BYRON-LEIDY

My rollern coaster ride continues!!!!!!!!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My insurance has a 6 month pre-exsisting clause. So 6 months after you are enrolled in the plan, they will cover whatever the situation warrants. I am not sure what your plan will or will not cover, but, it would be wise for you to find out before she arrives.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i beg to differ sir, what kind of health insurance do u have that wont cover this kind of change in insurance coverage for a person

ymmv,

f

Thanks everybody for the good wishes....im hoping that the process goes by faster then the pregnancy so that i could put her in my insurance...if im not mistaken, the whole process takes 6-7 months but she might arrive here before then...we'll have o wait and see..but i am extremely excited!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Hi Byron,

Even if you get your GF/Fiancee' to the USA...AND if you marry her before the baby is born...you health insurance will NOT cover any event or "pre-existing condition." Insurance companies are not in the practice or business of providing coverage for "retroactive" events. Think of it this way...you are not going to get automobile insurance to cover an accident that you had last month with your car.

Insurance companies are not interested in "buying a claim" that for sure must be paid. Once she is your wife and added to your health insurance plan and you begin paying additional premium for her coverages...then claims after that will be paid according to the terms of the policy. For example, if a person has diabetes as a "pre-existing condition," they are not going to get coverage for their insulin. Diabetes will be excluded. However, if the same person is injured in an automobile accident, those injuries would be covered. Consequently, if your (then) wife gets pregnant AFTER you are married for your second child...then, you will have coverage for maternity.

Sincerely...and many good wishes!!! :dance: I am very happy for you.

Craig

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wasnt really concerned with the whole insurance thing. Someone brought it up and it took a life of its own. Now if she could be hefre and we could get married and her name added to my insurance then it would be much better. I live in Manhattan and i have Lenox Hill hospital three blocks away, so it would be nice!!!!!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Spending energy worrying about insurance issues is a waste of energy if you ask me, I'm sure everything will work out just fine! Congrats on becoming a daddy! Just enjoy the ride! :dance::thumbs::dancing:

AOS TIMELINE

02/15/2008 - Mailed Package via Overnight

02/18/2008 - Delivered

02/26/08 - Check cashed

02/28/08 - Received 3 noa's in mail : AOS, EAD and AP, Notice Date 02/25/08

03/11/08 - I-485 Transferred to CSC... EAD and AP still not in online system

03/12/08 - Boimetrics

03/22/08 - Touched

03/24/08 - Touched

04/04/08 - Touched

04/22/08 - EAD card production ordered, AP approval notice sent

04/29/08 - EAD Approval Notice Sent

05/02/08 - EAD arrived in mail

05/09/08 - AP touched

05/13/08 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!

05/14/08 - AP arrived in mail

05/16/08 - Approval notice sent

05/20/08 - Green Card arrived in mail!!!!! Huge sigh of relief...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.