• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hope there are public toilets at the market, Len. Looks like you could use one. :hehe:

I'm thinking - what? Then I saw the meez :thumbs:

Good morning everyone. We have an overcast day here in Calgary, currently -1. We are expecting it to remain mostly cloudy with a high of around 5.

coffee_doughnut1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

D'oh. Sorry. Forgot the weather report. :P It's sunny here, with an expected high in the mid 70's. Denver's going to be 68f, but I see it's scheduled to drop into the 30's and 40's for the duration of my visit. Must be karma getting back at me for griping at my BIL saying that whenever he comes to visit Florida it snows. :huh:

iagree.gif

Timeline
D'oh. Sorry. Forgot the weather report. :P It's sunny here, with an expected high in the mid 70's. Denver's going to be 68f, but I see it's scheduled to drop into the 30's and 40's for the duration of my visit. Must be karma getting back at me for griping at my BIL saying that whenever he comes to visit Florida it snows. :huh:

When do you actually leave for the 'snow' state??

My Niece and her boyfriend got stuck in Denver overnight last year during the big snow storm of 07. It was the silliest thing - I mean the airline obviously knew that this weather system was coming in, all flights were grounded when they arrived - sweet.

When do you actually leave for the 'snow' state??

My Niece and her boyfriend got stuck in Denver overnight last year during the big snow storm of 07. It was the silliest thing - I mean the airline obviously knew that this weather system was coming in, all flights were grounded when they arrived - sweet.

Oh wow. I remember that storm. Gosh, I love a good snowstorm.

We leave tomorrow. We're taking different flights, though, because the government, in its infinite wisdom, will only let their employees fly through government-approved airlines which are booked by a government-approved middleman. Which means his flight is WAY more expensive than my flight..... even if I was paying for it. (He transferred his Southwest free trip awards to me so I'm flying for free. Plus I've got free drink coupons so I'm good to go. :thumbs: )

iagree.gif

Timeline
Oh wow. I remember that storm. Gosh, I love a good snowstorm.

We leave tomorrow. We're taking different flights, though, because the government, in its infinite wisdom, will only let their employees fly through government-approved airlines which are booked by a government-approved middleman. Which means his flight is WAY more expensive than my flight..... even if I was paying for it. (He transferred his Southwest free trip awards to me so I'm flying for free. Plus I've got free drink coupons so I'm good to go. :thumbs: )

Well I hope you two have a fabulous time. :lol: at all the gov approved travel stuff.

The thing with the Denver snow storm shutdown, it's funny, on TV you see the red cross pretending to hand out water - everyone is saying people are being looked after.

In reality they were never even offered a drink of water, no chance of a hotel as the roads were closed, so they ended up spending mega dollars on airport food and sleeping on the floor.

My Sister and her Husband decided they would go rescue them, so they hopped in the car and drove, from Nebraska, as far as they could and ended up sitting in a motel just outside of Denver.

So my Sister needs to go home as her Son is still at home so my BIL drives her back then drives back to Denver and picks up my Niece and her boyfriend just after they opened the roads.

The thing with the Denver snow storm shutdown, it's funny, on TV you see the red cross pretending to hand out water - everyone is saying people are being looked after.

In reality they were never even offered a drink of water, no chance of a hotel as the roads were closed, so they ended up spending mega dollars on airport food and sleeping on the floor.

My Sister and her Husband decided they would go rescue them, so they hopped in the car and drove, from Nebraska, as far as they could and ended up sitting in a motel just outside of Denver.

So my Sister needs to go home as her Son is still at home so my BIL drives her back then drives back to Denver and picks up my Niece and her boyfriend just after they opened the roads.

:o

Good grief. What an adventure! :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Let's see... what's the weather report? Ah, here it is: At the moment it is 21C. The high for today will be 25C and the low will be 16C.

It's cloudy, there's a very small amount of wind (nothing to write home about) and the humidity is rather low at 76%.

Edited by DeadPoolX

Timeline

:o

Good grief. What an adventure! :lol:

Yes! So if you get snowed in, you know who to call, they are feisty and determined!

Where do you live deadpoolx - with the balmy temps?

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in Texas.

I remember sending pics of what it looked like down here in December and January (warm, sunny, no snow at all, and people were wearing short sleeves and jeans at the most!) to my then-fiancee (she's now my wife) and she couldn't get over it. Where she was, it was extremely cold, windy and lots of snow. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.