thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Bonjour tout!

I am in a bit of a better mood today. MATILDA didn't show up for work yesterday :angry: , after having the classiest (a-ha) burst of diva-ness in front of everyone and running off crying... sheesh. I actually like it better when the waltzing queen is not around. Now, don't get all fussed up, you know I am all about being an activist for gay rights; but this one really gets under my nerves... nothing to do with his sexuality, but with his professionalism, or lack thereof.

Tomorrow it's back to Spawn Cafe --- hope it gets better... :wacko:

Ta ta.

If I'm absent, it's because I'm reading all the idiocy in OT and really having a good time. Goooooo Crikey!!!!!!

Oh, and ####### $%$^& #####. And that's that :yes:

Len, darling, sweetie, honey-pumpkin, please allow me to re-mind you of something so that you can re-member (hyphens on purpose).

Your attitude and how you see things have EVERYTHING to do with what is going on outside of you and inside of you, too.

So, what I'm trying to tell you here is that have fun with it...everything...and just laugh at the silliness that is the human drama.

Don't get dragged down into people's perceived sludge.

Okay?!

For-give...for-giving.

For-get...for-getting.

See what I mean about breaking words up.

Friends and I call it "word safari".

Remember (my favourite quote):

Life is far too important to be taken seriously.

~ Winnie the Pooh

:star:

Sorry, corrected the spelling. I know, I know, I'm an azzhole, so shoot me. The message was too damn important. We need more Tigger in us and less Eeyore. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bonjour tout!

I am in a bit of a better mood today. MATILDA didn't show up for work yesterday :angry: , after having the classiest (a-ha) burst of diva-ness in front of everyone and running off crying... sheesh. I actually like it better when the waltzing queen is not around. Now, don't get all fussed up, you know I am all about being an activist for gay rights; but this one really gets under my nerves... nothing to do with his sexuality, but with his professionalism, or lack thereof.

Ta ta.

If I'm absent, it's because I'm reading all the idiocy in OT and really having a good time. Goooooo Crikey!!!!!!

Len, darling, sweetie, honey-pumpkin, please allow me to re-mind you of something so that you can re-member (hyphens on purpose).

Your attitude and how you see things have EVERYTHING to do with what is going on outside of you and inside of you, too.

So, what I'm trying to tell you here is that have fun with it...everything...and just laugh at the silliness that is the human drama.

Okay?!

For-give...for-giving.

For-get...for-getting.

~ Winnie the Pooh

Sorry, corrected the spelling. I know, I know, I'm an azzhole, so shoot me. The message was too damn important. We need more Tigger in us and less Eeyore. :thumbs:

OMG!!

How embarrassing. :blush:

And I honestly know better.

Me and my hurry-typing...sigh.

I know the difference between too and to.

Thanks Mumsie.

It needed correcting. :thumbs:

I'm so pleased that you all liked that quote.

I think I will put it back on my voice mail.

(I recycle the really good ones.)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Bonjour tout!

Ta ta.

Okay?!

For-give...for-giving.

For-get...for-getting.

~ Winnie the Pooh

OMG!!

How embarrassing. :blush:

And I honestly know better.

Me and my hurry-typing...sigh.

I know the difference between too and to.

Thanks Mumsie.

It needed correcting. :thumbs:

I'm so pleased that you all liked that quote.

I think I will put it back on my voice mail.

(I recycle the really good ones.)

Why can't we do the same with politicians? :lol: Oh, wait, I know why. :crying:

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have a question for everyone here. My family from Canada and us in the US are planning a family type reunion for Christmas. Originally we were looking at Peurto Vallarta but I think now it is going to be Punta Cana in the Dominican. Anyone been there? If so any place you would recommend (that is an all-inclusive)? My Canadian relatives are going to go charter so they can't book yet, but here in the US we need to book this month and I am anxious to get as much information as possible in order to make a decision. Any help is appreciated?

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Have a question for everyone here. My family from Canada and us in the US are planning a family type reunion for Christmas. Originally we were looking at Peurto Vallarta but I think now it is going to be Punta Cana in the Dominican. Anyone been there? If so any place you would recommend (that is an all-inclusive)? My Canadian relatives are going to go charter so they can't book yet, but here in the US we need to book this month and I am anxious to get as much information as possible in order to make a decision. Any help is appreciated?

I know zero about the Dominican Republic - however I was at the hairdressers this week and she was talking about her trip to Panama for New Years - and in the course of that conversation she said she had been to the Dom. rep. and she had no desire to go there again.

How is that for a great piece of info!?

Good morning everyone! Crikey! you were absent yesterday, do you have an excuse <_<

So no need to tell everyone what I am up to, combo packing/cleaning <<<< there I did it anyway. It's overcast here today, it might snow :o

b-bagel-img.jpg

What can our superwonderwomen names be??! B)

Let me think on this. I know I developed superpowers one frigid Edmonton winter, so being a superhero isn't a reach. :blink:

Oh yes, had forgotten about your experience in Edmonton.

Hahaha!

Oh, but the true Arctic was actually in Chicago this winter.

There were weeks with under zero FAHRENHEIT, people.

Brrrr...and still it is way below normal.

We had snow Thursday again.

Everyone is sick of it.

And I am by far suffering for this cold and dry and bleh.

(What was I thinking?? See what the euphoria of love does?) :bonk:

I'm supposed to go by a local boatyard today and hang with the locals (they're throwing a Luau)...it's not horrible today, thankgodd.

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everyone! Crikey! you were absent yesterday, do you have an excuse <_<

I had a note. My Mom said it was okay. The hall monitor gave me a pass. I think I have it here in my pocket. Oh oh. Looks like the dog ate it.

Let's see.... where was I yesterday? :unsure: Oh yes. I had a chiropractic appointment first thing in the morning. Since his office is halfway to the Fresh Market, I decided to go there afterwards. Since there's a Starbucks there I decided to stop off and grab my morning coffee that I didn't have time for at home. Since there's a nail salon in the Fresh Market plaza, I decided to drink my coffee while getting a pedicure. Went to the Fresh Market and chatted with the butcher and the lady who makes the test meals. Picked up wine on my way by the liquor store. Remembered I hadn't picked up my husband's shirts from the dry cleaners yet so went home, put away the groceries, grabbed the dirty shirts, chatted with the owner of the cleaners, picked up the clean shirts. Decided I wanted to make jalapeno poppers (jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, topped with bacon and broiled or bbq'd) so stopped off at the grocery store. Sale on flowers at Albertsons so bought two bunches of Gerbera daisies. Total of $6.00 for 8 Gerberas!!! Can you believe that? Bought these colours:

bxp65766.jpg

Put them on my dining room table. So pretty. Let's see. What else did I do? Drank wine while I prepped dinner. Made jalapenos. Cut up excess fresh strawberries, sprinkled them with sugar, then froze them in two containers for future strawberry shortcakes. Wrestled with propane tank on gas bbq. Conceded defeat and waited for husband to come home from gym so he could do it. Drank more wine. Waited for husband. Husband calls.... he's in Altamonte Springs looking for a tux. (He's walking his niece down the aisle in June and then we've got a big trip coming up in July.) Tells me to go ahead and eat dinner without him. Tell him I would but I can't light the stupid bbq. Husband comes home and we eat dinner. The end.

Oh and, sorry, Leafgal. I know nothing about DR. Other than my parents' flight was cancelled out of there because it was on 9-11 so they had to stay another couple of days. Now Puerta Vallarta I can tell you about. But not DR.

Trailmix, those Horton's breffrus sammidges look horrible, don't they? I could break a tooth on them. They really need to get their money back from that photographer.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dominican is beautiful- especially Punta Cana- the water and beaches are gorgeous. It is nicer on the Punta Cana side that Puerto Plata- but Puerto Plata was still great.

The Dominican people are very friendly and lovely people. Like most holidays- you will want to stay close to the resort and take reputable tours with good guides. You don't want to wander too far on you own.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also in the Dominican- pay attention to how many "car washes" you see. As most people mostly ride scooters, there seem to be a lot of car washes.

They are brothels :)

Timeline

I had a note. My Mom said it was okay. The hall monitor gave me a pass. I think I have it here in my pocket. Oh oh. Looks like the dog ate it.

Let's see.... where was I yesterday? :unsure: Oh yes. I had a chiropractic appointment first thing in the morning. Since his office is halfway to the Fresh Market, I decided to go there afterwards. Since there's a Starbucks there I decided to stop off and grab my morning coffee that I didn't have time for at home. Since there's a nail salon in the Fresh Market plaza, I decided to drink my coffee while getting a pedicure. Went to the Fresh Market and chatted with the butcher and the lady who makes the test meals. Picked up wine on my way by the liquor store. Remembered I hadn't picked up my husband's shirts from the dry cleaners yet so went home, put away the groceries, grabbed the dirty shirts, chatted with the owner of the cleaners, picked up the clean shirts. Decided I wanted to make jalapeno poppers (jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, topped with bacon and broiled or bbq'd) so stopped off at the grocery store. Sale on flowers at Albertsons so bought two bunches of Gerbera daisies. Total of $6.00 for 8 Gerberas!!! Can you believe that? Bought these colours:

bxp65766.jpg

Put them on my dining room table. So pretty. Let's see. What else did I do? Drank wine while I prepped dinner. Made jalapenos. Cut up excess fresh strawberries, sprinkled them with sugar, then froze them in two containers for future strawberry shortcakes. Wrestled with propane tank on gas bbq. Conceded defeat and waited for husband to come home from gym so he could do it. Drank more wine. Waited for husband. Husband calls.... he's in Altamonte Springs looking for a tux. (He's walking his niece down the aisle in June and then we've got a big trip coming up in July.) Tells me to go ahead and eat dinner without him. Tell him I would but I can't light the stupid bbq. Husband comes home and we eat dinner. The end.

Oh and, sorry, Leafgal. I know nothing about DR. Other than my parents' flight was cancelled out of there because it was on 9-11 so they had to stay another couple of days. Now Puerta Vallarta I can tell you about. But not DR.

Trailmix, those Horton's breffrus sammidges look horrible, don't they? I could break a tooth on them. They really need to get their money back from that photographer.

:lol: Crickey! you don't need any excuses, your day sounds like an old Enjoli commercial. :lol::lol:

Those look like nice Gerberas :thumbs: and the price sounds right but were they cut flowers or whole plants?

BTW, don't let our favourite barista hear about your acquisition of java from a large chain of coffee dispensing establishments, she'd be less than enthused. :lol:

Also in the Dominican- pay attention to how many "car washes" you see. As most people mostly ride scooters, there seem to be a lot of car washes.

And I always thought a "happy ending" was an extra coat of wax. :innocent:

IR5

Timeline

:o Go oooooon! Wow. The things you learn when asking innocent questions. lol

Thank you MissStacey good to know not to wander too far.

And your right Crikey the things you learn, too funny, I will be sure to keep that info to myself till before we all leave since 3 single guys and you never know what they will do ha ha ha.

Timeline

:o Go oooooon! Wow. The things you learn when asking innocent questions. lol

Thank you MissStacey good to know not to wander too far.

And your right Crikey the things you learn, too funny, I will be sure to keep that info to myself till before we all leave since 3 single guys and you never know what they will do ha ha ha.

Better bring bail money. :innocent::lol:

IR5

Timeline

Better bring bail money. :innocent::lol:

No I am praying they don't figure it out lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.