girlfromphils

Can a pregnant fiancée be granted a k1visa?

47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I’m posting for my cousin. She is 2 weeks pregnant and she is still waiting for her interview. In her medical she will be positive. Do you think she will be granted k1 fiancee visa?

I don't see why not - unless there is some sort of paternity test that needs to be provided, but I don't know. Other folks may respond with more accurate information.

Good luck, L.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hmmm, because she is not far along as ,..they MAY actually ask for GOOD proof of her fiance's last visit with her, or her with him, to actually substantiate it could in fact be his. If they cant provide proof of his last visit with her or her with him, however it went, to calulate due dates etc to coincide with visit ,I can almot guarantee if she is from a high risk immigration country, they will ask, and may indeed also ask for paternity testing once the baby is born. Thet may even in fact delay the processing AS TO WAIT FOR THAT...

I rememerbr eading a story much like that on here a very long time ago,..

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hmmm, because she is not far along as ,..they MAY actually ask for GOOD proof of her fiance's last visit with her, or her with him, to actually substantiate it could in fact be his. If they cant provide proof of his last visit with her or her with him, however it went, to calulate due dates etc to coincide with visit ,I can almot guarantee if she is from a high risk immigration country, they will ask, and may indeed also ask for paternity testing once the baby is born. Thet may even in fact delay the processing AS TO WAIT FOR THAT...

I rememerbr eading a story much like that on here a very long time ago,..

Jodee

If there is any reason to beleive the child is not that of the fiance, they may want verification that he was there at the appropriate time and knows of the pregnancy. Actually though this goes to bona fide ongoing relationship issues. As long as the petitioner is in agreement (in advance) and the bona fides are good, they'll issue the visa evenentually, even if it isn't his child.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I’m posting for my cousin. She is 2 weeks pregnant and she is still waiting for her interview. In her medical she will be positive. Do you think she will be granted k1 fiancee visa?

She needs to them at St. Lukes that she is pregnant. This happens often there.

The Embassy CO will see the exam results from St. Lukes so will know about the pregnancy. The CO could suspect that the fiance is not the father, based on the time of the fiance's last visit. The CO can put the VISA on hold for this reason. The CO may ask for a notarized letter from the fiance saying that he knows about the pregnancy and he still intends to marry her.

I know this can happen because it happened to my wife's cousin and it caused a month delay while the fiance sent the letter and the Embassy reviewed the case.

Timeline
girlfromphils,

Being pregnant does not disqualify one for a visa.

Yodrak

I'm posting for my cousin. She is 2 weeks pregnant and she is still waiting for her interview. In her medical she will be positive. Do you think she will be granted k1 fiancee visa?

Technically that is correct. However, if the CO suspects that the fiance is not the father (based on visit dates), the CO can hold up the VISA for confirmation the the fiance knows about the pregnancy and still intends to marry her.

I'm speculating on the exact reasons for the COs doing that, but I suspect it is because the Manila COs know that its not unusual for fiancees to have secret boyfriends, and some arrive in the US pregnant by the boyfriend. I suppose that sometimes this doesn't go over too well with the US fiance and she returns to her country or she goes TnT in the US.

garya,

Nothing technical about it - the statement is correct.

As to the related issue about paternity that you and others are cautioning girlfromphils about, be careful about raising issues ("Manila COs know that its not unusual for fiancees to have secret boyfriends") that can be interpreted as questioning the morals of Fillipinas. I did that the other day and the resulting firestorm may not yet be contained.

Yodrak

girlfromphils,

Yodrak

I'm posting for my cousin. She is 2 weeks pregnant and she is still waiting for her interview. In her medical she will be positive. Do you think she will be granted k1 fiancee visa?

Technically that is correct. However, if the CO suspects that the fiance is not the father (based on visit dates), the CO can hold up the VISA for confirmation the the fiance knows about the pregnancy and still intends to marry her.

I'm speculating on the exact reasons for the COs doing that, but I suspect it is because the Manila COs know that its not unusual for fiancees to have secret boyfriends, and some arrive in the US pregnant by the boyfriend. I suppose that sometimes this doesn't go over too well with the US fiance and she returns to her country or she goes TnT in the US.

Timeline
garya,

Nothing technical about it - the statement is correct.

As to the related issue about paternity that you and others are cautioning girlfromphils about, be careful about raising issues ("Manila COs know that its not unusual for fiancees to have secret boyfriends") that can be interpreted as questioning the morals of Fillipinas. I did that the other day and the resulting firestorm may not yet be contained.

Yodrak

girlfromphils,

Yodrak

I don't question the morals of all Filipinas (my wife is one, and she's an angel), only some of them. One only needs to have direct knowledge of actual cases to know that there is a huge range of character of the women of the Philippines, as in many other countries (including the good old USA).

garya,

I didn't say "all" either, not in this thread nor in the other thread.

Where were you when I needed someone to point these things out the other day!

Yodrak

I don't question the morals of all Filipinas (my wife is one, and she's an angel), only some of them. One only needs to have direct knowledge of actual cases to know that there is a huge range of character of the women of the Philippines, as in many other countries (including the good old USA).

Timeline
garya,

Yodrak

;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
garya,

Yodrak

True Yodrak eventhough you did not say "all", but you did say "many" and the American Heritage dictionary defines many as a large indefinite number: majority.

I suspect that regardless of the word all, most or many, the resulting firestorm would not have been any different.

American Heritage Dictionary -

man·y(měn'ē)

adj. more (môr, mōr), most (mōst)

Being one of a large indefinite number; numerous: many a child; many another day.

Amounting to or consisting of a large indefinite number: many friends.

n. (used with a pl. verb)

A large indefinite number: A good many of the workers had the flu.

The majority of the people; the masses: "The many fail, the one succeeds" (Tennyson).

YMMV

yordak: the problem people were having w/ that other thread is you never admitted the comment was questionable. we all read what your post said. "many" was the word you used. if you would have showed a little bit of grief or understanding that it may have been offensive...."maybe i worded that wrong"..."didn't mean to offend" would have cooled peoples fire. but, you didn't you went into defense mode. telling everyone the difference between all-many-most. & you're doing it again today.

just admit it: you made a questionable comment in the heat of the moment, nothing wrong with it. we all do it.

Timeline

All, many, some, one or two ... :lol:

Seriously though, let's just say I've been shocked by the extreme contrast between the "good" and "bad" character I've seen, and nothing much would surprize me anymore.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
yordak: the problem people were having w/ that other thread is you never admitted the comment was questionable. we all read what your post said. "many" was the word you used. if you would have showed a little bit of grief or understanding that it may have been offensive...."maybe i worded that wrong"..."didn't mean to offend" would have cooled peoples fire. but, you didn't you went into defense mode. telling everyone the difference between all-many-most. & you're doing it again today.

just admit it: you made a questionable comment in the heat of the moment, nothing wrong with it. we all do it.

I'm sticking with this response.

Following is the winning entry from an annual contest calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

This year's term: Political Correctness.

And the winning definition is:

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a ####### by the clean end."

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.