allousa

Rome updated list, husband NOT on it!

26 posts in this topic

I just sent them another email with the info that you suggested. Hopefully they will tell me it's there, just not logged in.

I've been hoping that maybe they would expedite his file based on the year it was started. For example, our file starts with 2005 and I have been hoping that maybe they will assign it a priority since it's much older than say ones coming from 2007. But, I'm sure that many of us would agree that whatever system it is that they use...doesn't make sense!

It's just been so hard. When we first learned I was pregnant, we kept hoping that he would make it home to see our son born. Then we had hoped he would be home by his first birthday. I guess now we can only hope he'll be home by the time our son is two. We are just sooooo tired of being apart. :crying:

I can t imagine what you are going thru. I have been apart from my husband for almost a year now and it sucks. I am sorry you and your child have to suffer for this long. :(

when you write to rome or casa next time, try to include the info about your kid and how he is 2 years old now and that he needs to have his dad in his life. try to get them to see what you and your son are going thru because of this visa issue ..

best of luck :luv:

3sila

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this! I really can't imagine how hard it is being stuck in such a long wait with a young child, and not being able to share parental responsibilities, birthdays, etc. You seem, from the outside, to have been coping really well up to this point, and I really hope you're able to get some resolution soon. (F)

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I so remember that catch 22- you want to buy a ticket for travel and you start looking ahed when the prices are low but you fear the approval will ceme and so you wait, bu then it doesn't come. :wacko:

I would NOT worry about the file being lost. I've seen certain filers on VJ going through certain places where there is a backlog/high number of filers and their files appear to take longer to travel than otehr files. My gut feeling is that it arrived and is on the bottom of the stack and this is just unexpected tiem waiting that you did not count on which is why its so disappointing.

Rome updates their case list every two weeks?

Guess this means we're definitely going to Rome...huh? :)

Are you packed????

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

I so remember that catch 22- you want to buy a ticket for travel and you start looking ahed when the prices are low but you fear the approval will ceme and so you wait, bu then it doesn't come. :wacko:

I would NOT worry about the file being lost. I've seen certain filers on VJ going through certain places where there is a backlog/high number of filers and their files appear to take longer to travel than otehr files. My gut feeling is that it arrived and is on the bottom of the stack and this is just unexpected tiem waiting that you did not count on which is why its so disappointing.

Rome updates their case list every two weeks?

Guess this means we're definitely going to Rome...huh? :)

Are you packed????

Yallah! ;)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

It's definitely been hard sometimes. My husband, Hicham has been so supportive. We have been supportive to each other. Whenever one of us hits a rough patch, we get each other through. Hicham has actually been handling this last leg much better than me. I'm so ready for him to come home for so many reasons. I work full time and taking care of our little boy (and he's a handful :)) AND taking care of all the chores around the house....WHEW....I'm ready for some help.

But mostly, I miss my best friend. We both miss each other SO much. :(:crying:

Between all of my buddies on VJ and my friends in "real life" and my hubbie....I'll make it.

Timeline

Ya'll keep your paws crossed....

I just fired off a letter to our Congress Rep that is pretty impressive I must say. She has been trying to pass legislation targeting illegal immigrants. In my letter, I asked how can you tackle that problem when the "legal way" is so lengthy and so expensive. It's almost a deterrant to going by the legal way.

Wish us luck!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

The process is unbelievably slow. Those camels in your avatar could WALK to Rome faster than that diplomatic pouch seems to be moving.

Just maddening.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
In my letter, I asked how can you tackle that problem when the "legal way" is so lengthy and so expensive. It's almost a deterrant to going by the legal way.

Wish us luck!

Thank you! I told someone (well probably several people) that I can totally see illegal immigration after going through this! i'm always one to do things legally, but sheesh! They make illegal look so promising and easy comparitively (and cheap!!!). Granted you have deportation and detention issues, but still!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

I totally know what you mean! Alot of my friends have suggested sneaking him through the "southern" border (not meant as a racial slur to anyone...okay?) because I'd have better luck. I tell them that since he's an Arab they will most definitely detain him and deport him immediately! Know what I mean?

Timeline
The process is unbelievably slow. Those camels in your avatar could WALK to Rome faster than that diplomatic pouch seems to be moving.

Just maddening.

(F)

-MK

At times we have wondered if alot of the delays are due to the fact that he's Palestinian. Hicham says that he and his family have encountered prejudice against them many times (keep in mind they've been in Morocco since the late 60's) living in Morocco simply because they are Palestinian. Whose to say, though? I'm sure that we'll never know.

Timeline
In my letter, I asked how can you tackle that problem when the "legal way" is so lengthy and so expensive. It's almost a deterrant to going by the legal way.

Wish us luck!

Thank you! I told someone (well probably several people) that I can totally see illegal immigration after going through this! i'm always one to do things legally, but sheesh! They make illegal look so promising and easy comparitively (and cheap!!!). Granted you have deportation and detention issues, but still!

You are definitely preaching to the choir girlie!!!! When there was talk about giving the 12 million or so illegals in the U.S. amensty and fast tracking their citizenship, I just about went ballistic. I've written some government officials about this, but have gotten no response.

If Fed Ex can track a package any where in the world...how come that same technology cannot be applied to the Immigration system. #######????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.