andywv

dcf advice ,due to csc delays

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all , has/can anyone tell me how long the process takes if you do a direct consular filing ? we tried this but they said my wife {u.s. citizen} has wrong stamp in her passport llr not ilr ,i think! anyway , i am thinking of withdrawing my application {I-130} from csc ,they are so messed up ,cant even update there processing times!,and going for dcf ,anyhelp /advise appreciated,thanks ,andy.

Hi all , has/can anyone tell me how long the process takes if you do a direct consular filing ? we tried this but they said my wife {u.s. citizen} has wrong stamp in her passport llr not ilr ,i think! anyway , i am thinking of withdrawing my application {I-130} from csc ,they are so messed up ,cant even update there processing times!,and going for dcf ,anyhelp /advise appreciated,thanks ,andy.

Depends where you both live, some countries take longer to process than others. It also depends on the residency requirements for said country. If you can provide more details, folks can give you more accurate answers. As a DCF'er I can tell you it's better.... even if you deal with the Consulate in MTL which is insane :wacko:

Oh, and as time goes by in your process :time:, it helps us all

Good luck, L.

Edited by Len_and_Bren

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The consulates that do accept DCF have varying residency requirements for the US Citizen living in the foreign country, varying from a few days to a year or more.

You need to fill in the details of your profile, there is no country named "N/A"

UK:

Who can file their I-130/I-360 at the London Field Office?

The USCIS London Field Office has jurisdiction for adjudicating I-130 and I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who have permission to reside AND who do principally reside in the United Kingdom.

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

The consulates that do accept DCF have varying residency requirements for the US Citizen living in the foreign country, varying from a few days to a year or more.

You need to fill in the details of your profile, there is no country named "N/A"

UK:

Who can file their I-130/I-360 at the London Field Office?

The USCIS London Field Office has jurisdiction for adjudicating I-130 and I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who have permission to reside AND who do principally reside in the United Kingdom.

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

thanks for the reply ,we are u.k. based ,so our embassy is london ,they dont say if there is a time limit on how long my wife has had to have been residing here ,any ideas??

Depends where you both live, some countries take longer to process than others. It also depends on the residency requirements for said country. If you can provide more details, folks can give you more accurate answers. As a DCF'er I can tell you it's better.... even if you deal with the Consulate in MTL which is insane :wacko:

Oh, and as time goes by in your process :time:, it helps us all

Good luck, L.

hi ,i wish i was in the position to fill my timeline in !!! hence my original question ,and we are u.k. based ,thx ,andy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
thanks for the reply ,we are u.k. based ,so our embassy is london ,they dont say if there is a time limit on how long my wife has had to have been residing here ,any ideas??
I believe that it has to do with the code that is stamped in the passport when entering the UK, you need to have a reason to become resident in the UK, like education or work. No length of residency indicated.
Proof of UK Residence: You must provide evidence that you have permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Submit a copy of one of the following: Appropriate UK Entry Clearance Stamp(s);
http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/forms/i130..._for_spouse.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

My gut feeling is to say that you shouldn't try this because of the previous complications with your case, especially the AOS denial.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.