LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Aw, come on, you can vent to us. Tell us what is wrong.

Don't leave us hangin' man!!!

P.S. - Yes, that baby is gorgeous :)

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Timeline
** Texas! [/vent]

That might take a while. Would you prefer alphabetically, or geographically?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

They haven't done anything in Texas. Processing plain stopped. Always the fcuking TSC. Hence, ** Texas!

Maybe it should be ** USCIS instead of Texas :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

They haven't done anything in Texas. Processing plain stopped. Always the fcuking TSC. Hence, ** Texas!

??

Maybe I'm confused. You got an NOA incredibly fast compared to most other service centers. And it has been less than two months since you applied. Sure, you can vent, but are you really getting things in perspective? Is the delay really holding your life back in any way? Or maybe I don't know the full story.

(That's probably a comment to most people who seem the think they have the right for immediate approvals, not just you by the way. I'm not really sure where everyone got it into their head that I-751s are supposed to be fast? Was I off school that day?)

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

??

Maybe I'm confused. You got an NOA incredibly fast compared to most other service centers. And it has been less than two months since you applied. Sure, you can vent, but are you really getting things in perspective? Is the delay really holding your life back in any way? Or maybe I don't know the full story.

(That's probably a comment to most people who seem the think they have the right for immediate approvals, not just you by the way. I'm not really sure where everyone got it into their head that I-751s are supposed to be fast? Was I off school that day?)

the frustration methinks (and you can correct me on this Reinhard!) is that he might have gotten his NOA1 quickly, but all of a sudden Texas has gotten super-slow with sending the biometric appointment information. I say all of a sudden, as I applied only a month and half before he did (may) and had my biometrics completed within a month of my NOA1, he'd already been waiting a month and a half.

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline
??

the frustration methinks (and you can correct me on this Reinhard!) is that he might have gotten his NOA1 quickly, but all of a sudden Texas has gotten super-slow with sending the biometric appointment information. I say all of a sudden, as I applied only a month and half before he did (may) and had my biometrics completed within a month of my NOA1, he'd already been waiting a month and a half.

Exactly. I don't really care how long this ####### takes as long as they get it done within a year and change so that this process won't hold up the naturalization. We just need the damn bios out of the way so Nani can make her long awaited trip back home without the hassle of having to worry about re-scheduling the damn bio appointment. Nani is looking to make an extended trip home with our daughter towards the end of the year while I will be undertaking some extensive business travelling before spending some vacation time in Ethiopia with the family.

It just gets in the way when this Service Center all of a sudden stops working while folks at other centers - most notably the CSC - get the whole friggin' process done within less time than it will take for us just to get a biometrics appointment. I'm just so friggin' tired of the USCIS and all it's bullshite!

So, yes, this delay is having quite a negative impact on our life.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

??

Exactly. I don't really care how long this ####### takes as long as they get it done within a year and change so that this process won't hold up the naturalization. We just need the damn bios out of the way so Nani can make her long awaited trip back home without the hassle of having to worry about re-scheduling the damn bio appointment. Nani is looking to make an extended trip home with our daughter towards the end of the year while I will be undertaking some extensive business travelling before spending some vacation time in Ethiopia with the family.

It just gets in the way when this Service Center all of a sudden stops working while folks at other centers - most notably the CSC - get the whole friggin' process done within less time than it will take for us just to get a biometrics appointment. I'm just so friggin' tired of the USCIS and all it's bullshite!

OK Understood. But in all fairness, I think we have all learned that you really can't compare one service center to another. I remember way back when CSC would process K1s in a year, and VSC took 3 months. Yeah, it's all shite, but aren't we used to that now? :yes:

By the way, as far as I can tell, applying for naturalization can go ahead whether or not an I-751 has gone through so you don't need to worry about that. I'm sure someone will come along and say that's not correct. :P

Hope it flies through for you anyway. :yes:

Edited by Lou Lou

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
??

OK Understood. But in all fairness, I think we have all learned that you really can't compare one service center to another. I remember way back when CSC would process K1s in a year, and VSC took 3 months. Yeah, it's all shite, but aren't we used to that now? :yes:

By the way, as far as I can tell, applying for naturalization can go ahead whether or not an I-751 has gone through so you don't need to worry about that. I'm sure someone will come along and say that's not correct. :P

Hope it flies through for you anyway. :yes:

i have heard you can file for naturalization if your I-751 is still pending but they will process the I-751 first before they process the naturalization.... or something like that...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I agree with you about TSC. It took a year and a half for them to process our K-1 (luckily we were transferred to CSC for our AOS) and now we have just submitted the I-751, so I feel as though we have a long old wait again.

Hope you hear from them soon.

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

Or you could be dealing with the Nebraska Service Center, which always sucks.

It was slow for the K-1. it is now the slowest for the I-751.

Gotta love the NSC.

I know, let double the fees, thats gotta help right?

Marilyn and Peter.

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.