thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
We are thinking Lake Mary - have you heard anything good or bad about it!? Seems to be in the right position for not too hot and not too cold

And what is this talk of snow!! I don't like to hear 'snow' and 'Florida' in the same sentence :blink:

Oh cool! Lake Mary's not far from us! My favourite shopping city is Sanford, which is right by there. The only thing I've heard about it is the man we bought my husband's bike from in Altamonte Springs says they have lots of bike trails. Or maybe he said he takes the bike trails to Lake Mary. :unsure::blush:

I know.... I was SHOCKED at the talk of snow!!! The orange growers are very very worried, because if it stays below zero for more than 4 (or is it 6) hours, they may lose their crop. But it'll be back in the seventies on the weekend. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First, thanks to all of you who have been sending good vibes our way. Mi madre is doing better, though recovery of this is a long process. She might get out of the ICU at the end of this week. We are all praying for her and keeping in touch. Sometimes I do wonder ####### am I doing so far away from my family, and it has not been easy for either me or Bren, since I am not much fun to be around these days. But, I'm my mother's daughter, so I'm hanging in there.

Again, thanks for the support y'all.

So good to hear your Mom's doing better, Lenina. You are in my prayers. (F)

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit we brought the snow just for your visit. :lol:

I just shovelled out a four-foot snow pile that was nicely dumped in front of the driveway. Being lazy as Hell and not feeling like pulling out the snow blower, I managed to clear the driveway using a plastic shovel. It only took a few hours and I not only managed to experience no cardiac infarction whatsoever but I also didn't swear once. :thumbs: What more could you ask for? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
First, thanks to all of you who have been sending good vibes our way. Mi madre is doing better, though recovery of this is a long process. She might get out of the ICU at the end of this week. We are all praying for her and keeping in touch. Sometimes I do wonder ####### am I doing so far away from my family, and it has not been easy for either me or Bren, since I am not much fun to be around these days. But, I'm my mother's daughter, so I'm hanging in there.

Again, thanks for the support y'all.

((((((((((((((Len)))))))))))))))) Glad to hear Mom is much better and glad to hear you're hanging in there as well. It's hard being away from family when things like this happen. Keep on hanging in there...we are ALL here for you. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Good morning!

Len....I'm so glad your Mom is doing better! Hang in there girl! HUGS

trailmix...12 weeks!! :) Wow, how exciting for you!!

Kritkit...welcome back, missed you!

Here's a cup o' love this morning to all my special Canadian friends...and honouree ones!

Carla (F)

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

coffee! :dance:

still snow on the ground here, going on 4 weeks now. i feel canadian. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Being a Canadian, I am ashamed to say this:

I a freezing here in Louisiana! It is cold!!

But I do admit it is nicer than the long hot humid summers here.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It's like Joel says...cold is cold no matter where you are. It's pretty darn cold up here in the NE GA mountains this morning. Gotta go get some coffee on. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Sipping my coffee as we speak. Morning all. It's pretty cool here this morning. But not cold. And I LIKE it. :D

Good Morning!!! :thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Being a Canadian, I am ashamed to say this:

I a freezing here in Louisiana! It is cold!!

But I do admit it is nicer than the long hot humid summers here.

is it below freezing there? maybe that will kill off some of them pesky bugs :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well today is paper sorting day, I have a desk in the living room, a pen, some folders and i'm good to go woot woot! (trying to drum up some enthusiasm).

Just sent my Sister and my Niece DVD's from Disney World in an attempt to drum up enthusiasm for them to come to Florida for xmas next year (got to start early people!)

My Niece wants to go to Dollywood in Tennessee.

I also plan on sending t-shirts, maps etc - maybe someone in Florida will hire me as a marketer for the fine state.

Timeline
Oh cool! Lake Mary's not far from us! My favourite shopping city is Sanford, which is right by there. The only thing I've heard about it is the man we bought my husband's bike from in Altamonte Springs says they have lots of bike trails. Or maybe he said he takes the bike trails to Lake Mary. :unsure::blush:

:lol:

Well today is paper sorting day, I have a desk in the living room, a pen, some folders and i'm good to go woot woot! (trying to drum up some enthusiasm).

Just sent my Sister and my Niece DVD's from Disney World in an attempt to drum up enthusiasm for them to come to Florida for xmas next year (got to start early people!)

I also plan on sending t-shirts, maps etc - maybe someone in Florida will hire me as a marketer for the fine state.

Today I will finish the laundry, do some grocery shopping, and find the receipts for some items I need to take back to the store tomorrow. (Lesson For Today: Never buy wine from World Market.) I think I'll make a nice salad for dinner tonight.

It's like pulling teeth trying to get anybody to come to Florida for Christmas. However, my sister has solved that problem by announcing to everyone on the phone Christmas Day (she lives in England) that her husband has promised they will be here for Christmas 2009. (I'll be at the in-laws for Christmas 2008.) So that means EVERYONE must come that year. :dance::unsure:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Today I will finish the laundry, do some grocery shopping, and find the receipts for some items I need to take back to the store tomorrow. (Lesson For Today: Never buy wine from World Market.) I think I'll make a nice salad for dinner tonight.

It's like pulling teeth trying to get anybody to come to Florida for Christmas. However, my sister has solved that problem by announcing to everyone on the phone Christmas Day (she lives in England) that her husband has promised they will be here for Christmas 2009. (I'll be at the in-laws for Christmas 2008.) So that means EVERYONE must come that year. :dance::unsure:

My Mom even said yesterday that she would come - and she doesn't like to travel anymore and she may change her mind, but it's a start. I could have sent her a DVD too except she still has VHS. I said to her the other day, why don't you get a DVD (she likes Murder she Wrote and Miss Marple tapes - which are much easier to get on DVD). She said no. She only got a VCR like 2 years ago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.