162 posts in this topic

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Today is my thursday! I had to sub for someone on Sunday so I am one day ahead.. then I still get Sat and Sunday off so it's a 3-day weekend :) Today we're buying Mensef things! We're having my Rabbi and his wife and 2 youngest children over for dinner in our non-dining-tabled house. Dh wants to do Mensef, and I already made stirfry wraps, so it's going to be completely eclectic.I thought if I do the wraps as an appetizer, then it won't look as odd. I also candied some rose petals last night and am going to put them on top of some chocolate cupcakes I am going to make for desert. I figured cupcakes are good because they are small servings and mostly because this way I can eat some tonight and not mess up a cake display.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

what is mensef? :unsure:

I have a wicked sore throat and today I work till 7 so I'm just sucking it up and putting one foot in front of the other. I think I caught something from the guy in front of me on the flight from Milan. Oh well such is life.

Hope everyone has a good one!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Happy hump day everyone!

pool14.jpg

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
what is mensef? :unsure:

http://www.sptsb.com/CityNoor13.jpg

It's like that above, only we're doing chicken instead of lamb. It's rice and meat, with a yogurt sauce. the yogurt doesn't taste like yogurt we think of though, it's like a buttery/salty kind of flavor with a slight tang. Basically, for those who hate yogurt (me), it's totally edible. It's traditional Jordanian-area food. We laughed on our excavation about the whole prodigal son (parable in the Bible) coming home to mensef.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:( my son freaked out when I left him at school... I heard him crying and screaming while I had to walk away... then I got into my work... Late.. and my boss said if I am having so many family issues maybe I should take a week off.... :( but I cant cause i have to support 4 people.. plus.. staying at home for a week.. would be pure H*LL :(

the doctor is up my A$$ today....

I wish I could run away

i feel like throwing up

Edited by deemabrouk

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

:( my son freaked out when I left him at school... I heard him crying and screaming while I had to walk away... then I got into my work... Late.. and my boss said if I am having so many family issues maybe I should take a week off.... :( but I cant cause i have to support 4 people.. plus.. staying at home for a week.. would be pure H*LL :(

the doctor is up my A$$ today....

I wish I could run away

i feel like throwing up

Dee, I'm afraid I am going to come off as being blunt, but honey when personal issues start to impact your life outside of your personal life, the time has come for some serious changes. I think we all know this at some level and it is easier said than done. I wish you the best. It sounds like you are drowning and can't get out. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

Yo Happy Wednesday! Laura, time to pull out your 'hump day' pic....you know the one (teal truck ;) )

Off to do paperwork at my desk for a few hours then measure a house or two. It's my day off so I can wander around at my leisure.

Note to self: never try to switch the dining room with the living room again. :blush: It was a good idea at the time,,but silly :lol:

Have a great day mena peeps.

Jackie (F)

dee hopes your day gets better

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey all. Glad it's hump day, will be happier when it's Friday. The heat is killing me. Out in it for four hours. The money is good though, don't want to pass that up. How's everyone doing here. Just checking in. Sure you guys missed me...that was a joke, don't take it seriously.

Have a great Humpty Dumpty Day! :wacko:

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

woohoo, lunch time on the east coast....my day is half over but I always find myself running on Cairo time! :lol: My fiance took a couple days off to "do paperwork" so I guess he got packet 3 (I am engaged to the most stubborn man in the world, I keep asking him about packet 3 but he would tell me he doesn't have it even if he does because he likes to TEASE....well, he doesn't know how bad *I* can tease so...:lol:)

I have no idea what I want to eat for lunch...maybe something from panera bread or subway or something :star:

Dee, hope your day gets a lot better!

Divorced. To hell with him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.