thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hey my hubby is going to school to learn how to fix air conditioners :thumbs:

and he starts his new air conditioning job on Monday but he has to work 3 more days at his old job..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
hey my hubby is going to school to learn how to fix air conditioners :thumbs:

and he starts his new air conditioning job on Monday but he has to work 3 more days at his old job..

Only three more days to go for DH until he leaves his crappy old job. He really must be stoked about his new job but I don't need to learn how to fix an air conditioner, I'm a man I was born knowing how to fix all things mechanical. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

You're a married man, shame on you. :lol: How many does that make it, four or five, I don't know about such things. :innocent:

well, there is a lot more to it then you think... :Pand he is going to learn how to fix commercial ones too and stuff...

Why didn't you tell me before I opened it up. :lol: Seriously AC repair is and always will be a solid career. :thumbs:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline

You're a married man, shame on you. :lol: How many does that make it, four or five, I don't know about such things. :innocent:

well, there is a lot more to it then you think... :Pand he is going to learn how to fix commercial ones too and stuff...

Why didn't you tell me before I opened it up. :lol: Seriously AC repair is and always will be a solid career. :thumbs:

yeah specailly here in CAli.. he is really enjoying school too...

well, there is a lot more to it then you think... :P and he is going to learn how to fix commercial ones too and stuff...

When he finishes training you can move to Florida!! :thumbs:

don't think that would fly with the hubby ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
OK peepz, off I go to see Rheetu; Bollywood's Ambassador to the Sister Republic of Redmond, WA. Eyebrow threading and henna in my pretty looooooong hair. If I get a bit kinky, I can always ask her to henna tattoo my ankles. We'll see....

Adios for now folks!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Have fun and don't forget to use the special shampoo I got for you. :lol:

IR5

Timeline

So we just got back from grocery shopping at Albertson's.

They have these specials there that some marketing person dreamt up. The buy 2 get a discount thing. So if you buy two packages, of say peanuts, they are 2 for $5, but if you just buy one it's like $3.49.

So marketing person thinks oh - she will buy 2!! No marketing person, she won't buy any because she doesn't want to buy it for $3.49!!

Silly. :hehe:

Just ate some cut up watermelon I bought - it was really good.

One other weird thing here, well I don't know if this is in ALL of the United States or just the Albertson's on the corner, but they put non- food items like bubble bath in with say fruit. In Calgary if you buy something like bubble bath, they always put a it in a small bag before putting it in the big bag.

Mind you they also put my bottle of ginger ale in with a loaf of bread - so it probably is just them :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
So we just got back from grocery shopping at Albertson's.

They have these specials there that some marketing person dreamt up. The buy 2 get a discount thing. So if you buy two packages, of say peanuts, they are 2 for $5, but if you just buy one it's like $3.49.

So marketing person thinks oh - she will buy 2!! No marketing person, she won't buy any because she doesn't want to buy it for $3.49!!

Silly. :hehe:

Just ate some cut up watermelon I bought - it was really good.

One other weird thing here, well I don't know if this is in ALL of the United States or just the Albertson's on the corner, but they put non- food items like bubble bath in with say fruit. In Calgary if you buy something like bubble bath, they always put a it in a small bag before putting it in the big bag.

Mind you they also put my bottle of ginger ale in with a loaf of bread - so it probably is just them :lol:

It's just them. :lol:

But I'm surprised that you aren't getting the discount on just one item. I asked them about that when I first moved down here because I don't want two (or 10) of anything. They told me that the discount still applies. Unless they've changed it or it was a special sale or something? :unsure:

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline

So.... anyway. I am here in Ontario. Had a lovely meal at Ruth's Chris Steak House the night before I left. HATED getting up at 4:00am. But it would have been 3:00am if we hadn't stayed at the airport so I guess I shouldn't be grumpy about it. Baltimore was pouring down and COLD. It was sunny and warm in Buffalo. Didn't even need a sweater.

Today we are going to my daughter's house for Mother's Day. Looking forward to seeing my son! Daughter and future son-in-law picked me up yesterday so I've seen her. :lol: We went shopping in Buffalo and then out to the Cheesecake Factory. First time I've ever eaten there. I was very impressed. No problems at the border. The agent got an evil grin on his face, then started laughing when future SIL told him they had been to pick up the MIL. They got the same reaction from the American agent going in, too. Anyway, we all had a good laugh and a good chat about being nice to your MIL, then he waved us on through. No questions about goods being brought in or anything. It was good to be home. :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone! (F)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Krikit and Happy Mother's Day to you and all the other Mother's today, especially those of us that won't see our kids.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

Happy Mother's day all.

So krikit I take it the pizza place doesn't open at 5, oh well maybe it will be open when you come back!

So yes, it is Mother's day, my Son isn't too keen on 'marketing' holidays, that's not what he actually calls them, but if it involves a Hallmark card he figures it is just some made up thing to sell products.

But anyhoo - we have officially run out of Nabob coffee, just drinking it now. I will try a few brands we can get at the store (krikit I forgot which one you told me about) - if we don't like them we can order MJB from Amazon. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.