62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I was typing this while the topic was locked:

Everyone who's angry at Muy Solo-keep in mind that if her husband were to return illegally, while they wouldn't be dealing with the separation, their life will never be a bed of roses. Life with an illegal is tough at best and enough to drive you insane at other times. If she makes that bed, she'll have to sleep in it and I wouldn't be the slightest bit jealous. I can't tell you how tempting it was a few weeks ago when Javier told me some people were coming up-all I wanted to say was, come with them! But I didn't because I know that longsuffering is the key to our future TRUE happiness and security. It takes a mature attitude to realize that. I hope Muy Solo will reconsider.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I was typing this while the topic was locked:

Everyone who's angry at Muy Solo-keep in mind that if her husband were to return illegally, while they wouldn't be dealing with the separation, their life will never be a bed of roses. Life with an illegal is tough at best and enough to drive you insane at other times. If she makes that bed, she'll have to sleep in it and I wouldn't be the slightest bit jealous. I can't tell you how tempting it was a few weeks ago when Javier told me some people were coming up-all I wanted to say was, come with them! But I didn't because I know that longsuffering is the key to our future TRUE happiness and security. It takes a mature attitude to realize that. I hope Muy Solo will reconsider.

I agree...but it just makes me angry that she would be so blatant. I can't imagine what it must be like for some of you...sheesh, I'm having a hard time waiting for a friggin' interview at the moment. If she chooses such a life, then she deserves all that she gets. Sorry...I'm off and running again. I just hope she thinks this through. We all want to be with our beloveds.... :yes:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

for someone to go "ah screw it we'll do it illegally" is degrading to those of us who are doing it legally. They are the reason why this f'ing process takes so freaking long. Just deciding to immigrate here without a visa is illegal, which makes them criminals. Who knows how criminal minds work. Never thinking of what problems could lie ahead.

Timeline

I doubt she knew when she posted all that, that you never know who could possibly be reading this. Certainly never good to air illegal intentions in public, period.

I don't want to get into it, but they're really not the reason the process takes so long. By not getting a visa, they're actually freeing up a place in line. I think we should all remember who really makes this process long-the terrorists and those who commit visa fraud. Not the ones who just hop over. And although I agree with some of what you said, that statement about the criminal mind was a bit hurtful. I certainly don't regard my fiance as a criminal, because he's not. He simply broke the law once, which I do every single day by speeding, etc.

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline
I doubt she knew when she posted all that, that you never know who could possibly be reading this. Certainly never good to air illegal intentions in public, period.

I don't want to get into it, but they're really not the reason the process takes so long. By not getting a visa, they're actually freeing up a place in line. I think we should all remember who really makes this process long-the terrorists and those who commit visa fraud. Not the ones who just hop over. And although I agree with some of what you said, that statement about the criminal mind was a bit hurtful. I certainly don't regard my fiance as a criminal, because he's not. He simply broke the law once, which I do every single day by speeding, etc.

point taken. my apologies.

Filed: Timeline

I think if you are planning someting illegal then you must have a crimnal mind. you are in your right mine when you are organizing "THE PLAN" if you do something by accident- its an accident. example forgettging to pay for an item out the store. is not a crime but, stealing is. its all apples and oranges really.

shon.gif

Timeline

You're probably right, Shon. I remember planning with a friend of mine in college to steal the pink flamingoes out of someone's yard in the middle of the night. I never imagined I had a criminal mind though-maybe a little crazy, but certainly not criminal!! :lol:

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

I too drive fast. it's illegal. never been stopped for speeding though. police always see me speeding but i'm not going fast enough for them to bother. am i therefore a criminal for doing something illegal or not a criminal because they don't want to bother with 10 KM/H over the speed limit?

Timeline
I too drive fast. it's illegal. never been stopped for speeding though. police always see me speeding but i'm not going fast enough for them to bother. am i therefore a criminal for doing something illegal or not a criminal because they don't want to bother with 10 KM/H over the speed limit?

Then it would be the determining factor of whether or not you are caught that makes you a criminal. I think the difference between a criminal and doing something illegal is a matter of intent, also how you are afterwards and if you do it again...

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Then it would be the determining factor of whether or not you are caught that makes you a criminal. I think the difference between a criminal and doing something illegal is a matter of intent, also how you are afterwards and if you do it again...

Well I don't intend on driving dangerously or causing harm to anyone or their property.

Filed: Timeline
You're probably right, Shon. I remember planning with a friend of mine in college to steal the pink flamingoes out of someone's yard in the middle of the night. I never imagined I had a criminal mind though-maybe a little crazy, but certainly not criminal!! :lol:

Crimes happen with the intention of NOT getting caught! you know full well what you did was wrong.

you did not get caught- had you gotton caught you would have had to account for your actions. Just like when you speed, your getting away with it- but, one day you will have to account for your actions.

" oh I did not know " dont always work.

btw, if you are 7 miles over the speed limit they will write you a ticket if you get caught.

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Bragging about doing something illegal and saying it with an in your face attitude is one thing. Secondly, no remorse and talking about the government in that she goes on to say she does not respect it? Melissa you know better than that. Your trying to go with a waiver and you are seeing Javier. Shona is here doing a waiver too. MUY SOLO thinks she is better than anyone else is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not happy not seeing my husband since January 2005. I am doing it right and she should do it or keep her illegal ways to herself. It is ####### like this that makes it harder. Yes, my husband comes from a country that has to be stricter and more checks. But just because he comes from Pakistan that does not mean he has done something illegal or been involved in terrorist activities.

This site is for us to get the correct information and do our processing thru the proper channels. And like Joel said it is one thing to speed or do something in criminal mind then what more would they do? Sorry but first husband was in law enforcement and if you have no respect for the law you never will.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Well I don't intend on driving dangerously or causing harm to anyone or their property.

Well, speeding's a bad example anyway. I don't think anyone has bad intentions while driving. What I meant was more like, criminals do things for bad reasons. Like I steal because I can or I vandalize someone's home because I hate them, etc.

-Oscar the Grouch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.