Converse34

Would you risk it?

39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about getting there on time and I live SIX whole miles away......

Am I paranoid or what?!? :unsure::unsure:

Nope -- we're less than five miles away and we were on our way to the Embassy 2 hours before the interview. It must have been the fastest Archway-Selfridges bus journey I had ever taken -- 40 minutes at 6.30am. Never seen Oxford Street that empty!

Haha, I was the same - I lived all of three miles away, and was panicking because I'd only allowed myself an hour to get there - and even that wasn't remotely necessary at 7am, but never mind. The bus journey took 10 minutes - I think that was the first (and last) time a bus journey from home to Marble Arch ever took me less than an hour! :lol:

(edited)

Oh yeah, sorry... forgot to answer the question. Duh.

SEND HIM HOME A DAY EARLY!! Definitely... even if all went according to the plan with the flight the day before, there's no way the poor boy would be in any fit state for endless hanging around outside and inside the embassy. He'd be a gibbering wreck by the time the CO was ready for him! :blush:

Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
I wouldn't chance it... it'd be just bad luck, the one time you need everything to be on time, to get a delay somewhere along the line. You would also want to be refreshed before such an important interview, not worn out from a long plane journey and stressed out through immigration etc.

Most people find the interview to be a non event.

I have had delays with United, but not on Internatonal flights.

Ditto BA.

Probably because the planes are not on such a short turnaround.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I agree with the others, have him go home a day early.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Yeah...see we've had awful luck with BA on international flights, and they're always non-stop so can't use the short-turnaround excuse. It's very rare that they are on time, and Dan actually had one flight canceled due to weather, but luckily AA took on as many of the BA passengers as they could accommodate as they were still operating their Gatwick - DFW route. Once I had them charge my credit card double the fare...they did back it out about 3 days after the fact, but thank God it wasn't my debit card. I don't generally keep that sort of spare change in that account! The service seems to be pretty good - friendly and all. They just give the impression of being severely disorganized from our experiences.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Depends on the airline -- some are very reliable.

Which one's that then?

United, never had a problem.

Ditto BA.

Last time I flew Manchester to New York on BA they didn't load enough fuel to get us there so we had to stop and refuel in Connecticut. Made us two hours late which meant we missed our connecting flight.

On our flight home we had to take a BA shuttle from Heathrow to Manchester. Should've been a 35 minute flight... it arrived three hours late because of a malfunctioning warning light, followed by a passenger collapsing due to the air conditioning not working.

Never flown United but I'd be deeply impressed if they've never had a plane arrive late somewhere?

Mike and Jill's I-130 timeline

9 Jan 2007 - sent application for police record

11 Jan 2007 - posted I-130 off

17 Jan 2007 - I-130 officially filed

22 Feb 2007 - Mike received official job offer in the US

13 Apr 2007 - I-130 approved

21 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received

23 Apr 2007 - posted packet 3 to Embassy

25 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received at Embassy PO box

30 Apr 2007 - medical in London

30 Apr 2007 - received packet 4

7 Jun 2007 - interview - visa approved :-)))

9 Jun 2007 - received visa and mystery brown envelope

30 Jun 2007 - planning to move to US

Never flown United but I'd be deeply impressed if they've never had a plane arrive late somewhere?

:lol:

I wish this were true, but sadly not.

OK. So I gave in to peer pressure and sent him back yesterday. I have confirmed Conrad is in London and managed to find the hotel I booked. Interview tomorrow!!

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.