thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Heard last night that hubby's kiddos who live in LA are safe and sound.. they didn't have to evacuate, but they lost power and there is debris everywhere (Baton Rouge)..

Oh wow. I had no idea your step-kids had moved. I thought they were still in the Atlanta area! Thank God Gustav died down and there was fairly minimal damage, all things considered. I was so worried for everyone.

Glad everyone had a great weekend. We went shopping in Sanford for the day. It was nice to have my husband home for a change. Even if he was on the phone a number of times with work-related business. When he took the calls I just left him sitting in the car.... or following me with the cart :lol: while I carried on. Got some new pants, cushions for the bedroom, some birthday prezzies for my Mom and my Aunt (their b'day is the same day and she is flying in from BC), and a few other odds bodds and sods.

Now I must write a letter to British Airways to claim my expenses for when they lost my luggage. *sigh*

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"intend" is a magical word!! does it mean a definite yes, or a definite no, more like a"maybe" lol I sent in the paper work for last election, no one has kicked me out yet,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

"intend" is a magical word!! does it mean a definite yes, or a definite no, more like a"maybe" lol I sent in the paper work for last election, no one has kicked me out yet,lol

Hahaha!

Indeed Flames.

It is a strong word, and an ethereal one too.

It is the "what's important to you at the moment" thing and it may not be in the future.

Who can say such things and be 100% sure?

Hence: "intend".

Ha!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so happy Ethan made friends in our new neighborhood, I was worried about him for a while. Now you can't keep him inside. He's even looking forward to school because he's got friends in his class now. Thank goodness. We went on a tour of his school today, its cute and was awarded a blue ribbon, so apparently that's good. I am excited for him.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am so happy Ethan made friends in our new neighborhood, I was worried about him for a while. Now you can't keep him inside. He's even looking forward to school because he's got friends in his class now. Thank goodness. We went on a tour of his school today, its cute and was awarded a blue ribbon, so apparently that's good. I am excited for him.

so he has gotten over the "I want to move back to Canada and live with Grandma" stage?

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Heard last night that hubby's kiddos who live in LA are safe and sound.. they didn't have to evacuate, but they lost power and there is debris everywhere (Baton Rouge)..

Oh wow. I had no idea your step-kids had moved. I thought they were still in the Atlanta area! Thank God Gustav died down and there was fairly minimal damage, all things considered. I was so worried for everyone.

yes, they moved there at the beginning of the summer.. his ex needed to get closer to family for financial reasons... and since there was NO WAY she was moving north :) tee hee.. she went home to be near her parents..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Hey What happened to the dude that was going to run off without paying his debt?

I imagine he's running towards karma. lol

No silly - he's living the life of a farmer in the Virginia hills - even without start up funding. God's grandeur provides all you need in life and all that . . . . :wacko:

Hey What happened to the dude that was going to run off without paying his debt?

No silly - he's living the life of a farmer in the Virginia hills - even without start up funding. God's grandeur provides all you need in life and all that . . . . :wacko:

Really????????? #######!!! And here I am thinking who grants you a life -or not- is USCIS :lol:

Really????????? #######!!! And here I am thinking who grants you a life -or not- is USCIS :lol:

:lol:

Ah yessss, the perceived life-granters.

Bahaha!!!

I get caught up that energy too...that we give them way too much importance.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

who knows, may work out for him!! If ur spouse has good credit and job, then ur not really required on any mortgage loans! I wasn't on our mortgage. But eventually it could come and kick him in the butt, maybe not, who knows, its a funny system!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

who knows, may work out for him!! If ur spouse has good credit and job, then ur not really required on any mortgage loans! I wasn't on our mortgage. But eventually it could come and kick him in the butt, maybe not, who knows, its a funny system!!

I know.... too bad it has not been funny enough to "loose" Bren's student loans.... :angry:

OMG, that blog's hilarious! Did you read the comments? All the jokes and fighting..... why, it's almost like VJ! :lol: Some of my faves:

EtoilePB at 06:06 PM on 08/26/08 My mom's underwires set off an airport metal detector when I was about 11. I made fun of her for about a week. Karma paid me back: I now wear nearly the same size bra.

howie_in_az at 06:23 PM on 08/26/08

I am shocked and amazed by the lack of jokes about boobytraps.

joemono at 06:31 PM on 08/26/08 This is why I don't wear bras to the airport. Well, this and the fact that I'm a guy.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.