thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw that telescope thingy and thought it was so cute. However, some scientist or other was bitching we could use that money for actual inventions and a real tunnel under the atlantic. I live 15 minutes from NY so when I get a chance to go into the city I want to see it.

All the candidates suck for the up and coming election. We are always essentially voting for the lesser of the evils. However, since I can't vote, I will have to just keep my little ideas to myself.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I saw that telescope thingy and thought it was so cute. However, some scientist or other was bitching we could use that money for actual inventions and a real tunnel under the atlantic. I live 15 minutes from NY so when I get a chance to go into the city I want to see it.

All the candidates suck for the up and coming election. We are always essentially voting for the lesser of the evils. However, since I can't vote, I will have to just keep my little ideas to myself.

I like Obama, while I don't agree with everything he intends to do, I agree with him on quite a few things - no candidate will be perfect for everyone. Anyway, I like him and I will be happy to vote for him, guess I should register first :lol:

Oh. New York? blah. Guess I skipped over that part. :lol:

Yes, dammit! Drive the 30 mins to Mt Dora! Sheesh. My husband keeps asking why you won't come for dinner. :lol: We can teach my husband to play crib. Or we can just play Scrabble, since he already knows how to do that. I'm a pretty impatient teacher. :lol:

Guess you didn't mention to him how unsociable we are!! I'm a really impatient teacher too :thumbs:

Timeline

haha

It's not that I don't like obama, it's that usually when democrats get into office taxes go up and if you live somewhere like New Jersey or California, that is the last thing you want to see happen! :(

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Timeline

I like Obama, while I don't agree with everything he intends to do, I agree with him on quite a few things - no candidate will be perfect for everyone. Anyway, I like him and I will be happy to vote for him, guess I should register first :lol:

Oh. New York? blah. Guess I skipped over that part. :lol:

Yes, dammit! Drive the 30 mins to Mt Dora! Sheesh. My husband keeps asking why you won't come for dinner. :lol: We can teach my husband to play crib. Or we can just play Scrabble, since he already knows how to do that. I'm a pretty impatient teacher. :lol:

Guess you didn't mention to him how unsociable we are!! I'm a really impatient teacher too :thumbs:

I like Obama too. And, yes, I told my husband that you weren't coming over because you don't like him. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Barack Obama:

today is truly the dawn of a new day.

:star::star::star:

We can only hope that realpolitik will no longer be the normal state of affairs. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Barack Obama:

today is truly the dawn of a new day.

:star::star::star:

:thumbs:

My guy was Chris Dodd...but I'll vote for anyone who changes the status quo! I just hope Obama and Hillary didn't beat each other up so badly that he can't recover...

Kucinich was my guy, but I can't believe you don't like the Status Quo. I love those guys. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
The Quo made a special guest appearance on The Street last year. They're all growed up now. :lol:

They did indeed. Les picked them up in his cab apparently but I missed it, ZUT ALORS!!!!! :lol: I'm not too worried, maybe Les will pick up Procol Harum next. :lol:

IR5

Mumsie: a refreshing breath of funny (fresh) air.

I am a huge fan!

:D

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
haha

It's not that I don't like obama, it's that usually when democrats get into office taxes go up and if you live somewhere like New Jersey or California, that is the last thing you want to see happen! :(

Apparently in Virginia too, and trust me they tax on everything here for what they like to call Personal Property Tax.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline
Mumsie: a refreshing breath of funny (fresh) air.

I am a huge fan!

:D

Might I reciprocate in kind, they mean a great deal coming from your most transcendent highness, the Empress of VJ. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline
haha

Apparently in Virginia too, and trust me they tax on everything here for what they like to call Personal Property Tax.

Virginia has some serious taxation but it's not as bad as New York. For example, if you drive a car, they'll tax the street; if you try to sit, they'll tax your seat; if you get too cold, they'll tax the heat; and if you take a walk, they'll tax your feet. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
haha

Virginia has some serious taxation but it's not as bad as New York. For example, if you drive a car, they'll tax the street; if you try to sit, they'll tax your seat; if you get too cold, they'll tax the heat; and if you take a walk, they'll tax your feet. :lol:

That is too funny lol.

I know this whole having to pay tax on your vehicle every year blows my mind.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

yeah, Georgia has that too - we have to pay a tax on the value of our cars each year in order to get their registration.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.