thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, the best way to find out if something has HFCS is to read the label - they hide it in all unexpected places - including certain brands of milk! I was at the grocery store the other day getting milk and this woman turned to another and said "This is the best milk - I can always taste how much sweeter it is than any other". When they left, I went and looked at the label - yep, HFCS added. The milk also costs more than regular milk! I know that low-fat cream also has HFCS added. So, read the labels!

Here is a website another Canadian VJer posted a while back (sorry, I don't remember who so can't give credit where credit is due): http://www.stophfcs.com/list.html - it lists foods that don't have HFCS.

The Vitamin Shoppe is actually quite good. I go there for most of my vitamins and minerals and supplements. I too take a multi-probiotic regularly. The Vitamin Shoppe carries a variety of options - some that have to be refrigerated and some that don't. Make sure you get one that has a high count - billions instead of millions - and contains both acidophilus, and bifidus. If there are other similar sounding ingredients listed ending in 'us' on the label that means there are other types of pri-biotics listed. These are the 'good' bacteria that support your intestinal tract. Digestion of our food includes enzymes that we produce, but also 'friendly' bacteria that live in our intestines. These can get killed off if you take antibiotics so it is always a good idea to take a good probiotic source, especially after taking antibiotics, to re-establish the bowel's optimum environment for digestion.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been a busy bee this morning..

first I cleaned out our little patio area out back.. I got tired of waiting for hubby to do it.. I stuffed a lot of his junk in our storage space in the car port..:P

and then I washed the car.. I didn't do a great job because our hose is broken .. but it is cleaner then it was before...

and then I straightened out the closet that is under the stairs..

and then I swept the floor downstairs... and vacuumed the floor upstairs..

threw the rags in the wash..

and I have some chicken defrosting in the microwave right now, going to make some garlic chicken in the crock pot...

now I am going to go rescue the rags from the dryer, throw the chicken in the crock pot, have a shower and then make me some lunch and watch some TV....

Why yes you have been busy as a bee this morning! I thought Tuesdays were a work day for you though? Maybe I'm confused now!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

first I cleaned out our little patio area out back.. I got tired of waiting for hubby to do it.. I stuffed a lot of his junk in our storage space in the car port..:P

and then I washed the car.. I didn't do a great job because our hose is broken .. but it is cleaner then it was before...

and I have some chicken defrosting in the microwave right now, going to make some garlic chicken in the crock pot...

now I am going to go rescue the rags from the dryer, throw the chicken in the crock pot, have a shower and then make me some lunch and watch some TV....

Why yes you have been busy as a bee this morning! I thought Tuesdays were a work day for you though? Maybe I'm confused now!

no, working last Tuesday was a one time thing, I think... they told me my work days will be 2 days a week out of Monday, Wednesday or Friday.... Tuesday and Thursdays the older boy has preschool but his preschool didn't start until last Thursday...... I work tomorrow and Friday this week...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

no, working last Tuesday was a one time thing, I think... they told me my work days will be 2 days a week out of Monday, Wednesday or Friday.... Tuesday and Thursdays the older boy has preschool but his preschool didn't start until last Thursday...... I work tomorrow and Friday this week...

okay...gotcha Marilyn! :thumbs:

carlahmsb4.gif

Okay, so I googled HFCS.

Bleh.

Just what I thought.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

diet foods make you fat

see bottom article, especially

clickie!

hmmm I found this old article on diet soft drinks/sodas, they can make you fat too

I know he has recent ones too.

clickie here!

I am way less concerned about the fat aspect as I am about the unnaturalness of these products.

They are so bad for your body and brain.

:P bleh!

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

okay, hee hee

one more for now

I am on a role, huh

excuse me for caring...hahaha

The Five Worst Foods You Can Eat:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles...orst-foods.aspx

Over & out, Spirit

your intentions are good, :thumbs: but I am going to eat what I want .. :P

So be it.

ENJOY!

:lol:

P.S. I am far from perfect, in case I give off that impression. Ha!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have coke zero with my Bacardi dark rum!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I do try and avoid unhealthy foods but a girl has got to have a bacon cheeseburger once in awhile...

:yes: or in my case a hot fudge sundae.. :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

My mother is crazy into natural stuff, its insane the amount of research and work she does and how much energy she puts into this stuff.

One day when she's not looking I'm going to spike her meal with cheese whiz.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My mother is crazy into natural stuff, its insane the amount of research and work she does and how much energy she puts into this stuff.

One day when she's not looking I'm going to spike her meal with cheese whiz.

speaking of Cheese Whiz..

one time when I was still back home in Canada.. my mom and I were trying to figure out what to make for dinner, as our supplies were low.. we deiced on crepes but all we had to fill them with was hot dogs and cheese whiz... now my one brother doesn't like cheese whiz, yeah crazy I know... so we don't tell him we put cheese whiz in the crepes and he is all happily eating them because they were quite tasty... and we wait till after he is done to tell him we put cheese whiz in them and he didn't want to believe us :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.