deadbird

Baby you can drive my car...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Medo wants a GMC sierra truck and im ok with that. I cant get any thing in the mustang when i go shopping. Also he is planing to go to Cairo to get a international licence. Can he use this in the states? I asked a cop and he didnt even know :blink:

Untitled.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband had an international liscense and you can have one here in missouri. I just added him to my insurance and he "learned" how to drive correctly the american way on it. Then he took his test. But i have read that some states don't allow it. I checked with the Division of Motor Vehicles and my insurance agent and found out it was good in my state. If it is, its a great way for them to learn on! Teaching them to drive is sooooooo much fun! :devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Connecticut allows the international driver's license too and I told Ramy he should get one. Both of his parents had them.

Ramy learned to drive here but returned to Egypt before he got his license sooooo....... :rolleyes: he PROBABLY will be ok.

His father prefered the big old 80's Buicks and Pontiacs, but he drove SO slow. When I was driving with him after buying their car (they had a 1988 Pontiac 6000, and I drove it till the wheel fell off) he kept telling me to slow down until I was doing 25...in a 40 zone. hahaha. Then when I got to Cairo and saw how he drives there, I could NOT believe it. He scolded me for driving too fast again when he found out I had been doing 50 when the wheel broke off and I slid 300 feet.

His mother, after driving here for the two years they lived here, has refused to drive in Cairo ever since they returned (going on 6 years in August!) She said that she's too nervous of a driver now whereas she never had a problem before.

And then there's me...after returning from Egypt I've been a menace on the road even though I didn't drive there. I'm making myself get better about it because if I ever got pulled over for some of the stuff I pulled....

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My hubby has a Renault now. When he was here in the States, he had a POS Nissan Sentra. I don't think there wasn't a panel on that car that didn't have a scratch or major dents. AGH!!!! I hated that car.

He is talking about maybe getting a truck when he gets back. My dream car is a Mazda CX-9.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Medo wants a GMC sierra truck and im ok with that. I cant get any thing in the mustang when i go shopping. Also he is planing to go to Cairo to get a international licence. Can he use this in the states? I asked a cop and he didnt even know :blink:

check with your state's dmv. kansas won't recognize them, other states will. so it's a tossup.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Amed drives a Taurus now. It's paid for, so I think we'll keep it for awhile, as long as it works well. He REALLY wants a VW Passat, though. He's not too into Hummers. He likes Lincoln Towncars for some reason. I told him that those are for getting someone else to drive you around in, not driving it yourself.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yes, unforunately most MENA men are obssessed with Hummers... and pre-Iraq they were obssed with Toyota Landcruisers. But elhamdullah my husband much prefers the French Peugeot 300 series while I prefer the VW Jetta.:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Anyone else find that their ME/NA SO is absolutely OBSESSED with Hummers? My fiance tells me he dreams about driving one in the states :blink: He calls them Hammers though... :lol:

I have no idea what kind of car he has right now as he just got a different car, and all he told me about it is that it's red, "to match (my) car." (I drive a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am....and before anyone tells me to get rid of it and run as fast as I can, believe me I KNOW!!! I want an 80's Saab!!!)

...as much as I DON'T like Hummers...I'm thinking of renting a stretch Hummer for our wedding. Right, like I can afford this...but it would make him sooooooo happy! :whistle: Stretch hummers have fireplaces.

Sounds so familiar. My husband loves those cars. He thinks Hummers are a really big deal. I told him that imo, Range Rovers are the stuff.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yes, unforunately most MENA men are obssessed with Hummers...

lots of american men are too :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.