ding

UNCLEAR still. I-130 and I-129F simultaneous processing?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

She doesn't need to work here and we want the QUICKEST way to get her here. I'll pay the extra fee (ding swallows hard). :D

1) Consular processing in Bangkok;

If you haven't filed yet, you clearly indicate on the I-130 that you want Consular processing of your I-130 instead of adjusting status in the US. Also put this in your cover letter. We have no history of anybody doing this successfully, (or not) so I suggest you make it as clear as possible. Maybe write "Consular Processing Please" in big red letters on every page of the actual I-130.

This is great advice from pushbrk, I'm sure, but I'm not clear on it at all. How does this work?

2) I've been advised to NOT file the I-129F. But then I read that it's quicker than the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.

I just need some basic overview, I guess. I've studied the instructions but don't know what to do to get her here quickest. I'd like to do BOTH tracks and abandon the slowest, but how do I do that?

Edited by ding

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
She doesn't need to work here and we want the QUICKEST way to get her here. I'll pay the extra fee (ding swallows hard). :D

If you haven't filed yet, you clearly indicate on the I-130 that you want Consular processing of your I-130 instead of adjusting status in the US. Also put this in your cover letter. We have no history of anybody doing this successfully, (or not) so I suggest you make it as clear as possible. Maybe write "Consular Processing Please" in big red letters on every page of the actual I-130.

This is great advice from pushbrk, I'm sure, but I'm not clear on it at all. How does this work?

2) I've been advised to NOT file the I-129F. But then I read that it's quicker than the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.

I just need some basic overview, I guess. I've studied the instructions but don't know what to do to get her here quickest. I'd like to do BOTH tracks and abandon the slowest, but how do I do that?

Of course there are no guarantees but the K3 should be faster. If you want the I-130 to keep running, then follow the advice I gave you. I don't understand what you're asking. Do you need help with "clearly indicate" or writing a cover letter?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks yet again pushbrk.

As I understand it I send I-130 to NSC who forward it to CSC. But if I ask for consular processing do they then forward it to Bangkok embassy? If so, how long does that take?

And what about the I-129F for spouse, will that continue processing as well? What is the basis for NOT filing it? <-Economizing and AOS avoidance I assume?

As an aside, I'm a little reluctant to use red ink as it directs us to use black for the forms themselves (just paranoid maybe). But should I state that on the G-325A forms as well?

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

interview 9-10-09

Resident since 9-10-09.

Timeline

As I understand it I send I-130 to NSC who forward it to CSC. But if I ask for consular processing do they then forward it to Bangkok embassy? If so, how long does that take?

And what about the I-129F for spouse, will that continue processing as well? What is the basis for NOT filing it? <-Economizing and AOS avoidance I assume?

As an aside, I'm a little reluctant to use red ink as it directs us to use black for the forms themselves (just paranoid maybe). But should I state that on the G-325A forms as well?

You wouldn't use the red ink in any of the blanks of the forms. I'd write on the top above any blanks.

Send you petition or petitions to CSC directly in the same package. That is the current procedure. No need to send anything to an intermediate location or to wait for a receipt.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Remember I can only tell you from my experiance.

130 gets her CR1 visa. 129 F gets K3. Difference?

CR1 is better for reasons related to green card & ease of lenght of stay which can evolve into permanet resident.

K3 is same but is usually different stay length & path the green card. Most people go for both because the K3 is quicker . Not in my case.

I must tell you that I believe pushbrk is wrong with all respect.

To file DCF , you, the petioner must reside in Thailand for about two years. Call the counsulate & ask them of have her do it. It is located directly across the street form Embassy in BKK.

Fastest way to get her here is NOT to marry in BKK. You can then ask for a tourist visa for her. But make sure you read & understand exactly what the "strongest ties " rule is. Do not mistake in your understanding of this . I tried 3 times to get one & failed 3 times. But I was married to my Thai wife & I could not prove to them enough to meet strongest ties bit.

With tourist visa you could decide to marry here but be very careful & understand that they will think you will then file adjustment of status & deniy the visa because of that. They are trained to do so.

You will find it extremely diffucult to pass interview . Do not use Thai lawyer or agency. They are huge liers. I spent 2,000 finding that out & was told off the record by Embassy officer that they would like to stop all of them from stealing money from clients.

The time lines here on V J have been very accurate . Use them & believe in them. A false sense of what you can really do & expect will lead to huge dissapointment.

I have been involved in all of this for about 8 months now. I thought I could find a way to speed it up & did not. We have to live with the system in place & you will learn why as you Journey I think.

Visa Journey provides an invaluable service in doing what they do. Best to start reading everything they have about what this takes so you can form realistic view.

Timeline

Timeline

So glad VJ hands like you are here. Is what you're saying regarding the Direct Filing address? Here's what the US CIS website says still.;

Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Effective July 30, 2007

The Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

And then this for regular I-129F for spouse mailing address;

Note on Where to File:

If you are filing for your fiance(e), file this petition at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your area of residence. See the related link "Where Do I File?" for which Service Center has jurisdiction over your area of residence.

If you are filing for your fiance(e) and live outside the United States, submit this petition to the Service Center with jurisdiction over your last place of residence in the U.S.

If you are a U.S. citizen, and are using this form to bring in your wife or unmarried child under the LIFE Act, file this petition at:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 7218

Chicago, IL 60680-7218

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by ding

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

11-1-07 touched I-130

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

interview 9-10-09

Resident since 9-10-09.

Timeline

CR1 is better for reasons related to green card & ease of lenght of stay which can evolve into permanet resident.

K3 is same but is usually different stay length & path the green card. Most people go for both because the K3 is quicker . Not in my case.

To file DCF , you, the petioner must reside in Thailand for about two years. Call the counsulate & ask them of have her do it. It is located directly across the street form Embassy in BKK.

Fastest way to get her here is NOT to marry in BKK. You can then ask for a tourist visa for her. But make sure you read & understand exactly what the "strongest ties " rule is. Do not mistake in your understanding of this . I tried 3 times to get one & failed 3 times. But I was married to my Thai wife & I could not prove to them enough to meet strongest ties bit.

With tourist visa you could decide to marry here but be very careful & understand that they will think you will then file adjustment of status & deniy the visa because of that. They are trained to do so.

You will find it extremely diffucult to pass interview . Do not use Thai lawyer or agency. They are huge liers. I spent 2,000 finding that out & was told off the record by Embassy officer that they would like to stop all of them from stealing money from clients.

The time lines here on V J have been very accurate . Use them & believe in them. A false sense of what you can really do & expect will lead to huge dissapointment.

I have been involved in all of this for about 8 months now. I thought I could find a way to speed it up & did not. We have to live with the system in place & you will learn why as you Journey I think.

Visa Journey provides an invaluable service in doing what they do. Best to start reading everything they have about what this takes so you can form realistic view.

Side bar. You sholud be aware the fees for all filings go up 66% after July 30. 130 from $190 to $455.

Rciker, The OP and pushbrk were not discussing DCF. The were taliking about Consular processing of the I130. Meaning they want USCIS to forward it to NVC and then eventually to the consulate instead of being held for AOS if the I129F is approved at or close to the same time.

The other part is the new "direct filing" instructions. No more sending petitions I130 and I129F to NSC and Chicago, etc. Send it to the CS that will adjudicate it.

OP, of course, now with filing both petitions together, we don't even know if they will just ignore those big red letters and hold it anyways as it will be easier for them to approve both at the same time.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Timeline

Rciker, The OP and pushbrk were not discussing DCF. The were taliking about Consular processing of the I130. Meaning they want USCIS to forward it to NVC and then eventually to the consulate instead of being held for AOS if the I129F is approved at or close to the same time.

The other part is the new "direct filing" instructions. No more sending petitions I130 and I129F to NSC and Chicago, etc. Send it to the CS that will adjudicate it.

OP, of course, now with filing both petitions together, we don't even know if they will just ignore those big red letters and hold it anyways as it will be easier for them to approve both at the same time.

Right, we don't know if they'll ignore it. Their policy just says something to the effect that they will hold the petition unless it is made clear that Consular processing is desired when the petition is filed. We have no reports of success, so it's a shot in the dark.

To add a second clarification, we are not talking about DCF.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.