Jenn!

It's Friday!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
This looks like my Cleo...

4otu58m.jpg

that is too weird, moody! my first kitty was a himalayan and her name was cleo too! and she even looked just like that! she used to have dingleberries a lot with that damn long fur!!! lol :whistle:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Perhaps the scariest thing in the world is an old persian. One of my roomies a few years back had this oooold persian nicknamed the angry marshmellow. In addition to being crabby, she hated being shaved and would only allow my friend to shave her for 30 seconds, since she's too old for sedatives to knock her out during her hair cut. As a result, she is always covered in a variety of bald patches in various states of regrowth and long, narled, matted hair.

The husband wanted a persian until he met the angry marshmellow. Now we're just going to get a random shelter kitty mutt. We've named the future cat Mishmish, arabic (egyptian dialect perhaps) for apricot, apparently a common name in egypt. inshaAllah we're going to the humane society this weekend to play with kitties, so hopefully the husband will fall in love with one and insist we get one NOW, rather than sometime in the future.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

What a pretty cat! Now y'all are making me want one.

I have a little white dog that I adopted from the SPCA several years ago, and she's like my little baby. I also had an orange tabby cat I adopted around the same time, and he died. :( I've been thinking of getting another cat, but we've been renting a condo and though our landlord has been accepting of our dog, I didn't want to add a cat into the mix.

We're moving into our house next week, though, so it would be great to get a kitty! Amed wants to wait and bring one back from Algeria, though. He thinks American cats are spoiled and lazy. I think he's basing this on my sister's 2 cats who are, I admit, spoiled and lazy. He wants a cat that will stalk mice and bugs and stuff. I, on the other hand, want a cat who will sit on my lap and rub up against my leg. And, of course, who will get along with my dog.

Have fun with the kitties, Jenn! And Jackie, if you want a cat, I think you should definitely go out and get one. There are sooo many cats who need good homes, and I'm sure right now you would dote on it a lot.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wooo! I love kitties! Get one jackie! A cuuute white one!

I always picked real names for mine, except 2... and of course when I adopted out the majority of them (I used to do feline rescue and foster care), I kept the 2 with abnormal non-names (mudpuddle and belfry) and only one real name (ptolemy).

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So we have the kittens!!! :dance:

They are sooooooooo adorable, I cant get over it. They seem totally at home already and they've only been here for an hour! Running around chasing each other, exploring every nook and cranny of the house.

Wouldn't you know that my camera is out of batteries! But I'll be sure to post some photos soon!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on the kitties Jenn. I am such a cat person, well animal person in general but cats are what we have now. I have 4 of various ages including one little kitten from the orphan litter I raised ( I HAD to get rid of the other 4 dammit) but the one I kept is silver and he has 7 toes. We have a ball watching him play with (torment) the older cats. sometimes its better entertainment than TV. Post a pic of your orange babies when you can Jenn, and yes Jackie you need a kitty or 2 but please, rescue them from a shelter :)

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.