deadbird

Cairo confusion

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok....after my post about Cairo embassy's interview thing where people were asking me if they had the right phone number and address, I went back to my paperwork to see if they had a phone number at all. Yes, it's correct.

But I noticed his ADDRESS is missing the section of the city he lives in, mainly because we didn't know where to put it and thought the street was enough.

For example, if someone lives in Heliopolis, Cairo, where were we supposed to put Heliopolis (he doesn't, btw, just an example). I think the only place where this section/town shows up on our application is in the space where he had to write his address in Arabic, but it doesn't show up anywhere else. Am I worrying for nothing?

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had the same problem I think your worrying too much. Just put all the info down in a "logical to you order" and I am sure it will be fine, the form is a little off for the way cairo addresses work and Im sure the conuslate is aware of that. :) good luck don't worry I think the go off the written arabic anyways in this case.

Someone told me this once and it has been really helpful in this most stressful of processes.

"Nearly all the things I worry about never happen anyways"

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline
I had the same problem I think your worrying too much. Just put all the info down in a "logical to you order" and I am sure it will be fine, the form is a little off for the way cairo addresses work and Im sure the conuslate is aware of that. :) good luck don't worry I think the go off the written arabic anyways in this case.

Someone told me this once and it has been really helpful in this most stressful of processes.

"Nearly all the things I worry about never happen anyways"

:yes: I definitely worry too much. Thanks though, I figure if they have a problem hopefully they would call him. The form is not only off for how Cairo addresses work, but Egyptian names too....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wouldnt under estimiate the stupidness of the Cairo Embassy... They said they didnt mail out the packet 3 cause they didnt have his "correct" address... which was complete BS... cause then I emailed them the SAME address on ALL of our papers.. and again we never recieved the Packet 3..

To be one the safe side... I would Def. email the embassy with your concern.. Full Address with the apart of the city in BOLD letters...

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline
I wouldnt under estimiate the stupidness of the Cairo Embassy... They said they didnt mail out the packet 3 cause they didnt have his "correct" address... which was complete BS... cause then I emailed them the SAME address on ALL of our papers.. and again we never recieved the Packet 3..

To be one the safe side... I would Def. email the embassy with your concern.. Full Address with the apart of the city in BOLD letters...

I already emailed the embassy, no replies.

In the meantime, what did you send them to get the interview date? My fiance has his paperwork in order but hasn't scheduled his medical because he was waiting for packet 3 before doing so. I'd like him to do it before then and all I found are vague lists about what's in packet 3.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had the same problem they said they had the wrong address but the didn't! If you have not recieved your packet 3 and it has been a month since you received your Noa2 I would call the embassy and email every couple days till you get a conclusive response. In the email state your address, case number, names and and outline of what has been going on so far. They will get back to you in about 3-5 days, If you don't include the address they just send an e-mail asking for the coorect address(even though they proablly hve it). We finally had to go get ours in person after two failed delivery attempts! My letters always get there but dhl has a hard time :( I think it took about 5 e-mails for us to get the packet and two calls , it seemed to be a lot of unneeded confusion and delay. So just stay on it, you can't move ahead without it. He has his passport right? We had forgot that which was an additional delay :(

Good luck

water girl

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline
I had the same problem they said they had the wrong address but the didn't! If you have not recieved your packet 3 and it has been a month since you received your Noa2 I would call the embassy and email every couple days till you get a conclusive response. In the email state your address, case number, names and and outline of what has been going on so far. They will get back to you in about 3-5 days, If you don't include the address they just send an e-mail asking for the coorect address(even though they proablly hve it). We finally had to go get ours in person after two failed delivery attempts! My letters always get there but dhl has a hard time :( I think it took about 5 e-mails for us to get the packet and two calls , it seemed to be a lot of unneeded confusion and delay. So just stay on it, you can't move ahead without it. He has his passport right? We had forgot that which was an additional delay :(

Good luck

water girl

Yep, he has his passport :). It's only been about 2 weeks since NOA2 so we're not freaking out yet or anything, just want to be prepared. Why would DHL have a hard time? I just sent a 1.9 pound letter to my fiance through them and stalked it with online tracking, and he had no problems. It got to him in 3 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.