chipsahoy

2 Days of Medical

24 posts in this topic

I had my medical last July 26 & 27.. Everything seemed okay until I went back on my second day to get the result.. The guard directed me to go to Window A for further processing instead of going to the 2nd floor for the immunization.. From then, I knew and was expecting that there was a problem with my xray. And I wasn't wrong. The radiologist told me that they've found abnormalities in my lungs that was why they have had to make another series of xrays again which they called Apico Xray and Lateral Side Xray.. (Is this because I had history of tuberculosis?)

I was diagnosed of having a minimal PTB last January 25, 2007 and I just finished my medication last July 25 (a day before my medical).. On my first day medical, I brought all necessary (medical) papers that the SLEC's doctor might solicit from me (including my medical certificate). But to my disappointment, she only asked what medicines I took, so I showed her all the prescription given by my doctor for the last 6-months. I even handed her my medical certificate and she just told me "This is not what I want". (Arghhh!! How can she be soo crabbed?! :crying: ).

My questions are:

1. Could it be possible that they would still ask me to undergo another treatment (though I already completed the 6-months medication)? Or that series of x-ray was just for rechecking?

2. If they would like to check if there is still a symptom of TB via sputum test, when will they let me do that? As soon as they have the result of 2nd xray? Or they SHOULD have asked me to do that on the second day I was there?

2. If (IF!) I failed my medical exam (I'm not being pessimistic here, just looking at both sides), will SLEC still get my passport and forward it to USE for my interview? Or would SLEC inform me that I didn't pass the medical stage and tell me not to attend the interview anymore? :help:

Can anybody who also underwent this phase or knows something about this case cast some light? :D Thank you in advance..

Julie

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Julie so sad to hear about ur medical exam result im just here to give you my support, sorry tho i cant give u any answer regarding to ur situation but im hoping everything went fine, im going to have my medical exam by monday and do hope everything is fine also in my end...

I saw ate Helen are also member here in VJ she will probably can answer ur question bec she knows eveything about medical prob right ate Helen? she been the one who advise me on what to do also, so i bet she can u give u her good advise...

Just hold on and Eveything is doin fine, dont lose hope and always Pray to God he gonna help you..By the way see you there on our Upcoming interview...

Smile

August 27-2005- Met online on Fh

September 20-2005- bf/gf

April 21- 2006- First Visit ( 10 days)

Feb 15-2007 - Filed I-129F Sent to CSC

April 11-2007 - Noa1 recieved

May 12-2007 - Second Visit ( 19 days)

June 07-2007- Noa2 recieved verify thru email

June 16- 2007- Noa2 received hardcopy

June 22-2007- Appointment letter received

July 30-2007- Medical interview ( 7:00 am) passed

August 07-2007- Embassy Interview ( 7:30 am) passed thank god

August 15- 2007- Visa shipment out for delivery ( waiting)

August 17, 2007 - Finally visa in hand thanks God

September 20, 2007- POE- honolulu

Timeline

hi julie,

im sorry but i can't answer anything on your questions..i will just pray that you will not have to undergo another medication as it seems that it will last around 6 months.. i hope everything will be okay coz you're interview is coming closer...

goodluck :thumbs:

rea

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Good thing you went for an early medical. You'll be fine.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Timeline
I had my medical last July 26 & 27.. Everything seemed okay until I went back on my second day to get the result.. The guard directed me to go to Window A for further processing instead of going to the 2nd floor for the immunization.. From then, I knew and was expecting that there was a problem with my xray. And I wasn't wrong. The radiologist told me that they've found abnormalities in my lungs that was why they have had to make another series of xrays again which they called Apico Xray and Lateral Side Xray.. (Is this because I had history of tuberculosis?)

I was diagnosed of having a minimal PTB last January 25, 2007 and I just finished my medication last July 25 (a day before my medical).. On my first day medical, I brought all necessary (medical) papers that the SLEC's doctor might solicit from me (including my medical certificate). But to my disappointment, she only asked what medicines I took, so I showed her all the prescription given by my doctor for the last 6-months. I even handed her my medical certificate and she just told me "This is not what I want". (Arghhh!! How can she be soo crabbed?! :crying: ).

My questions are:

1. Could it be possible that they would still ask me to undergo another treatment (though I already completed the 6-months medication)? Or that series of x-ray was just for rechecking?

2. If they would like to check if there is still a symptom of TB via sputum test, when will they let me do that? As soon as they have the result of 2nd xray? Or they SHOULD have asked me to do that on the second day I was there?

2. If (IF!) I failed my medical exam (I'm not being pessimistic here, just looking at both sides), will SLEC still get my passport and forward it to USE for my interview? Or would SLEC inform me that I didn't pass the medical stage and tell me not to attend the interview anymore? :help:

Can anybody who also underwent this phase or knows something about this case cast some light? :D Thank you in advance..

Julie

hi there....first of all im sorry to hear about your situation...it really is not okey when situations such as like this come are way but i know you will be able to surpass this...anyway, i did not undergo your situation so i really cant answer some of your questions but as far as im concerned with regards to you having minimal PTB thats curable and as you said you finished your 6 months treatment so if you underwent your treatment religiously then you are ok but unfortunately x-rays can detect if you have PTB or HAD have PTB so the APico and Lateral side x-ray is a procedure to double check what is wrong....i hope you will be soon okey...GOd Bless and Good Luck.... :):):)

jay]andnel

timeline........ K1

March 2005..................................1st met

December 2005........................... proposed

January 10,2007.......................... I-129 filed at CSC

January 19,2007.......................... NOA1 email notification

April 5, 2007............................... NAO2 email notification(approved)

April 25,2007.............................. NVC recieved

May 5, 2007 .............................. approved I-129f forwarded to the USE-manila

packet 4 never recieved

June 25-26, 2007........................ early medical appointment

July 10, 2007.............................. interview date (APPROVED)

July 16, 2007.............................. visa actually, really, already in hand :-)

August 6, 2007............................ arrived -US

My question now is:

If ever I will have a 3-day sputum test starting on tuesday and finish it on thursday (July 31-August 2). Would it still affect my interview next week which is August 07? :help:

Timeline

I don't think so. I met a girl at SLEC when I did my early medical, she did hers just on the scheduled date. That was July 6 (my 2nd day of medical, and her third day), she was asked to go back July 9 for the results of the other tests she had. She was already in panic because her interview schedule is on the 10th. The people at SLEC just told her that once they have her results on the 9th then she can already have her immunization and she will be ok to go to her interview the next day.

My question now is:

If ever I will have a 3-day sputum test starting on tuesday and finish it on thursday (July 31-August 2). Would it still affect my interview next week which is August 07? :help:

Julie,

First, I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time at SLEC. Sometimes, because of the so many patients/applicants they see, they can be exhausted and tend to be rude.

For patients with previous PTB (treated, untreated, partially treated, undertreated, etc...), you can still see some "scars" on the CXR (fibronodular, fibrocalcifications, etc...) and if the radiologist is uncertain if it is active or not, they may request for another CXR views like the apicolordotic view, since PTB mostly stays in the upper part of the lungs (apices). Did you bring your previous CXR plates at SLEC when you had your medical exam? Because what they could have done is to make comparison with your previous CXR films, so they will know that it is an old one (healing or scar or a new/reactivated TB).

Since you just had finished with your treatment (I supposed you were given a quadruple therapy?), there maybe some "remnants" that they can see on your CXR films (Although some CXR films will reveal totally "negative" results with no scars/remnants). And having those other "CXR views" would make them determine if it is active or not. Although activity is better determined by the AFB sputum exam. Most probably if they are not satisfied with the results, you will be subjected to undergo AFB sputum exams for 3 consecutive mornings. If you had done this prior to your treatment (and 2 months after that and on the 6th month of treatment), then you know the drill. If you had done this, it would have been also better to bring the "lab results" on your follow-up at SLEC so they will know that you're already "negative" and not longer have active PTB. Also bring the previous CXR films you have (before your treatment, during your treatment and after your treatment, if you have these). It is always better to bring medical certificates and all the laboratory results done so they will know what treatments were given and for how long and if on follow-ups, you are already negative and deemed "healed"/"cured". But even with treatment, PTB can still reactivate and/or a new PTB infection can set in.

Most Doctors (especially in the Health Centers and some Gov't Hospitals), they would stop treatment on the 6th month, which is the minimum for treating PTB. But if we follow the WHO/DOH and the PCCP and ACP Guidelines, treatment should depend on the CXR and sputum follow-ups.

If SLEC will make you do the sputum AFB and 2 out of the 3 will be positive, then you will have to undergo another series of treatment and that would certainly delay your interview. But if the sputum AFB will be negative, then they will clear you and submit the medical results including "remarks" to USEM. SLEC Panel Physicians do not "DENY" applicants, they will submit their findings and it will be up to USEM CO (the adjudicator) to decide if you will be eligible for the visa. But don't worry too much about it. By the way, stress can lower your immune system and maybe a reason for a PTB reactivation.

Keep your hopes high and keep a healthy lifestyle. Not too much stress, have plenty of rest to boost your immune system. Good Luck and God Bless!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

My question now is:

Julie,

First, I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time at SLEC. Sometimes, because of the so many patients/applicants they see, they can be exhausted and tend to be rude.

For patients with previous PTB (treated, untreated, partially treated, undertreated, etc...), you can still see some "scars" on the CXR (fibronodular, fibrocalcifications, etc...) and if the radiologist is uncertain if it is active or not, they may request for another CXR views like the apicolordotic view, since PTB mostly stays in the upper part of the lungs (apices). Did you bring your previous CXR plates at SLEC when you had your medical exam? Because what they could have done is to make comparison with your previous CXR films, so they will know that it is an old one (healing or scar or a new/reactivated TB).

Since you just had finished with your treatment (I supposed you were given a quadruple therapy?), there maybe some "remnants" that they can see on your CXR films (Although some CXR films will reveal totally "negative" results with no scars/remnants). And having those other "CXR views" would make them determine if it is active or not. Although activity is better determined by the AFB sputum exam. Most probably if they are not satisfied with the results, you will be subjected to undergo AFB sputum exams for 3 consecutive mornings. If you had done this prior to your treatment (and 2 months after that and on the 6th month of treatment), then you know the drill. If you had done this, it would have been also better to bring the "lab results" on your follow-up at SLEC so they will know that you're already "negative" and not longer have active PTB. Also bring the previous CXR films you have (before your treatment, during your treatment and after your treatment, if you have these). It is always better to bring medical certificates and all the laboratory results done so they will know what treatments were given and for how long and if on follow-ups, you are already negative and deemed "healed"/"cured". But even with treatment, PTB can still reactivate and/or a new PTB infection can set in.

Most Doctors (especially in the Health Centers and some Gov't Hospitals), they would stop treatment on the 6th month, which is the minimum for treating PTB. But if we follow the WHO/DOH and the PCCP and ACP Guidelines, treatment should depend on the CXR and sputum follow-ups.

If SLEC will make you do the sputum AFB and 2 out of the 3 will be positive, then you will have to undergo another series of treatment and that would certainly delay your interview. But if the sputum AFB will be negative, then they will clear you and submit the medical results including "remarks" to USEM. SLEC Panel Physicians do not "DENY" applicants, they will submit their findings and it will be up to USEM CO (the adjudicator) to decide if you will be eligible for the visa. But don't worry too much about it. By the way, stress can lower your immune system and maybe a reason for a PTB reactivation.

Keep your hopes high and keep a healthy lifestyle. Not too much stress, have plenty of rest to boost your immune system. Good Luck and God Bless!

I have nothing to say... just wanted to give Helen a pat on the back. You are the best! :thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

My questions are:

Julie

hey girl im sorry to hear about ur situation! Just think positive and everything will be alright! juz bring all ur medical proofs... I hope u can go to ur interview on the 7th. GOOD LUCK! i know u can make it! May GOD BLESS YOU always! ;)

K3 VISA:

09/20/06 - I-130 Sent

10/03/06 - I-129F sent.

10/10/06- I-129F NOA1

11/28/06 - BOTH I-129F & I-130 approved!!!!

12/27/06 - NVC Left case no. assigned MNL 200685XXXX

01/26/07 - Received Packet 3

02/27/07 - Received Packet 4

03/01-02/07 - Done with my Medical Appointment at St. Lukes

04/17/07 - Interview at U.S Embassy - got the blue slip..on AR

07/05/07 - Went back to US Embassy submitted new affidavit of support for my K3, we'll wait for decision, still on AR

07/24/07 - OMG!!!! I cant believe it I got my K3 Visa in hand!!!

08/09/07 - Arrival in the U.S - POE at LAX

AOS:

08/27/07 - Sent AOS and EAD

08/29/07 - Chicago Lockbox received both AOS and EAD

09/18/07 - Checks cashed 09/21/07 - NOA on both AOS and EAD

09/27/07 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

10/18/07 - Biometrics

10/19/07 - Received RFE

10/26/07 - USCIS received the response to our RFE

11/05/07 - EAD Card Production ordered

11/16/07 - EAD Card received

11/26/07 - Received interview notice

01/25/08 - Interview Date!!!! APPROVED!!!

04/18/08 - At long last! GC Card production ordered

04/21/08 - Email noticed welcome letter

04/23/08 - Email card production again

04/25/08 - Welcome Letter received

04/30/08 - Greencard received

Thanks everyone. Especially vsmtghdy. Very informative reply! :thumbs: I wasnt wronged about my surmise that I will have my sputum test. I started it yesterday (Tuesday) and will finish tomorrow.. I pray and hope that this will be the last phase I will go through in SLEC (aside from Immunization) coz I heard from someone that her fiancee's interview was cancelled because she still have to undergo pulmonary check. What's that? I thought once the sputum test is done, then it's done. I meant, they'll inform you if you (still) have active TB or none. *sigghhh*...

Thanks everyone. Especially vsmtghdy. Very informative reply! :thumbs: I wasnt wronged about my surmise that I will have my sputum test. I started it yesterday (Tuesday) and will finish tomorrow.. I pray and hope that this will be the last phase I will go through in SLEC (aside from Immunization) coz I heard from someone that her fiancee's interview was cancelled because she still have to undergo pulmonary check. What's that? I thought once the sputum test is done, then it's done. I meant, they'll inform you if you (still) have active TB or none. *sigghhh*...

The Pulmonary check is for the Lungs..... Good Luck to you!!!! Sorry to hear that you are going through this, but keep a positive attitude and it will be all ok! Danny and Ruchie :thumbs:

Claudeth and I will pray for you. We hope all will be ok and you can be reunited with your loved on as quickly as possible. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.