course, and people are waiting for the DVD, which went on sale yesterday. I'm so glad though that we went to the big screen to see it! Some movies you just have to see in a theatre. We went out for supper just across the street after, an Italian place, and had a lovely supper. The weather was horrible out...blowing, raining, very cold, but inside we were both warm with love. :luv:

Enjoy your day!

2004000274.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I may have another job, well, probably have another job but I am unsure about taking it. Its at the Reading Terminal Market in Philly as an assistant. The pay is way better and there isn't a bad thing I can say about it. My husbands design firm does all of their print and web design, so next time you see a sign you can say: "Hey Nevada's husband did that!" :P

Anyways I am very uncertain about it. Just because where I am is really nice and I love the people I work with and our members. I am a firm believer in happiness, and I am happy right now. Who says I won't be happy at this new job? Who knows. But I would rather live happy than live with regret.

Plus the thought of commuting into the city every day doesn't really appeal to me. We'll see where it goes.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:luv: Awe Carla glad to hear you had a great time.

It's pouring out there, and I don't have rubber boots.. I'm going to be drenched on the way to work today :crying:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds lovely Carla!

Yes, I came to that conclusion yesterday too, I talked to my Mom and I did say the - oh it's too much thing and then I said, thank you and I thought - just enjoy this. I'm a firm believer in just saying thank you as I dont want to spoil it for the other person (my Mom loves giving presents and seeing people enjoy their gift cards etc) - but it really was too much :lol:

Anyway, decided we are just going to enjoy :)

So, I may have another job, well, probably have another job but I am unsure about taking it. Its at the Reading Terminal Market in Philly as an assistant. The pay is way better and there isn't a bad thing I can say about it. My husbands design firm does all of their print and web design, so next time you see a sign you can say: "Hey Nevada's husband did that!" :P

Anyways I am very uncertain about it. Just because where I am is really nice and I love the people I work with and our members. I am a firm believer in happiness, and I am happy right now. Who says I won't be happy at this new job? Who knows. But I would rather live happy than live with regret.

Plus the thought of commuting into the city every day doesn't really appeal to me. We'll see where it goes.

Is this something you had applied for? If you were looking, then maybe you're not as happy as you think! :hehe: Everything isn't about money. If you enjoy your work where you are now, and you enjoy the people where you work, my advise (not that you asked for it!) would be to stay where you are.

So your present job is a communte to the city or the new one would be? That is an added bonus or negative in my mind as well.

Let us know your decision! Just be happy in what you do, that's the main thing.

carlahmsb4.gif

There is no deep reason for me posting this link. I have no beliefs around this theme at all. It's hilarious though. ;)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2077360/bewa...ouse_hilarious/

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

So last night my husband said I have "Become an American" because I'm so cold all the time and after all I'm supposed to be from hearty CDN stock!.. i've been freezing the past 3 days and two nights ago I couldn't sleep because it was FREEZING in our apt.

Hubby turns down the heat to 60 degrees at night and one of the windows in our bedroom must not have any insulation in the walls which creates this tremendous draft in the room, and because hubby has to sleep closest to the door :luv: in order to protect his bride (with what I have no idea I REFUSE to let him have a gun in the house).. I get all the draft at my back. I had EVERY blanket in the house on me the other night and i was STILL freezing.. :bonk:

We literally argued (like our very first argument EVER) about it for about 1/2 hr last night. He was making fun of me (something he never does).. and I said FINE!... and I put my pillow on his side of the bed and made him sleep on my side of the bed and said YOU SUFFER THEN! :lol:

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

There is no deep reason for me posting this link. I have no beliefs around this theme at all. It's hilarious though. ;)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2077360/bewa...ouse_hilarious/

Wow.

That made me feel anxious...for whatever reason.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Is this something you had applied for? If you were looking, then maybe you're not as happy as you think! :hehe: Everything isn't about money. If you enjoy your work where you are now, and you enjoy the people where you work, my advise (not that you asked for it!) would be to stay where you are.

So your present job is a communte to the city or the new one would be? That is an added bonus or negative in my mind as well.

Let us know your decision! Just be happy in what you do, that's the main thing.

The new one is a commute to the city my job now is an 11 minute drive from my house. With my Yaris I basically fill up once every 3 weeks. :D

I didn't look my husband looked for me as he is so eager on having me work with him in the city even though I have no desire to. He heard about it through his firm and told them he had someone and now they want me to come in and are "very excited" and blah blah.

My husband enjoys going into the city everyday, I on the other hand, have no real desire to commute into the concrete jungle myself.

My job now has perks, good pay, lunch is cooked for us every day, benefits are spectacular and members and coworkers are great. The atmosphere is really nice too. But maybe my husband is right in saying that I am not exactly where I should be here. But I am happy at this point in time.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My Mom sent us gift certificates (one for me and one for my Husband) - and it was way too much, and I was thinking, why can't I just be happy and enjoy the gift?

Anyway, I am giving her money for Christmas :lol:

trailmix, I used to be the same way...until I just started giving up, and thinking about it differently, and now just count my blessings, and say, "thank you"! That goes with anything someone gives me, even if I don't reciprocate, I don't say, "you really shouldn't have...I wish you hadn't..." I just realize how thoughtful the person was and thank them!

So glad everything is alright now Marilyn! Hope the wires crossed didn't occur during the surgery though! :blink:

Good morning everyone! I have some luscious looking coffee this morning! Gene and I had such fun last night. We went to a 4 pm show, and we were the only ones in the theatre. I think that movie has run it's course, and people are waiting for the DVD, which went on sale yesterday. I'm so glad though that we went to the big screen to see it! Some movies you just have to see in a theatre. We went out for supper just across the street after, an Italian place, and had a lovely supper. The weather was horrible out...blowing, raining, very cold, but inside we were both warm with love. :luv:

Enjoy your day!

2004000274.jpg

oh, sorry if I was unclear.. he didn't have surgery yesterday ..lol.. it was just a follow up to see how he was doing.. the mix up occurred because I wasn't told we needed to get the order for the blood work I just thought they would have sent it to the lab.. so we went to the doctor's office and there was a miscommunication and we thought we were told we were in the wrong place.. and then the lady I talked to hadn't told me the name of the doctor, (our other doctor retired earlier this year and this was the first time seeing the new doctor) but later we found out it was the right palce... anyways it all worked out in the end

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
So last night my husband said I have "Become an American" because I'm so cold all the time and after all I'm supposed to be from hearty CDN stock!.. i've been freezing the past 3 days and two nights ago I couldn't sleep because it was FREEZING in our apt.

Hubby turns down the heat to 60 degrees at night and one of the windows in our bedroom must not have any insulation in the walls which creates this tremendous draft in the room, and because hubby has to sleep closest to the door :luv: in order to protect his bride (with what I have no idea I REFUSE to let him have a gun in the house).. I get all the draft at my back. I had EVERY blanket in the house on me the other night and i was STILL freezing.. :bonk:

We literally argued (like our very first argument EVER) about it for about 1/2 hr last night. He was making fun of me (something he never does).. and I said FINE!... and I put my pillow on his side of the bed and made him sleep on my side of the bed and said YOU SUFFER THEN! :lol:

Our SO's are attached at the brain some how. Buddy was the same way. Heat doesnt have to be on when at night, he says. I swear we went through the EXACT same thing for a few days. I was wearing track pants and a sweater under the blankets. I even did the exact same thing about switching sides of the bed. We eventually put plastic on the windows to help with the insulation, as well, the overdressing at night was quite a hint to him when he tried to start a midnight romp but had to get through 3 layers :P. We compromised and its up to 64 in the night now.

He was the same with the gun issue, but I had made my stance on that before the first time I had even gone to Columbus. He got rid of the by the second time I came down, without letting me know though. Then one day it came up again we started to get into it again. After a while he just looked at me and laughed and said just kidding, I got rid of it for you. I thought that was sweet.

Edited by xtinab

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
He was the same with the gun issue, but I had made my stance on that before the first time I had even gone to Columbus. He got rid of the by the second time I came down, without letting me know though. Then one day it came up again we started to get into it again. After a while he just looked at me and laughed and said just kidding, I got rid of it for you. I thought that was sweet.

Oh the gun thing... This isn't just mine that's like this? He said to me one day "The second I turn 21, I'm getting my concealed carry license." I blinked and responded with "That's nice. If you're out with me or if you're in the house, it won't be on you. I don't have a problem with guns in the house, but they WILL be in a locked cabinet, ammunition removed, with a trigger lock and the ammo will be locked somewhere else." My Daddy's a hunter and this is the arrangement I've been raised with for having guns in the house. Anything else would make me supremely uncomfortable.

Kori got all upset "But I'll never have it when I neeeeeeed it."

I reiterated that I won't have loaded, readied weapons around me. Now he's having a minor hissy fit that I "won't let him" get his concealed carry and he's wanted it for years. I keep telling him "You can get it. I just don't want guns around me. I don't like the idea of them being around me. You can carry a gun on you any time I'm not right with you." But apparently, it's not the same. I think I've given a reasonable compromise.

*shrug* I'm sure it will keep being discussed.

In other news:

OMG I GET A KORI FOR MY BIRTHDAY! He bought his plane ticket last night. Yes, it's not until February, but we've been watching ticket prices and last night I found a ticket for 377, tax included, from Dallas to Toronto. He's gonna be here 8 days, from February 7 until February 15. My birthday's the 11, so I get him for my birthday AND Valentine's Day! I'm not usually a big Valentine's person, but I GET A KORI!!!! We weren't sure he was gonna be able to make it up.

I'm TOTALLY putting a bow on his head the second he gets off the plane and making my mother take pictures. (She has to drive me to Toronto, because I *hate* winter driving and I am not very good at navigation.) It shall be awesome.

March 13, 2009--Visa application handed to the post office.

March 16, 2009--Visa application received by Vermont Service Centre at 11:01 am. Let's hope that he actually put in everything he thought he did and they don't send it back to us!!

March 23, 2009--Got the whole package back. The cheque was apparently filled out incorrectly, thanks to the fact that his moronic flatmates helped him and instructed him wrong for the first cheque he ever filled out.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

September 1, 2009, received Package 1 from Montreal--but where is our NOA2???

Timeline
Our SO's are attached at the brain some how. Buddy was the same way. Heat doesnt have to be on when at night, he says. I swear we went through the EXACT same thing for a few days. I was wearing track pants and a sweater under the blankets. I even did the exact same thing about switching sides of the bed. We eventually put plastic on the windows to help with the insulation, as well, the overdressing at night was quite a hint to him when he tried to start a midnight romp but had to get through 3 layers :P. We compromised and its up to 64 in the night now.

:rofl: That's exactly what I said last night too.. no "loving" till the Spring time.. OR he needs to turn the heat up! :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

I know how both of you feel freezing all the time. Hubby got me an electric throw so i can stay warm, he even said we can look for an electric blanket for me to put on the bed too. When we first got here we were using the AC and I had to get him to turn the AC to 78 cause I would freeze to death in the summer. It would of been turned up higher if I could of but he would swet to death if I did. Now that the colder weather is here i'm freezing all the time too. He started off with the heat at 60 but the first time it got cold it was not good for me. I froze all night had trouble breathing cause when I get cold my asthma acks up so I didn't sleep either that night. He bumped it up to 65 and still I complained it was too cold. I tried it that way for a bit, but couldn't handle it. Now its at 70 still cold for me but slighty more tollerable.

He but he doesn't complain about me wanting the heat up to 70 althogh he may start if i try to get it up more then that. I think back in the SOO i had my temp up closer to 75 maybe 80. Much higher if i used the woodstove cause well I like the heat. I've heard a few comments but not from hubby, how this should still be warm weather for me cause i'm from Canada. Well no its not warm weather, and I did learn how to stay warm back home.

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.