dogluke

K1 VISA DENIED

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My k1 visa was denied my lawer got RFE on i have i been conveted of any crimes i told her the information and she sent it in with out my signature IT WAS DENIED now i must reaply for new peteion all over again now i think i need a waver i have had a k1 visa in the past 8 years ago the marrage lasted 5 years we devorce i filed my 2 visa and was deied mistake bye my lawer to re file for same fiancee due i need a waver and if so what are the chance it will be aproved or should i appeal the decishone of the denied BIG PROUBLEM hear

First of all, you need to get your terms correct. It was the PETITION that was denied, not the visa. They are two separate things.

Its hard to understand exactly what you're asking, but it appears that your attorney submitted a form without your signature. Normally, that would not result in a denial, but they would more than likely return it to you to be signed. But I feel we don't have a complete picture as to what exactly happened.

What does your attorney advise you to do next?

Incidentally - if you have an attorney, I find it puzzling that you asking people on a message board for advice as to what to do next.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Im just concerned over the denial. I dont think it was denied bc of a form not being signed, they would have certainly sent that back to be signed causing the approval/denial to take a bit longer, not not strait out denied. I think something is missing in the story.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is it possible that you were convicted of some kind of crime in the past that is keeping you from an approval? Your post wasn't clearly written but it seems like you had some question about your legal past. Please give more info.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hear is what the letter said my lawyer did not send me this RFE to put my Signature on it she just ask me to tell hear if i have been convected of a crime and she sent it in with out my name on it i think anyone who sent in petition should say up front of any crimes to AVOID RFE

On the petition you filed on april 2 you failed to complete part C of the form in a Notice of Acttion may 18 you were notified you must complete the form you were then asked to respond to qustion in part C and sign and resubmit the form that was sent to you Your response received bye the office may 29 did not include your signature on form you resubmitted in view of the above the petition is DENIED

hear is what the letter said my lawyer did not send me this RFE to put my Signature on it she just ask me to tell hear if i have been convected of a crime and she sent it in with out my name on it i think anyone who sent in petition should say up front of any crimes to AVOID RFE

On the petition you filed on april 2 you failed to complete part C of the form in a Notice of Acttion may 18 you were notified you must complete the form you were then asked to respond to qustion in part C and sign and resubmit the form that was sent to you Your response received bye the office may 29 did not include your signature on form you resubmitted in view of the above the petition is DENIED

Still not overly clear, however - the mistake was clearly that of your attorney. So I'll ask again - what does she advise for next steps to rectify the situation?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, if you still want to get married, then you'll need to complete a new petition. The question is, do you feel confident filing it your self? If so, get the refund and re-do it yourself. If not, have the lawyer do it and make her pay the new, higher filing fee. Or, get the refund and find a competent immigration attorney to file the new petition for you.

What a bummer for you. Good luck!

Well, if you still want to get married, then you'll need to complete a new petition. The question is, do you feel confident filing it your self? If so, get the refund and re-do it yourself. If not, have the lawyer do it and make her pay the new, higher filing fee. Or, get the refund and find a competent immigration attorney to file the new petition for you.

The OPs situation is now quite more complicated than when he started this petition. No way I'd go it alone. I would either dump the current attorney and find a new one (after getting a full refund from the current attorney), or make this attorney work on the new case for free.

Personally, I wouldn't want to touch this attorney again with a 10 foot pole (no reply to an RFE - how basic a mistake is that??) - but I certainly wouldn't go it alone, either.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The OPs situation is now quite more complicated than when he started this petition. No way I'd go it alone. I would either dump the current attorney and find a new one (after getting a full refund from the current attorney), or make this attorney work on the new case for free.

Personally, I wouldn't want to touch this attorney again with a 10 foot pole (no reply to an RFE - how basic a mistake is that??) - but I certainly wouldn't go it alone, either.

Given the cuircumctances described above, my personal choice would also be to get a refund and hire a new, competent immigration attorney. I was merely pointing out that there is more than one option in this mess.

Given the cuircumctances described above, my personal choice would also be to get a refund and hire a new, competent immigration attorney. I was merely pointing out that there is more than one option in this mess.

We are definitely in agreement!! :thumbs::)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i think you should get your refund and get a new immigration attorney, and i think you should have someone else checking your forms and documents. your spelling is not good enough to clarify things and you need very clear and concise information in your visa petition. If you want a successful petition, i don't see any other choice.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: Timeline

1. If you take the refund from the attorney, make sure you receive enough money to cover the variance for the new fees.
  2. If you change lawyers, make sure you receive a written explanation as to why you are now filing another petition.
  3. If both the petitioner and the beneficiary have a language barrier, I urge you to use a competent lawyer as opposed to doing it on your own.

All the best.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.