karvee2005

How can i prove ongoing relationship ?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our landlady wrote a brief statement about our cohabitation.

And what a statement it was! :lol: Another case of those terribly thin walls, eh :whistle:

She's very modest :innocent:

(I should mention for clarity that the buildings there are all poured concrete, so hardly thin, ahem.)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

Our landlady wrote a brief statement about our cohabitation.

And what a statement it was! :lol: Another case of those terribly thin walls, eh :whistle:

She's very modest :innocent:

(I should mention for clarity that the buildings there are all poured concrete, so hardly thin, ahem.)

Oh! Conrete. hmmm. So it was at a much higher decibel, then!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Karvee,

You might also want to read through 9 FAM 40.41 Notes, dealing with Public Charge, being very careful to distinguish between the material that deals with non-immigrant visas, including the K visas, and the material that deals with immigrant visas and I-864. Many people apply immigrant visa information to the K visas and it's not necessarily applicable. There is also brief mention of the public charge requirements for K visas in 9 FAM 41.81 Notes, dealing with Fiance(e)s.

Some things that you will notice,

- the public charge issues for non-immigrants are very subjective and nowhere near as quantified as for immigrants,

- the petitioner is not necessarily required to be the sponsor for a K visa, any suitable (my word) person will do,

- in determining if a proposed sponsor is 'suitable' there are many considerations to be reviewed and the 'totality of the circumstances' is to be the deciding factor, not just 'how much money does the proposed sponsor make'.

Arguable the most important thing to realize is the subjectivity of it all, which can lead to a great deal of variability between consulates and even between consular officers at the same consulate. People always ask, "what do I need exactly". There is no answer to that question.

Yodrak

karvee,

I mean all of the financial documentation that may be requested to show that the visa applicant meets the public charge provisions of the law - I-134 is only 1 item of that.

See form DS-2000, as provided by the consulate in Bangkok, here

< http://web.archive.org/web/20040327074622/..._8-1999_eng.pdf >

Yodrak

Yodrak,

By sponsorship package are you meaning the affidavit of support that came with the packet three, or do you mean something else ? Im curious if there have been any other members who went through the interview process while being unemployed ?

Karvee,

Have your parents prepare a sponsorship package with the necessary financial documentation and hope that the consular officer does not insist that you have a source of income back in the USA before they will issue the visa.

Also, start collecting some things that show you and your fiancee are living together. Shouldn't be difficult, use your imagination. And don't be distracted by the kinds of evidence provided those where the two people are living apart in different countries. (Maybe you and Ken can get together and share ideas on the subject.)

Yodrak

Hello,

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, its the interview i am worried about, i dont have a job, i just brought alot of money with me when i came here and ive been living with that. I was going to go back home and start work and prepare for everything but the process has moved along a little quicker than i expected and i thought maybe it would be better if we could fly back together, if possible.

I dont have my own place or anything (in America), but my parents want to sponser for her and want us to live with them, they have the extra room and could use us around the house. In my line of work jobs are easy to come by and i know i could pick one up as soon as i got back, but i dont have anyway to prove this at the interview. So yeah, im kind of confused as to what i should do at this point.

Thanks,

Karvee

well if all is not in you names this is a small problem , though u said u have joint bank.. anyhow-- i would use work or school to prove that u are currently in same location if not avaible for both of you - u wil nee affidavit from freinds or familily that can say u have lived together.. for this time- i dont see this as any real problem u just need to use whatr u have

August 2003 met my sweet viktoria online

January 2004 feeling the love..heart.gif

November 2004 Really wanting to meet

August 04, 2005 first moments together St Petersburgdance.gif

August 11, 2005 Proposed marraigehearton.gif

Sept 12, 2005 129f received at TSC mail.gif

Sept 16, 2005 NOA1 received From CSC

Oct 26, 2005 date i had expected to receive my NOA2

(past now with this forever july 7 issue new expected -never)

well maybe not -i expect in about 4 months

Nov 14 NOA2

Dec 7 Sent to embassy

Jan 17 interview - got visa!

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks Yodrak, ill read into that tonight. At this point i just dont know what would be best for me to do, go ahead and stay for the interview unemployed, or fly back immediatly and get a month or so work in and atleast show im working.

Its definatly not an easy decision for me, but its one that ill have to make very soon.

06/01/04 Met online

07/09/05 Flew to Thailand

11/16/05 Sent I-129F

11/28/05 NOA1

12/19/05 NOA2

01/06/06 Case sent to Bangkok

01/31/06 Packet 3 recieved

02/??/06 Sent Packet 3

03/??/06 Packet 4 recieved

Interview date set for april 4 , 2006

Had to reschedule interview, new date set for May 16, 2006

05/16/06 Interview-Visa approved!!

05/17/06 Visa in hand

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry, i havnt figured out how to edit my previous post yet.

I just got off the horn with some contacts back home, if i had a notorized letter of employment stating i had a job waiting for me when i got back home, would this help at the interview?

06/01/04 Met online

07/09/05 Flew to Thailand

11/16/05 Sent I-129F

11/28/05 NOA1

12/19/05 NOA2

01/06/06 Case sent to Bangkok

01/31/06 Packet 3 recieved

02/??/06 Sent Packet 3

03/??/06 Packet 4 recieved

Interview date set for april 4 , 2006

Had to reschedule interview, new date set for May 16, 2006

05/16/06 Interview-Visa approved!!

05/17/06 Visa in hand

Karvee,

You get 1 or 2 minutes to edit a post, after that it haunts you until the next server crash.

The value of the letter you suggest might depend on what it says - how it's worded. Maybe also who the proposed employer is, who the employee writing the letter is, what the position is. In summary - credibility. Notatizing is meaningless (think about it...) The ultimate value, or lack of value, will definitely depend the consular officer who's processing the case.

Yodrak

Sorry, i havnt figured out how to edit my previous post yet.

I just got off the horn with some contacts back home, if i had a notorized letter of employment stating i had a job waiting for me when i got back home, would this help at the interview?

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.