thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Good morning good people. I am sitting here drinking my tea trying to wake up and get ready. I am going to give myself half an hour. Here's a cup of tea for you too.

teagg5.jpg

I will be in Denver in time to see this sunset today. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay safe, good luck, and congratulations. (Just in case I miss anything. :hehe:)

3.jpg

You might not see that sunset today!! It was 70 degrees yesterday(wore a t-shirt and flipflops) and I woke up to 3 inches of snow here in Boulder this morning and grey skies...wierd.

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I have seen it at Lowes, of all places, as well as at Kroeger's but I can't remember when I last saw it. I have a bottle but it is nearly empty and I don't recall where I bought it now.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
does anyone know where I can buy Zout??

Can't find it anywhere!!

59d084544301001e.jpg

I looked on line found this site hope it helps

http://www.zout.com/index.cfm?page_id=21

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What's the go-to site for Canadian immigration, guys? (For those who have considered or have gone the other way.)

I'm writing an article about a Canadian couple in Ottawa (it's about the HIV ban the U.S. has and how one partner can't come into the U.S. ever again because he's HIV pos) and I'm trying to get a good grasp of how Canadian immigration works. (I knew it was a whole different animal the minute I heard about the "landing" process. #######?)

So anyway... any help would be appreciated.

Also, any descriptions of Highgate Springs checkpoint, if you've been there.

Thanks! :thumbs:

I believe roadtocanada.com is a Canadian equivalent of VJ.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

and of course you are checking out the official Canadian Immigration site too http://www.cic.gc.ca , right?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

The ECMA's are tonite.. and I can't watch..

:crying:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

The ECMA's are tonite.. and I can't watch..

:crying:

I'm sorry...what are those? :blink:

On another note...here's morning coffee!

Emancipation...congratulations on your new job! I hope you'll be very happy there. Hope there is also some NICE people to work with! Congratulations on Kipsters new job as well!

I didn't know Crikey! was going away this week. Here's hoping the weather is cooperating for her! If you can hear me Crikey, I'll miss you! hehe

coffeecarla3br5.jpg

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the carlacoffee and the coffee, Carla!

Yes, I don't know what ECMA's are either.

Oh and it is voting day here in Alberta, they have changed the voting place from the school to a church, which I personally think is a grand idea - shouldn't have a bunch of strangers traipsing through an elementary school (I wrote a letter to the editor to that effect the last time we voted).

Will the Conservatives win! Stay Tuned!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

Good morning from Denver everyone! Just waiting for the morning rush hour traffic to thin out so I can begin my adventures. :dance: Not going to venture too far today. I thought I might find a mall and do some shopping. I have a bit of a coat and sweater fetish and I'm thinking I may be in sweater heaven here. Will let you know. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning from Denver everyone! Just waiting for the morning rush hour traffic to thin out so I can begin my adventures. :dance: Not going to venture too far today. I thought I might find a mall and do some shopping. I have a bit of a coat and sweater fetish and I'm thinking I may be in sweater heaven here. Will let you know. :lol:

Hi crikey! I heard it's cold and snowy in Denver! Well I hope you enjoy yourself today, shopping in a new place sounds like fun. How are your accomodations?

Hi crikey! I heard it's cold and snowy in Denver! Well I hope you enjoy yourself today, shopping in a new place sounds like fun. How are your accomodations?

Brrrrrrr. Once we'd broken through the cloud cover and I could finally see the ground snow, I knew I was in trouble. (I was able to differentiate the clouds from the ground because there were some evergreen tops poking through when I looked down. To distinguish clouds from the ground after landing, I looked for the middle section of the trees.) After staring at the snow-covered roads and the tops of the evergreens for a while, I turned to the lady sitting next to me and said "I don't think I'm gonna like this."

Speaking of the lady next to me... I sat beside a very nice older couple who were returning to Phoenix after their son's wedding to a Florida gal. It had been a two day party and they'd been out late the night before, neither of them were feeling well, and they promptly fell asleep. Unfortunately, the husband kept unleashing this toxic gas.... to the point where I had my hand over my nose and mouth trying not to breathe or throw up. icon8.gif Honestly, I could barely see through the haze. A little while later they both woke up. The wife asked him how he was feeling and he said "I'm experiencing a little intestinal discomfort." :blink:

Our accommodations are lovely. I hear there's a pool and a hot tub here somewhere. I might try and find that this evening. We passed by the workout room but I looked the other way. :innocent: Breffrus was good. There's a lovely view of the (snow-covered) mountains from here. The car rental guy warned me not to drive there cause of the recent storm.... said the roads were all snow-covered. (Really?)

Speaking of car rental guys.... he tried to upsell me on the rental. Kept trying to scare me about the "treacherous" weather and road conditions and how I really needed something much more suitable (i.e. expensive). Finally had to shut him down by telling him I'm from Canada and was used to this kind of weather. That was the last I heard on the topic. :lol:

Okay.... off to shop till I drop. Have a great day everybody!

iagree.gif

Gooooooooooooooooooood morning from rainy Seattle. Weekend with Sarah was a blast, and now I am back @ work, LATE. Daaah. Forgot to turn on alarm and woke up at circa 7:20 (usually the time I am already waiting for the freaking bus :angry:), Argh. I hate being late. But hey, apparently in this office everyone but my boss is recurrently either late or sick, so I am still a model of efficiency LMAO.

OK, now pass that java.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.