caroline_dave

K1 - How to cancel?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello guys,

I know it's not usual but my fiance and I need to cancel our K1 application.

Don't worry, there is no trouble in our relationship, we are even going to get married earlier than expected...

Actualy for work purpose, we are not going to live in the US permanently before 2 and a half years.

The facts are:

- We sent out to VSC a K1 application end of May and are still waiting for NOA2

- We are going to get married in France in September

- I need to spend one week in the US early October, before moving to a third country.

- We are going to live in this third country for a period of 2.5 years, but we'll be visiting friends and family inthe US once in a while.

Do you have any advice? What is the best way to proceed???

My main concern is I'll have to apply later (let say in about 1 year) for a K3 visa. Due to a K1 cancellation do you think they can reject an other visa application?

Also, as a tourist, I'm under visa waiver program, do you have any experience about going through US imigration with a K1 cancellation and no other visa?

Thanks for your help. Everything is going so fast, I'm a little lost...

Find out where your case is (service center, NVC or consulate) and notify them of your intent.

Looks like the OP's case is still at VSC.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some years ago I simply wrote a letter to the service center referenceing my case # and a brief statement requesting they stop any processing on the file. Some weeks later I received a NOA indicating they did so.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello guys,

I know it's not usual but my fiance and I need to cancel our K1 application.

Don't worry, there is no trouble in our relationship, we are even going to get married earlier than expected...

Actualy for work purpose, we are not going to live in the US permanently before 2 and a half years.

The facts are:

- We sent out to VSC a K1 application end of May and are still waiting for NOA2

- We are going to get married in France in September

- I need to spend one week in the US early October, before moving to a third country.

- We are going to live in this third country for a period of 2.5 years, but we'll be visiting friends and family inthe US once in a while.

Do you have any advice? What is the best way to proceed???

My main concern is I'll have to apply later (let say in about 1 year) for a K3 visa. Due to a K1 cancellation do you think they can reject an other visa application?

Also, as a tourist, I'm under visa waiver program, do you have any experience about going through US imigration with a K1 cancellation and no other visa?

Thanks for your help. Everything is going so fast, I'm a little lost...

The USC would send a letter to the USCIS Service center referencing the case number and beneficiary name, withdrawing the petition. I would briefly explain that your plans have change. You will marry and live together abroad for about two years before petitioning again for a spouse visa.

No, I don't think your ability to visit the US under the VWP will be impacted.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thanks all for your fast reply.

Yes we think our case is still in Vermont.

We'll write them a letter ASAP. :blush:

As for my next travel to the US, I'll prepare evidences I'm not going to stay...

When you have plans in life... that's not always happening!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.