thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Only the current administration can answer that. :lol:

:lol:

Good Morning. Hope you had a great weekend. We actually shut the A/C off yesterday! This is very weird weather. Haven't checked in with the news sites yet, so don't know when the storms are supposed to come, but you guys be safe!

We did have a great weekend thanks Carla! What's this about shutting the A/C off yesterday? Seems hard to comprehend at this point.

So my Husband is still working with the Elections people. They gave him a 'vote, it's your right' polo shirt to wear when he is onsite setting up the polling stations and a t-shirt for some other occasion - not sure which. I think it's nice that the elections dept. is filling out his wardrobe.

I was reading in the paper just now that the woman responsible for suggesting larger type on the last federal elections ballot (which took the ballot to two sheets which was apparently very confusing) - still gets hate mail.

So what is she doing about this? She is writing a book :lol:

We've had temp's in the mid 20's for the last 10 days and very little humidity. This is unheard of here in MO in August! I'm not complaining by a long shot though! The nights have been dreamy, with temps about 15 degrees. *sigh* I know it won't last, but it's sure nice when it's happening!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I stubbed my toe last night and it really hurt- it still bothers me a little this morning. :(

Good news- my sister is coming again to New Orleans!!! Yay!!! She will be here on the 28th.

Bonjour!

Trailmix, that is absolutely whacky that that woman is getting hate mail for having done something first so long ago and second something good.

They could have printed two types; one with the regular sized print and one with the large print for only those who needed it.

She's writing a book.

Bahaha.

That's awesome.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

People people people!

Get a grip.

A/C was only invented like 70 years ago (oops google time).

I really don't like it...and so my partner suffers with me constantly turning it off when he puts it on.

Open the windows, take a cold shower, jump in the lake, ocean, river, somewhere.

Ha!

It is especially for those of us with little or no body fat to not freeze to death in USian restaurants, theatres, etc.

Well, let's look at the weight of the general public here!

Ooops! :devil:

Montreal and Vancouver has their priorities straight:

as hot and muggy as it can get in Montreal, they want their women near-naked, not putting on sweaters and shawls.

Cleavage (and skin) rocks! :lol:

(I had this discussion with my sweetie's dad when we first met when he and his wife came to meet me in Montreal and she wondered is she needed a sweater for going out for breakfast. Good times!)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline
People people people!

Get a grip.

I really don't like it...and so my partner suffers with me constantly turning it off when he puts it on.

Open the windows, take a cold shower, jump in the lake, ocean, river, somewhere.

Ha!

Can't open the windows :(

Can't shower during office hours :(

Will not jump in the water at the UW rowing club... sure there are alien life forms underneath :unsure:

People people people!

Get a grip.

Ha!

Can't open the windows :(

Can't shower during office hours :(

Will not jump in the water at the UW rowing club... sure there are alien life forms underneath :unsure:

Ah yes...the predicament of working in some buildings with windows that do not open.

Sorry to hear Len...

Over & out, Spirit

People people people!

Get a grip.

Ha!

It is especially for those of us with little or no body fat to not freeze to death in USian restaurants, theatres, etc.

as hot and muggy as it can get in Montreal, they want their women near-naked, not putting on sweaters and shawls.

(I had this discussion with my sweetie's dad when we first met when he and his wife came to meet me in Montreal and she wondered is she needed a sweater for going out for breakfast. Good times!)

I think it's easier to put a sweater on. You can only take so much clothing off. My understanding particularly because my FIL suffers during the summers is that it is NOT related to our body fat. Look at the weight of the general public here? Wow...that's a huge generalization, and not very nice. :angry:

I know you put the little icon of the devil Spirit, but really...some of the things you say...

Tell me about your wanting A/C when you're dealing with menopause. :hehe:

carlahmsb4.gif

People people people!

Get a grip.

Ha!

I think it's easier to put a sweater on. You can only take so much clothing off. My understanding particularly because my FIL suffers during the summers is that it is NOT related to our body fat. Look at the weight of the general public here? Wow...that's a huge generalization, and not very nice. :angry:

I know you put the little icon of the devil Spirit, but really...some of the things you say...

Like I tried to do...lighten up the constant mass news about the overweight problems of people in the U.S.

And you are right Krikit...not too sensitive....and my only thing to say at this moment is that each time I go indoors to anywhere in the U.S. (public buildings, etc.) I freeze and cough my lungs out. People will not turn that damn A/C down/lower. It is really not necessary to have it so high.

So yes I poked fun...sorry.

I love the heat....oh and not the humidity. bleh!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't like A/C either and leave it off for as long as I can. Even when it is on it is set at 79 degrees F. That being said, when it is 85 degrees at 8 am and is going up into the high 90s yet again - and this has been going on for months now, not weeks or days,but months - you appreciate the need for A/C. My routine is that when the outside temperature reaches 85 or the inside temp reaches 81 the A/C goes on. There have been a few times when it goes on at a bit lower but that is mainly because the humidity is so thick that everything is dripping water and it feels like you have to swim through the air. It is impossible to sleep in, so I close the windows and the A/C goes on. The longest we have had where I have not been able to open the windows, though, is about a 2 week period the end of July. Normally the overnight temperatures go into the 70s so then the A/C goes off. The nice thing about the climate here in Georgia is that generally we go several months in the Spring and the Fall each where we don't have to use either heat or A/C and we only need to turn the furnace (which is set at 65) on from around the end of December to the end of February. There are days in the winter when I can open the windows to let the heat in :-). I agree with Spirit about public buildings in the US being kept too cold though - I freeze in a lot of them so always carry a sweater with me in the car so I can grab it whenever I need it.

When I was back in Canada the weather was wonderful - only up into the low 80s at the hottest and down into the 60s at night - now that is perfect. My friends, however, found it hot . . . and I was wishing I had brought more long pants instead of just shorts.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have my AC on all the time,lol I hate being hot. Why suffer, when i can flick a switch! lol Spent to many days in the army walking with a ruck sack, sweating my butt off,lol Bring on the AC!!!!!! Thats I prefer cooler climates, if its cold out, put on a sweater!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Never mind. Strike the sunny in C-@-TL remark. It's raining now. There goes my plan to raid Trader Joe's for their super fabulous French Roast during lunch. Darnit.

I took care of the sun, isn't that enough? :lol: There's no pleasing some people. :bonk:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline
Never mind. Strike the sunny in C-@-TL remark. It's raining now. There goes my plan to raid Trader Joe's for their super fabulous French Roast during lunch. Darnit.

I took care of the sun, isn't that enough? :lol: There's no pleasing some people. :bonk:

Hmmmmmm :angry: I knew it. You are just mean. Keep it up and I will let everyone know YOUR wedding plans... :devil: :devil:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
People people people!

Get a grip.

Ha!

If I could only convince my Sister of that. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.