Ken_and_Grace

Need help understanding section 221 (g)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I need some help and answers:

My wife went to her Visa Center Interview on July 26, 2007 at the Ameican Consulate in Jakarta Indonesia. Our case is a complicated case whereas we had to use a couple of waviers with the immigrant Visa Package. We have been married for over 3 years now and we have a 19 month old son. I have our son with me. Of course we have an approved I-130 petition. She had and order of deportation and departed voluntarily on July 1, 2006. We use the waivers and added hardship case with me because I am a 36 year old combat veteran with Type I Diabetes, working and taking care of our son and taking care of my wife overseas.

They asked her a question in the interview that she forgot about and she didn't know it but her answer made her appear to lie. When confronted she remembered and tried to explain the situation. Her English is a little limited.

They handed her a paper after the interview which was a Section 221(g) and the instructions were: "Administratve processing. We will contact you to process your case further".

They asked her to make copies of the waivers and bring them back to the embassey. upon leaving she looked at the guy and said, "I am sorry, I didn't mean to lie to you. (or something to that effect). He told her, "that's ok". (I don't know if he was sincere or not).

My question is, Does anyone know of anyone or has anyone experienced this and I am also trying to find out if these 221(g)'s with the Administrative procdessing. We will contact you to process your case further sections ofthen get approved or rejected. I can't really find many answers or much information on personal level about this on the web.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Getting a 221(g) is not uncommon in some consulates. It is basically they are going to verify the information that was submitted, do an investigation into the background if something is questionable or waiting for her name checks to complete. Once they complete their investigation, gotten the name checks back completed and cleared then they will contact the applicant. AP does not have a time limit and once they are ready to proceed they will contact your wife to come back or if they kept her passport and she paid a fee they can have it delivered to her via a courrier. Good luck and hope your AP goes fastly.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

I have recently experienced this myself. Thanks to wonderful people like maryandmian and others or else I was so devastated myself. But I now have a better understanding of this section. They can put your case in AP for a lot of different reasons. The best thing to do is just to wait. In my case,they have asked for all our relatives contact information. We submitted that about 18 days ago, but for some reason they got that only just yesterday.

I have been sending e-mail to consulate in New Delhi,and finally after almost 14 days they replied to my mail. So all I could tell you is that for New Delhi embassy, the time frame is anywhere between 3 weeks to 4 months. I know that's not what we want to hear but let's just pray that we get a speedy AP. Once they verify the info they needed,your case will be approved. So don't worry!

Let me know if I could help by answering any other questions.

All the best

Preet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been in the same 221g with my finance for almost 2 years. They sent our paperwork back to California in March 2007. It took almost a year to get that far and then this. Still waiting. It is almost August.

I need some help and answers:

My wife went to her Visa Center Interview on July 26, 2007 at the Ameican Consulate in Jakarta Indonesia. Our case is a complicated case whereas we had to use a couple of waviers with the immigrant Visa Package. We have been married for over 3 years now and we have a 19 month old son. I have our son with me. Of course we have an approved I-130 petition. She had and order of deportation and departed voluntarily on July 1, 2006. We use the waivers and added hardship case with me because I am a 36 year old combat veteran with Type I Diabetes, working and taking care of our son and taking care of my wife overseas.

They asked her a question in the interview that she forgot about and she didn't know it but her answer made her appear to lie. When confronted she remembered and tried to explain the situation. Her English is a little limited.

They handed her a paper after the interview which was a Section 221(g) and the instructions were: "Administratve processing. We will contact you to process your case further".

They asked her to make copies of the waivers and bring them back to the embassey. upon leaving she looked at the guy and said, "I am sorry, I didn't mean to lie to you. (or something to that effect). He told her, "that's ok". (I don't know if he was sincere or not).

My question is, Does anyone know of anyone or has anyone experienced this and I am also trying to find out if these 221(g)'s with the Administrative procdessing. We will contact you to process your case further sections ofthen get approved or rejected. I can't really find many answers or much information on personal level about this on the web.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.