BYRON-LEIDY

PROBLEM!!!!!!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

OK here is my problem...i filed a I129f petition on May 24th...I got my NOA1 and am waiting for my NOA2..Now here is my problem, my fiance's mother is in Canada seeking political assylum...She filed papers 2 years ago tryin g to bring her husband and daughters along with her...My fiance is one of those daughters...Will this affect decisions on my case?????? From what i have read as long as we are honest about it and put it in a letter we should be ok...And further more, the forms were filed 2 yrs ago, my fiance and i met 5 months ago...And her mom filed for her, she didnt do the filing herself....If anyone has any comments or advice , please help me out here!!!!!! :crying:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

OK here is my problem...i filed a I129f petition on May 24th...I got my NOA1 and am waiting for my NOA2..Now here is my problem, my fiance's mother is in Canada seeking political assylum...She filed papers 2 years ago tryin g to bring her husband and daughters along with her...My fiance is one of those daughters...Will this affect decisions on my case?????? From what i have read as long as we are honest about it and put it in a letter we should be ok...And further more, the forms were filed 2 yrs ago, my fiance and i met 5 months ago...And her mom filed for her, she didnt do the filing herself....If anyone has any comments or advice , please help me out here!!!!!! :crying:

Not really sure how that might be a problem. Your applying for her to immigrate to the US and not Canada.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

Not really sure how that might be a problem. Your applying for her to immigrate to the US and not Canada.

Just the point that her name is involved in another process at the same time, and Canada and the US share information if im not mistaken

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Just the point that her name is involved in another process at the same time, and Canada and the US share information if im not mistaken

They don't necessarily share all information. US immigration may not even know about it or care if they do. I think you might be asking for more trouble by volunteering the information, but instead if they do know about it, and they ask questions about it, be honest. There is nothing I know of requiring you to disclose pending visas with other countries.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

They don't necessarily share all information. US immigration may not even know about it or care if they do. I think you might be asking for more trouble by volunteering the information, but instead if they do know about it, and they ask questions about it, be honest. There is nothing I know of requiring you to disclose pending visas with other countries.

I have read a TON of forums when it comes to the I129f in Colombia...and one of the things that i have seen the most being said is to be honest and not to withhold information...as a matter fact, on the actual visa application form for her , there is a part that asks wether anyone has ever filed a petition for her or uf she ever applied for a visa herself

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
I have read a TON of forums when it comes to the I129f in Colombia...and one of the things that i have seen the most being said is to be honest and not to withhold information...as a matter fact, on the actual visa application form for her , there is a part that asks wether anyone has ever filed a petition for her or uf she ever applied for a visa herself

I would just be honest. My Fiancee is applying for a tourist visa and I haven't even sent in the I-129F yet. We think the tourist visa will be seen first, but she is still going to answer that she has another visa petition in. I don't know if you believe in karma, but I know that we need everything to be on our side with this.

07/27/2006 - I-129F Sent to CSC via USPS Priority

Don't withhold information that is required. But you don't need to volunteer information thats not required. There is no where on the I-129F or G-325A that asks about visa applications to other countries.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

Oh i agree with you completely!! At first i panicked, but now i think that if im just honest and list it on the petition then it will be alright...im leaning on the fact that it was her mom who applied for hefr and that it was 2 yrs ago...We didnt even know eachother existed!!

Don't withhold information that is required. But you don't need to volunteer information thats not required. There is no where on the I-129F or G-325A that asks about visa applications to other countries.

Your right that it isnt on any form, but there is one part that asks if anyone has filed on her behalf.

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Oh i agree with you completely!! At first i panicked, but now i think that if im just honest and list it on the petition then it will be alright...im leaning on the fact that it was her mom who applied for hefr and that it was 2 yrs ago...We didnt even know eachother existed!!

Your right that it isnt on any form, but there is one part that asks if anyone has filed on her behalf.

The only question sorta related to what your talking about pertains to you, and whether or not you have filed for a fiancee or spouse visa before. Question number 11 on the 1-129F. The question is asked due to limitations imposed by IMBRA.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

The only question sorta related to what your talking about pertains to you, and whether or not you have filed for a fiancee or spouse visa before. Question number 11 on the 1-129F. The question is asked due to limitations imposed by IMBRA.

On form DS 156 which i believe is part of packet 3,question number 36 asks, has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf...form DS 156 is the non immigrant visa application which my fiance has to fill out.

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

I don't think they are asking about visas filed for other countries, just US ones. And you could cause some confusion if you say yes to that question and disclose the visa pending to Canada. I think giving information about the pending visa to Canada would likely cause more problems than avoid. Really the visa petition to Canada that was filed on behalf of your fiancee will kinda become void at least for her if she immigrates to the US. Its good to be honest, but I think in this case, unless specifically asked for it, your probably better off just not worrying about it. I don't think they will know about it. But if you do tell them about it, and they want to verify it, it could send your case into AP.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

My concern here is that the Colombian embassy finds out about it..or for that matter that the US finds out later on and does something crazy like deport her for no stating it

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

My concern here is that the Colombian embassy finds out about it..or for that matter that the US finds out later on and does something crazy like deport her for no stating it

Thats not a reason to deport someone. And since its not asked for, she wouldn't be misrepresenting herself by not disclosing it. (Its not the Columbian embassy. Its the US embassy in Columbia)

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

Thats right...i think im going to keep it hush, but if tghey ask then it will just be explained...i just hope it doesnt cause any problems

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Timeline

Does the US embassy in Colombia work with the Colombian embassy though..in looking for red flags ???

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.