bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Are people hearing by post or online status? I'd like to know because I keep checking the online thing and it just feels so disappointing. When Jon and Mary got approved yesterday I felt so hopeful because they received a notice the same day as me and I have a feeling that the packets were together even though they filed later because mine was delayed in the post until 15th August. I thought I was lucky that CSC honoured the postmark on my packet rather than the physical receipt. Anyway, I had hoped that their packet and mine were very close together and still nothing :(

Sorry for rambling.

I'm glad to see CSC make a decent start on August filers. Congrats to those who've been approved :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Are people hearing by post or online status?

I've actually got a script that runs against the CSC approvals and emails me when the list changes, so I'm cheating a little. :)

I'd like to know because I keep checking the online thing and it just feels so disappointing. When Jon and Mary got approved yesterday I felt so hopeful because they received a notice the same day as me and I have a feeling that the packets were together even though they filed later because mine was delayed in the post until 15th August. I thought I was lucky that CSC honoured the postmark on my packet rather than the physical receipt. Anyway, I had hoped that their packet and mine were very close together and still nothing :(

Sorry for rambling.

I'm glad to see CSC make a decent start on August filers. Congrats to those who've been approved :)

It's so hard to say what goes on at the processing centers. It could be that yours was packaged in a different box, or any number of things. Most of them do seem to be from the first half of the month though, so who knows, you could be very very soon!

StP had the same notice date as me and that is when it really hit me hard as the days dragged on... I got approved a couple weeks later I think so it doesn't always work out like that - I am SURE you will hear something soon though!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

Thanks both for your replies. I keep checking Igor's list - it is very very good and saves checking around the forums. Though StP gave me a link to the VJ search results she used when she was updating manually and that was good too - except for the fact it refused to show sent date and that always irritated me. Which is why I like Igor's list. No offence StP - it was a VJ glitch. By the way, where is she? I miss her.

Ah well, another couple of weeks isn't anything really. I have to tell myself that because it's is really becoming stressful now. Basically because of the work situation I have here. I had given CSC their six months and allowed another couple of months for interview thinking that would be sufficient. It's so hard watching later approvals even though I am happy for them. Selfishly I want it to be ours too. I suppose it was the first time in a while I had felt a real sense of hope when I saw Jon and Mary's approval.

This might not be much comfort but...

When Jeremy and I applied and when we found out about the backlog/CSC mess we were thinking I wasn't going to get approved until about March/April. Once NVC got my case (a month after the approval) everything has moved so fast it is feasible that we could have made our original wedding date (decided not to chance it though).

Thing is we allowed ourselves 6-7 months. It took 5 months to get NOA2. So we figured it would be another 3 months to get the visa (based on the 6 month for the whole process, 90 days for NOA2 theory). Even with the huge delay, it still works out that we could have gone through the whole process in about 6-7 months (had we decided to go for it and get packet 3 ready to send of as soon as we had the LON number)

So even if you get your NOA2 late - it might not really throw things out all that much :) Keep the faith :D

*hugs*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Thanks both for your replies. I keep checking Igor's list - it is very very good and saves checking around the forums. Though StP gave me a link to the VJ search results she used when she was updating manually and that was good too - except for the fact it refused to show sent date and that always irritated me. Which is why I like Igor's list. No offence StP - it was a VJ glitch. By the way, where is she? I miss her.

Ah well, another couple of weeks isn't anything really. I have to tell myself that because it's is really becoming stressful now. Basically because of the work situation I have here. I had given CSC their six months and allowed another couple of months for interview thinking that would be sufficient. It's so hard watching later approvals even though I am happy for them. Selfishly I want it to be ours too. I suppose it was the first time in a while I had felt a real sense of hope when I saw Jon and Mary's approval.

If you ever lose a column, look at the top of the list where it says "enable advanced mode." Click that link and you'll get your columns back.

Hang in there kiddo, it's just around the corner! :thumbs:

"kiddo" :lol:

Moxie, you're so old :P:lol:

I have to dress as a Turk in a few minutes... and not those from FFVII/FFVII Advent Children (for geeks who know what I am on about)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
If you ever lose a column, look at the top of the list where it says "enable advanced mode." Click that link and you'll get your columns back.

Hang in there kiddo, it's just around the corner! :thumbs:

I can enable advanced mode and twiddle around hiding columns I don't want etc. The problem is, when I do that it mixes up the data and I end up with K1's from 2003 instead of the last 20 approvals :P Which is usually when I throw my teddy out of the cot and moan to you ;)

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure it will be very soon too :)

Timeline
This might not be much comfort but...

When Jeremy and I applied and when we found out about the backlog/CSC mess we were thinking I wasn't going to get approved until about March/April. Once NVC got my case (a month after the approval) everything has moved so fast it is feasible that we could have made our original wedding date (decided not to chance it though).

Thing is we allowed ourselves 6-7 months. It took 5 months to get NOA2. So we figured it would be another 3 months to get the visa (based on the 6 month for the whole process, 90 days for NOA2 theory). Even with the huge delay, it still works out that we could have gone through the whole process in about 6-7 months (had we decided to go for it and get packet 3 ready to send of as soon as we had the LON number)

So even if you get your NOA2 late - it might not really throw things out all that much :) Keep the faith :D

*hugs*

Thanks Aly. I had wondered about whether you could have made your original wedding date with the way things have gone. I think you made the right decision though. I think it would have been far too stressful trying to make everything fit into the jigsaw in time. Too many unknowns. You get to have so many celebrations of your wedding now I'm sure that when you look back in years to come you might even feel grateful you had the opportunity to share the experience with so many people. It's really quite an exciting and unusual means of doing things - and shows both yours and Jeremy's commitment to being together for the long haul!

I, on the other hand, was so relaxed about the process after that initial NOA1 worry that I've basically been plodding along thinking that I could basically go whenever it's ready, thinking that end of March/early April was plenty of time to have it all in the bag (well that would be 9 months I allowed)- until now that is! The past few weeks I've been really fretting about what I'm going to do for work when my current job ends and how long exactly i'm going to need one beyond that date. Mostly though, I'm just starting to feel dissatisfied with this temporary state of being.

It's weird how when you're waiting for NOA2 you have a time in mind (usually around the 5 month mark is reasonably safe) and so you know when you're within that time not to really expect anything. When it goes beyond 5 months it begins to get stressful, beyond six months the timeline is shot to pieces and you feel like you can't trust or believe in the process anymore. The people getting NOA2 in 3 months - I'm not sure I would have been prepared for a quick turn around like that. Yes, I want to be with Jesse as soon as I can but there are a lot of practical issues to consider. For me, six months down the road, the practical considerations are long sorted and I just want to have the next hurdle of this race in sight. NOA2 - NVC I don't care if it takes a month I just want to be inside the timeframe again. Hope that makes sense. :)

"kiddo" :lol:

Moxie, you're so old :P:lol:

Thhhpppppttttttttt! :D

I have to dress as a Turk in a few minutes... and not those from FFVII/FFVII Advent Children (for geeks who know what I am on about)

FF?!?! You're so old skool. :D

I can enable advanced mode and twiddle around hiding columns I don't want etc. The problem is, when I do that it mixes up the data and I end up with K1's from 2003 instead of the last 20 approvals :P Which is usually when I throw my teddy out of the cot and moan to you ;)

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure it will be very soon too :)

If you look at each of the columns they have an up arrow and a down arrow. Each of those arrows will sort either ascending or descending on that colum. (sorry if you already knew this, it just sounds like you may not be clicking on the proper arrow.)

Haha - not too old skool ;) I never had the NES games because they didn't come out in the UK - Jeremy did though (still does I think somewhere...) I *do* own the re-releases on PS though :D

babbles - you make perfect sense - you put it so much more eloquently about a 3 month turnaround than I do as well! I have really appreciated this taking so long - it has really straightened it out in my head that yes, it is a big deal but damn, do I want to marry this man if we are going through so much to make it happen - I think that is why I am not so worried about getting married as I am moving :)

*runs back to getting Turk'ed up*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

WOW so it's 6 of the 50 August Filers now!!!!! Great news!! Keep going CSC!!!

Congrats to all approved.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hi all, I'm still around; just been hugely busy and had all manner of ####### happening... nice to know I was missed though :)

got inked up today at New Scotland Yard! so that's one more thing out of the way... I didn't get a LOT of ink for my £60 so I'm considering lodging a complaint with the Met Police :lol:

there was a fire alarm test while I was there though - VERY exciting; urgent alarms echoing along the corridors and all the front doors going into lock-down - so the nice lady who had shepherded me through to the boring office where the fingerprint man was waiting behind a door, reading the paper (true) took me out the back way, and forgot to get my name badge back, so I at least got a souvenir for my money... of course the downside being that NSY records will show me as still in the building, so they're probably still in lock-down while they search the air ducts and drainage system :lol:

Natashabrenda, I considered that I had been so well and truly put in the shade by the spanking new Auto-List With Patented Bells and Whistles that I wouldn't need to do mine again... are you sure you still want it? I don't mind doing it if people like it but it just seems superfluous and rather primitive ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

STP ya actually I really like your list and I got used to yours.So if you are in the mood and don't feel pushed :yes pretty please with sugar on top?! :whistle::dance:

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.