HotOlive

Marriage & work permit

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What forms & documents will be needed once my Fiancée and son are with me in the USA so I can marry?

Here are the details & my questions to you wonderful people willing to help others expecting nothing in return. Hats off to all with that kind of heart.

My fiancée interview is coming up on August 9th in Manila Philippines. She has recently been annulled but the National Statistics Office (NSO) has not processed her annulment finality in the data base. She has all of her certified true copies up to that point of the registration on NSO database.

1. Apparently the NSO is up to 2 years behind in updating there data base according to one source? . Will this become a problem at the interview or once she is here and we want to marry?

2. Would it be wise for my fiancée to get one extra copy’s of all the annulment documents while in manila as she lives far from there? She only has one true copy of each now. She is a bit worried that at the interview in Manila they will take some of the true copy’s. Won’t she need these for us to get married in the USA?

3. What are all the copy’s required of my fiancée to bring from the Philippines to get married here in the USA?

4. Can I be working on some of the paper work to speed things up as far as marriage documentation that I will have to prepare as well as what forms I will need?

5. I have another unrelated question.. I have heard that JFK airport in New York Stamps Visa’s with temporary work permit? Is that true? I live in Washington State on the other side of the USA from there. My fiancée wants to work maybe 2 or 3 weeks once she has settled in a bit. Is this possible to get a temporary work permit like this? If it is true that they will stamp the visa with a temporary work permit is there a known airport closer or in Washington State that will do this? If so also what preparations will be needed to have the visa stamped? Or what requirements must be met at the airport to have it stamped? Like does she have to stay in the state issuing the work permit for a given time? or can she fly out 1 hour later and work here in my start of Washington?

6. Is there a closer airport that would issue this work permit for a K-1 visa?

Thanks so much for any help with these. I appreciate it all so much. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
What forms & documents will be needed once my Fiancée and son are with me in the USA so I can marry?

Here are the details & my questions to you wonderful people willing to help others expecting nothing in return. Hats off to all with that kind of heart.

My fiancée interview is coming up on August 9th in Manila Philippines. She has recently been annulled but the National Statistics Office (NSO) has not processed her annulment finality in the data base. She has all of her certified true copies up to that point of the registration on NSO database.

1. Apparently the NSO is up to 2 years behind in updating there data base according to one source? . Will this become a problem at the interview or once she is here and we want to marry?

2. Would it be wise for my fiancée to get one extra copy’s of all the annulment documents while in manila as she lives far from there? She only has one true copy of each now. She is a bit worried that at the interview in Manila they will take some of the true copy’s. Won’t she need these for us to get married in the USA?

3. What are all the copy’s required of my fiancée to bring from the Philippines to get married here in the USA?

4. Can I be working on some of the paper work to speed things up as far as marriage documentation that I will have to prepare as well as what forms I will need?

5. I have another unrelated question.. I have heard that JFK airport in New York Stamps Visa’s with temporary work permit? Is that true? I live in Washington State on the other side of the USA from there. My fiancée wants to work maybe 2 or 3 weeks once she has settled in a bit. Is this possible to get a temporary work permit like this? If it is true that they will stamp the visa with a temporary work permit is there a known airport closer or in Washington State that will do this? If so also what preparations will be needed to have the visa stamped? Or what requirements must be met at the airport to have it stamped? Like does she have to stay in the state issuing the work permit for a given time? or can she fly out 1 hour later and work here in my start of Washington?

She can get the temp EAD at JFK (only airport consistently issuing them), then go on to Washington and work there. The EAD will only be valid for the duration of her visa though (3 months) and then it will be about another 90 days after filing AOS before the 1 yr EAD is issued.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

She can get the temp EAD at JFK (only airport consistently issuing them), then go on to Washington and work there. The EAD will only be valid for the duration of her visa though (3 months) and then it will be about another 90 days after filing AOS before the 1 yr EAD is issued.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Can be a problem at interview, once here in the USA it is not a problem.

2) Make photo copies of them, and at the interview if they want a copy show them the origional, but only give them the photo copy to keep.

3) Just the anulment and visa prooves can marry.

4) Nothing to prepare, you go to your local town hall or clerk's office and file for a marriage license when the time comes.

5) JFK is the only known airport that still does the temp EAD stamp, though they can discontinue the practice at any time. The only reason they do this is to make it easier when dealing with SSA when the K-1 attempts to get an SSN. Fed law indicates that inorder for a person to apply for a marriage licenses they need a SSN, most states dont follow that law, but a few do, and K-1s tend to run into problems if they dont have the SSN.

K-1 visa is considered to be "Work authorized" with or without the EAD stamp, the period is the 90 days or the I-94 card.

6) Possibly San Fransisco, or DFW, but the only airport that is reported often as doing the stamp is JFK

Technically the K-1 visa expires the moment it is used for entry to the USA or 180 days from issuance whichever is first. The I-94 card expires 90 days after entry on the K-1. The K-1's expiration date has nothing to do with the expiration of the temp EAD, temp EAD expires at time of the I-94 card, not the visa.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thanks you for your reply's HotOlive. :dance:

Please fill in your timeline!!!

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.